Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Bargoon of the Year

17 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

I have never played a CV game but have the first two German CVs in my port. I never asked for them.

However, even I am tempted to get this bargain for $49.99. 10 point captains are hard to resist and then look at all the other goodies.

Shiver me timbers, laddie!

:cap_hmm:

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15734/

My hunch is that heads will roll when Mr. WarGaming sees this. It's not the kind of deep discount that he would knowingly offer.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts
3 minutes ago, cheapinkc said:

404 bargain not found. 

That link works for me.

It's a special offer for the ERICH LOEWENHARDT: ADMIRAL PACK normally $62.61.

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

Maybe it is but just look it all them extras!

VI ERICH LOEWENHARDT

COMMANDER WITH 10 SKILL POINTS 

PORT SLOT

IRON CROSS PERMANENT CAMOUFLAGE

COMMEMORATIVE FLAG

CREDITS: 3,500,000

60×EQUAL SPEED CHARLIE LONDON

60×INDIA BRAVO TERRATHREE

60×ZULU

60×PAPA PAPA

60×ZULU HOTEL

BONUS COMBAT MISSION: X3 XP

[46856]
Members
2,040 posts

not a good deal for that ship or the extras but if you want to talk yourself into it who are we to get in the way.

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,241 posts
3 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Maybe it is but just look it all them extras!

VI ERICH LOEWENHARDT

COMMANDER WITH 10 SKILL POINTS 

PORT SLOT

IRON CROSS PERMANENT CAMOUFLAGE

COMMEMORATIVE FLAG

CREDITS: 3,500,000

60×EQUAL SPEED CHARLIE LONDON

60×INDIA BRAVO TERRATHREE

60×ZULU

60×PAPA PAPA

60×ZULU HOTEL

BONUS COMBAT MISSION: X3 XP

That's perfectly normal pricing and items for a T6 bundle.  There isn't anything special about it.

I bought just the ship though at $25.  Nice T6 CV for the money.  It's kinda like a mini GZ with good (but not as good) secondaries, but with HE bombs and AP rockets.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
45 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I'd buy a Cossack for $.99. Got a link?

You could get 48 of the 50 tokens needed to get the ship during the event by completing missions, or buy tokens at $1 a piece I think it was.  Each account could get 10 tokens for $1 once, and then cash in any extras for credits at the end.  So those who built up at least 40 tokens could get Cossack for $1, and then some number of credits based on how many extra tokens they earned (between 41 and 48). 

The $1 Cossack is still IMO the one of the single best possible investments anyone could have made in their enjoyment of this game since it went live. 

[WOLF6]
Members
474 posts
3,717 battles
4 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

My hunch is that heads will roll when Mr. WarGaming sees this. It's not the kind of deep discount that he would knowingly offer.

So you think paying 2x base price for a ship plus a bunch of fluff is a bargain?

You are either better at trolling than I gave you credit for, or you are WG's ideal customer.

Either way, congrats.

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

I'm thinking about long it would take me to get a 0 captain up to 10 pts and what my time is worth. I have a shortage of 10+ captain in some fleets.

A while back I bought the Graf Spee for $9.99 to get her 10 pt captain. I played the ship a few times, hated it, and sold it. Kept the captain.

The base ship without any of the above listed extras is worth diddly squat to me since I don't play CVs.

Plus those flags must be worth ten or more bucks.

[WOLF6]
Members
474 posts
3,717 battles
28 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I'm thinking about long it would take me to get a 0 captain up to 10 pts and what my time is worth. I have a shortage of 10+ captain in some fleets.

A while back I bought the Graf Spee for $9.99 to get her 10 pt captain. I played the ship a few times, hated it, and sold it. Kept the captain.

The base ship without any of the above listed extras is worth diddly squat to me since I don't play CVs.

Plus those flags must be worth ten or more bucks.

A 10pt captain might be worth $10 if you don't have any 19 pointers.

If you have one or more maxed out captains, just play them on your high tier ship(s) to gain elite commander xp.  It's only 183k captain XP to raise a zero to ten.  It's another 1.5+ mil to get from 10 to 19.

[TDRB]
Members
5,320 posts
13,743 battles
12 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I have never played a CV game but have the first two German CVs in my port. I never asked for them.

However, even I am tempted to get this bargain for $49.99. 10 point captains are hard to resist and then look at all the other goodies.

Shiver me timbers, laddie!

:cap_hmm:

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15734/

Like beauty, bargains are in the eye of the beholder. If you do buy I hope you enjoy it.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this