You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
commodore_torakula

Stuff in the Training Room for a Goof

8 comments in this topic

Members
1,622 posts
12,359 battles

....We were discussing the Mikasa in the port chat channel and how cool it would be to have more ships like her (pre-Dreadnaughts and Dreadnaughts) in the lower tiers....But that's not what this post is about--it's about trying interesting mismatches in the training room.

....Someone said he had tried his Mikasa with 2 bot DDs against 10 Eries--and had lost.

....So I thought, I wonder how many lower tier BBs I could take on with my Scharnhorst?

....I decided to take on 3 Kawachis first....too easy....Then I tried 3 Myogis--also easy....Then I tried 3 Kongos and lost, but I beat them on the 2nd try:1317642063_WorldofWarships8_13_20208_45_47AM.thumb.png.3d909563f5602c73d63f76f7914460ed.png

228594629_WorldofWarships8_13_20208_46_05AM.thumb.png.a3dfa23b908c48c93e36eaba93269c9f.png

I might be able to lunch 3 Fusos with a little practice, but I'm not sure.

....So what do you guys think?....I'd be impressed with your own posts if anybody can take down 3 Fusos or 3 Mutsus from T6....3x T7 Nagatos, even better....And I'm not sure anyone's equal to 3x Amagis, but who knows?

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

I'd love to do those Flamu style scenarios where each team of 12 consists of the same ships.  In one he had 12 Yamatos against 12 Montanas, iirc.

But I cannot figure out how to set it up.

Members
1,622 posts
12,359 battles

....Someone in the chat said he managed to nail down 3 Fusos on the 2nd try.

....His first try he only got one, but he was handicapped because they had taken out one of his turrets early....stay tuned.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,468 posts
18,417 battles
24 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

....So I thought, I wonder how many lower tier BBs I could take on with my Scharnhorst?

That reminds me of something I once read to do with an air combat simulator (which was not THE GAME THAT MUST NOT BE NAMED HERE), in which someone mused on the possibility of being able to find out, at last, how many Me262's it takes to shoot down an F-4 Phantom, assuming the Phantom stays to fight and doesn't use its speed to escape. 

A variation I'd like to see is how many low-tier ships it takes when the people driving the low-tier ships are all in voice comms on Discord or similar. For what N does the Kawachi force become unstoppable against a lone Yamato?

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
1,622 posts
12,359 battles

....Also I forgot to mention my Scharn uses a 14-point captain and has all the module slots filled....and that I used the Ocean map (that purest of all maps) and that the bots had High level AI (which is usally the first thing people ask about).

[ARGSY]
Members
24,468 posts
18,417 battles
2 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

Also I forgot to mention my Scharn uses a 14-point captain

What's the skill set?

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,136 posts
4,342 battles
28 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I'd love to do those Flamu style scenarios where each team of 12 consists of the same ships.  In one he had 12 Yamatos against 12 Montanas, iirc.

But I cannot figure out how to set it up.

Training room, select 12v12. Switch add player to bot, select your ship of choice, populate both teams, and you're good to go. If you don't want to be involved just load up something that you can either TK yourself in or get killed in fast.

Members
1,622 posts
12,359 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What's the skill set?

good question lemme check....I misremembered it is in fact 16 points:

DCF, IFA, HA, AR, BoS, V, FP

....I think in retrospect Vigilance was a bad pick though--maybe I should've gone with BFT or SI.

Edited by commodore_torakula