Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JohnQ_3

XP confusion

12 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
2,847 battles

I've only been playing the game for a few weeks and I'm very confused about some aspects of XP.

I am a newby so a pointer to good information is just fine.

In some games with some ships I seem to get much more XP than others.  I just bought a ship and now I'm getting XP that is lower than my hit point when generally I was getting XP that was some multiple of hit points.

I noticed on some ships that there was a star and +50% listed.  Is this the difference (outside of flags and such)?  I'm seeing that disappear on some ships.  Is this something you get when you start and it goes away after a time?  I also see some ships with an emblem, some with an emblem that has a wreath around it and some in gold.  What is that all about? 

Confused.

JohnQ

[CLUMP]
Members
1,892 posts
2,412 battles

The %50 percent exp is for one winning the match on the said ship once per day :Smile_hiding: It goes away when you win once per day :Smile_popcorn:Flags Camo premium time increases exp, free exp, commander exp depending on what flags you use :Smile_honoring: Some flags give other boosts to certain things and they are one-time use only win or lose  :Smile_coin: Random and coop XP and silver rates differ extremely also :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by LastRemnant

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,617 posts
13,182 battles

Well, there's a once a day, first win bonus to XP per ship, that's the star with the +50%. So, if you're trying to make credits, cycling through all your ships use getting that first win of the day is a good way to do it, as credits are based somewhat on XP.

Another thing to be aware of, XP is awarded based on a percentage of the targets health done in damage, modified by relative tier and a few other factors. So, you will earn less XP doing massive amounts of damage to a battleship 2 tiers below you as compared to dev striking a destroyer 2 tiers above you.

Edited by SgtBeltfed
  • Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,892 posts
2,412 battles
11 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Well, there's a once a day, first win bonus to XP per ship, that's the star with the +50%. So, if you're trying to make credits, cycling through all your ships use getting that first win of the day is a good way to do it, as credits are based somewhat on XP.

Another thing to be aware of, XP is awarded based on a percentage of the targets health done in damage, modified by relative tier and a few other factors. So, you will earn less XP doing massive amounts of damage to a battleship 2 tiers below you as compared to dev striking a destroyer 2 tiers above you.

So a tier 6 doing a lot of damage to tier 8 ships means more exp and silver :Smile_hiding: It makes a lot of sense now :fish_book:

Edited by LastRemnant

[WOLFG]
Members
33,617 posts
10,438 battles
14 minutes ago, JohnQ_3 said:

I've only been playing the game for a few weeks and I'm very confused about some aspects of XP.

I am a newby so a pointer to good information is just fine.

In some games with some ships I seem to get much more XP than others.  I just bought a ship and now I'm getting XP that is lower than my hit point when generally I was getting XP that was some multiple of hit points.

Generally, damage is how you get XP.

Lot of variables though. You get more for ships higher tier, less for those lower than you. It's also based on %HP as opposed to raw damage, so doing say 5k dmg to a DD is worth the same as 20k to a BB.

14 minutes ago, JohnQ_3 said:

I also see some ships with an emblem, some with an emblem that has a wreath around it and some in gold.  What is that all about? 

Those are premium ships. Most are available for doubloons, some can be earned through gameplay events, or by stockpiling in-game resources. They typically have some unique gameplay options, and earn higher XP and/or credits than normal ships, as well as a service cost reduction.

[RLGN]
Members
16,202 posts
28,082 battles
19 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Generally, damage is how you get XP.

Yes...

...but not the only way.

Getting lots of different kinds of ribbons is better than just damage.

Capping, Defense Ribbons, Planes shot down, Fires, all the other things.

I’ve often placed surprisingly well in low damage games, and the only reason I can surmise is it was because I had lots of different ribbons.

Conversely; I’ve had high damage games and been bottom half on the leader board.

[PVE]
Members
8,504 posts
24,614 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Those are premium ships. Most are available for doubloons, some can be earned through gameplay events, or by stockpiling in-game resources. They typically have some unique gameplay options, and earn higher XP and/or credits than normal ships, as well as a service cost reduction.

Those are just the ones w/gold emblems...

2 hours ago, JohnQ_3 said:

I also see some ships with an emblem, some with an emblem that has a wreath around it and some in gold.  What is that all about? 

Confused.

JohnQ

(-: 1st off...Welcome to the forums & Welcome to the game :-)

As for the white ones...the ones w/the wreath are elite tech tree ships...you gain elite status by researching all modules & the next ship in the line.

The 1s w/out the wreath are tech tree ships you haven't researched the next ship in the line or haven't finished researching all of the modules.

Premiums are always elite status so they always have the wreath around them. Elite XP (any XP beyond researching all modules & the next ship) can be converted to FXP for doubloons.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[BUOY]
Members
1,338 posts
16,872 battles
5 hours ago, Skpstr said:

While all premiums earn more credits, only the Sims is known to have a base xp bonus i.e. 'Sav a Star Sims' while if you did the exact same in game performance for say Bismarck / Tirpitz, the base xp would be the same.

[WOLFG]
Members
33,617 posts
10,438 battles
4 hours ago, lloyd1701 said:

While all premiums earn more credits, only the Sims is known to have a base xp bonus i.e. 'Sav a Star Sims' while if you did the exact same in game performance for say Bismarck / Tirpitz, the base xp would be the same.

True, I guess I should have said that they come with a permacamo that increases XP.

Sign in to follow this