Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FrancisVonBismarck

Need help finding a track in the OST

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
34 posts
4,543 battles

I've been looking for a specific track in the entire OST, but I just can't find it.

The only hint that I can think of is that it has some sonar soundeffects mixed in.

I've spent like 3 hours over the 160+ tracks and still no luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,230
[SALVO]
Members
8,176 posts
6,059 battles
32 minutes ago, FrancisVonBismarck said:

I've been looking for a specific track in the entire OST, but I just can't find it.

The only hint that I can think of is that it has some sonar soundeffects mixed in.

I've spent like 3 hours over the 160+ tracks and still no luck.

What I would do is play the game until I happen to get a match with the said track. Then will post the replay here and ask Hapa or any of the WG guys for the track's name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
34 posts
4,543 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

What I would do is play the game until I happen to get a match with the said track. Then will post the replay here and ask Hapa or any of the WG guys for the track's name

Sure It'd take a while, but I'll do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
34 posts
4,543 battles
On 8/11/2020 at 6:45 PM, ArIskandir said:

What I would do is play the game until I happen to get a match with the said track. Then will post the replay here and ask Hapa or any of the WG guys for the track's name

It took a few days of playing but finally got it recorded.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,230
[SALVO]
Members
8,176 posts
6,059 battles
48 minutes ago, FrancisVonBismarck said:

It took a few days of playing but finally got it recorded.

 

Hi @Hapa_Fodder can you help OP to identify the name of this track?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,462
[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,607 battles

Oh god, I wouldn't even know where to begin to do a proper search, as far I as I know, the only way would be to go one by one, since you are looking for a specific one...

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,230
[SALVO]
Members
8,176 posts
6,059 battles
1 minute ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Oh god, I wouldn't even know where to begin to do a proper search, as far I as I know, the only way would be to go one by one, since you are looking for a specific one...

-Hapa

Ooops ... I guess there is no "soundtrack guy" to ask about... sorry OP.

Backup plan: Back to playing the OST until you find the song... :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,260
[UNHLY]
Members
5,030 posts
14,137 battles
Just now, ArIskandir said:

Ooops ... I guess there is no "soundtrack guy" to ask about... sorry OP.

Backup plan: Back to playing the OST until you find the song... :Smile_sad:

The closest would be the music team in the St. Petersburg studio, but then you have the language barrier, busy work schedules, and on top of that with so many tracks in game it would be difficult to identify one specific track unless you get the composer and he/she can tell you which one it is. If the replay file stores some record of which music files the game and engine are pulling to play, they might be able to go into the WWise project and identify the track that way, but the few times I’ve paid attention to the specific audio tracks in recorded replays of mine, I don’t think it always matches up.

In other words, the best/only way is to play the entire OST until you find it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,230
[SALVO]
Members
8,176 posts
6,059 battles
1 minute ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

The closest would be the music team in the St. Petersburg studio, but then you have the language barrier, busy work schedules, and on top of that with so many tracks in game it would be difficult to identify one specific track unless you get the composer and he/she can tell you which one it is. If the replay file stores some record of which music files the game and engine are pulling to play, they might be able to go into the WWise project and identify the track that way, but the few times I’ve paid attention to the specific audio tracks in recorded replays of mine, I don’t think it always matches up.

In other words, the best/only way is to play the entire OST until you find it. 

The OP posted a clip and has a replay with track in question, if it helps 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
420
[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,602 posts
23,062 battles

not sure if it helps, but there is an app called Shazam that identifies tracks and players, if it's in their database

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,260
[UNHLY]
Members
5,030 posts
14,137 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

The OP posted a clip and has a replay with track in question, if it helps 

I meant the actual replay file for that game that the client generates. The video was taken during the game since the ping is changing instead of being a constant -35. @FrancisVonBismarck Any chance you have the replay for that game to post as well, and I (or someone else) could compare it to the video? Or if you’d rather record it yourself from the replay and post it, that way your audio and music settings are the same.

 

Edit: In fact, if you’re okay with it I’d say record it from the replay and post the actual replay, so if they all match we know the music is logged in the replay and it’s not just a lucky coincidence. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,274 posts
8,130 battles

@FrancisVonBismarck I think I found the tracks you were looking for.

Anytime you need to find a WoWs music track, lookup HELLCAT.28 on youtube, he's pretty much compiled all the OSTs from the game.

 

Edit: Extended versions:

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
34 posts
4,543 battles
3 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

@FrancisVonBismarck I think I found the tracks you were looking for.

Anytime you need to find a WoWs music track, lookup HELLCAT.28 on youtube, he's pretty much compiled all the OSTs from the game.

 

HOLY MOLY THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

I've been exploring the soundcloud of WoWs for 3 days now and haven't been succesful.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,324
[FRR]
Members
968 posts
10 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

@FrancisVonBismarck I think I found the tracks you were looking for.

Anytime you need to find a WoWs music track, lookup HELLCAT.28 on youtube, he's pretty much compiled all the OSTs from the game.

 

Edit: Extended versions:

  Hide contents

 

 

Thank you so much! 

Right now there two tracks that I really like: this one, and the one that plays each time we return to port after a victory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
34 posts
4,543 battles
15 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

@FrancisVonBismarck I think I found the tracks you were looking for.

Anytime you need to find a WoWs music track, lookup HELLCAT.28 on youtube, he's pretty much compiled all the OSTs from the game.

 

Edit: Extended versions:

  Hide contents

 

 

Cool that you also posted the extended too. It'd be great if someone mixed all tracks in one though, kind of how Simon Viklund did with Payday 2's soundtrack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×