Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Another Pizza Pizza moment

11 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
15,973 posts
12,803 battles

I gave you a confused stamp, but I just have to say, I am confused at what you are trying to convey.

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
19,988 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

I gave you a confused stamp, but I just have to say, I am confused at what you are trying to convey.

Bottom tier performance in a battle

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,367 posts
6,999 battles

GC actually was OP when it first came out...since then it's aged very well in the Meta.

I still have no clue how you guys do so well in California. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Members
387 posts
22,838 battles
10 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Bottom tier performance in a battle

Congratz for those players, but in some games, cap and do some dmg at bottom tier give you top 5 xp in your team. Does not means that you have done a lot of dmg. Some times I wonder why I am in the top 5 ships in a game. (sorry for my english) o7

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
2,987 posts
9,973 battles
59 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

GC actually was OP when it first came out...since then it's aged very well in the Meta.

As crazy as this might sound, some of us actually enjoy the USN BB line in it's full and actual entirety, and ships like New York, New Mexico, and Colorado are staples of some of our ports, thus a ship like California is no problem to play and a welcome challenge in a sea of brainless premiums and unbalanced lines in which I have to actually use my brain and pay attention in order to perform well.

[CNO]
Members
6,608 posts
19,852 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

It's a niche ship that requires a niche play style.  There are several players on the NA server who seem to have figured her out, and can work her on the high side of 60% WR.  One key to the niche is the 12 on 12 nature of Random battles.  The ability to work her asymmetric advantages/disadvantages is greatly aided by the MM mix.  She starts with a net negative asymmetry.  The trick is to push that into the positive based on the variances given you in a 12/12 Random match. 

This is why she will not do well in ranked or clan battles.   Those matches are not big enough.  Don't have the variance needed to work her.  Not big enough to overcome her starting net negative asymmetry.  And for clan battles, it's even worse as good clan players know how to exploit her negatives so it spirals from bad to worse.  This is why many very good players see her as being crap.  With regard to ranked and clan, that is a correct assessment.

But for those willing to figure her out in 12/12 Random, she is a lot better than her raw ship stats suggest.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[FTY]
Members
208 posts
8,005 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

I really am having fun in the California, not really sure why. I guess that 12 gun salute gets me all worked up!

Also the reds completely underestimate the California and I’m ok with that!

Edit:

As a prime example, this morning in a match, I had a Tirpitz at 10~12k, giving broadside completely ignoring me, so I gave him/her the beautiful American 12 gun salute and took 20k off.

Shortly thereafter it sank beneath the waves!

Edited by CptRemy

[GRETA]
Members
1,433 posts
10,883 battles
1 minute ago, CptRemy said:

I really am having fun in the California, not really sure why. I guess that 12 gun salute gets me all worked up!

Also the reds completely underestimate the California and I’m ok with that!

People don't see her as a threat and as such she is a low priority target.   Being left alone is a beautiful thing sometimes. 

• Cool 1

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
135 posts
16,410 battles

I'm a fan of the USN BB line. Yes they are slow and clumsy. But there gun's are effective and if used correctly they can be a game changer. The California is no diff. I rock N roll in mine and regularly do 100k+ in it. same with my W. Virgrnia. Most free tier USN BB's have limitation's that a good captain will be able to deal with. But the line as a whole is solid.

That being said, I'm not liking the new line that is being proposed. It look's like it's almost anti-american ships. 

Sign in to follow this