Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SkullDuggery05

Curse of the timid player

13 comments in this topic

Members
245 posts
2,769 battles

Brought out the fearsome Krasny Krym because the game before some players were saying it is the worst ship in the game. While I agree she has HUGE drawbacks she can still be a useful ship in battle. I specked mine out for HE spam and AA.

Fought my butt off the whole game and was unfortunate to be on a team with VERY timid BB players. They ALL went to one side and camped while the enemy took 3 of the four caps. In the end they had 2 ships left while we had 5. I was Killed at the very end trying to cap and fight a GC which is an almost impossible task. All the while I'm begging for help from players who sat in the same cap the whole game. Result? We lost on points. Very frustrating but I think I proved my point the Krasny Krym has

a place in this game. I shot down 37 planes and scored a Kraken. Winning takes some form of risk so help out your team mates Dudes. 

Screenshot (13).png

Screenshot (14)_LI.jpg

Edited by SkullDuggery05
Spelling
  • Cool 2

[YORHA]
Members
5,366 posts
10,521 battles

They weren't timid.  I have been reliably informed, on this very forum, that they have great situational awareness and were preserving themselves for the late game.  Or the next game... it's really hard to tell sometimes.

• Funny 4
  • Haha 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,838 battles
13 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Or the next game...

The really, really late game.

• Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,201 posts
28,082 battles
16 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

They weren't timid.  I have been reliably informed, on this very forum, that they have great situational awareness and were preserving themselves for the late game.  Or the next game... it's really hard to tell sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

The really, really late game.

Maybe they thought it was Ranked, and were trying to save their stars...

@SkullDuggery05 The Donut is a blast because of what you said; for me it’s worked best as a destroyer killer; kind of like a T5 St Louis or Bogatyr.

Push up close and tight to rocks so bigger things can’t get an angle on you, and support your DDs by overwhelming Red DDs with HE spam. Then keep in cover and rain fire on bigger targets, or borrow an idea from Sweden and feed them Surstromming metal fishes.

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

lost a EASY sure win this morning with a 2 to 1 ship advantage and in the end it was 5 against 2.   The 2 ships chased them to the border and capped everything..did I mention they didn't have a DD?

Just don't know anymore.

Members
665 posts
5,435 battles
16 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

lost a EASY sure win this morning with a 2 to 1 ship advantage and in the end it was 5 against 2.   The 2 ships chased them to the border and capped everything..did I mention they didn't have a DD?

Just don't know anymore.

Are you sure you didn't log into the Asian sever by mistake....this sort of thing is quite common there.....:Smile_trollface:

• Boring 1

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
599 posts
16,633 battles

People lose sight of the fact you need to take caps. Lately its all about people just wanting to wipe the other team. They'll chase a single ship to the back border just to kill 1 ship, ignoring the other 8 ships sitting in all 3 caps.

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,234 posts
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

:cap_haloween:

[WOLFG]
Members
33,617 posts
10,438 battles
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

Problem is, good players can be "timid" and still pull their weight. (and then some)

Mediocre players do it because they see good players do it, but can only accomplish the not getting sunk part.

• Meh 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,440 posts
14,165 battles

They mis-read "Solo Warrior" as "Sole Survivor." 

[SALVO]
Members
3,503 posts
7,388 battles
28 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Problem is, good players can be "timid" and still pull their weight. (and then some)

Mediocre players do it because they see good players do it, but can only accomplish the not getting sunk part.

This . Players threatening and controlling a cap from a couple lines back   vs 3 BBs steaming around the last island in the corner of the map when the enemy is already on the run. 

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles
4 hours ago, Gemlin said:

People lose sight of the fact you need to take caps. Lately its all about people just wanting to wipe the other team. They'll chase a single ship to the back border just to kill 1 ship, ignoring the other 8 ships sitting in all 3 caps.

More like they are too concerned over damage and kill farming to risk their own sinking by taking caps or lending support that they fear is too risky. Add in the fact that a bit too often they are clueless about the exact characteristics and roles of their ships

Common examples of players not understanding ships are assuming that every DD must be a torpedo boat, every DD must have smoke, saw a DD have good AA so surely my DD must have good AA, I am a torpedo boat so I should not use my guns even if they are great guns, I have guns as well as torpedoes so I surely must be able to go in guns blazing even if it’s a ship like Mutsuki or Asashio, Asashio has torpedoes so they must work against everything, ect... I could list a lot more things but you get the idea.

So if a player does not understand the characteristics of various ships they end up not only being inefficient but could end up completely ineffective.

Sign in to follow this