You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FiXXXerX

I just can't stop...

9 comments in this topic

[PUMA]
Members
12 posts
2,812 battles

Playing DD's and CL's like BB's.... I've played mostly BB's since I started playing the game a few months ago, and as I've started to branch out I've had some hilarious fails. Though, last night was one of the best.

I unlocked Leander on my way to Fiji, and decided to take it out and see how it worked. I swear to god, no sooner than I said 'Good luck everyone!' I pulled forward, found myself out of position and then in ONE barrage was foundered. It was so fast I laughed out loud, and then reflected on how crapI was.

Anyway, it was a bad first outing, but, I gradually started to get the hang of it as the night went on. Suffice it to say, I'm used to being able to take a few hits :cap_viking:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,343 posts

Yeah, you're going to run into a very rude awakening if you play DD/cruisers like BBs.  You need to do this when taking fire in these ships...

giphy.gif

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,878 posts
22,441 battles

Yeah, that's a pretty big shift. The British CLs in particular are actually the most fragile line in the game, having citadels like a cruiser but armor closer to a destroyer.

Smoke is their primary defense in most cases, but really advanced players can dodge effectively using their special acceleration properties as well.

• Cool 1

[DOG]
Members
1,300 posts
13,505 battles
43 minutes ago, FiXXXerX said:

Playing DD's and CL's like BB's.... I've played mostly BB's since I started playing the game a few months ago, and as I've started to branch out I've had some hilarious fails. Though, last night was one of the best.

I unlocked Leander on my way to Fiji, and decided to take it out and see how it worked. I swear to god, no sooner than I said 'Good luck everyone!' I pulled forward, found myself out of position and then in ONE barrage was foundered. It was so fast I laughed out loud, and then reflected on how crapI was.

Anyway, it was a bad first outing, but, I gradually started to get the hang of it as the night went on. Suffice it to say, I'm used to being able to take a few hits :cap_viking:

I kind of did the opposite when I started playing.  I started in cruisers, and then played mostly DDs for the first year.  This is because the first BB I tried was Kawachi, and after 2-3 games, I decided grinding BBs would just be too painful.  So by the time I finally started playing BBs I had developed some bad habits, mostly involving deploying too far forward and not noticing  until it was too late that the rest of the team on my side of the map evaporated, either by being sunk or retreating.  It's like some Laurel and Hardy movie where they join the French Foreign Legion and the CO asks for two volunteers to step forward, and they're not paying attention as the rest of the troops take a step backward.

Members
4,679 posts
45,494 battles
30 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Yeah, you're going to run into a very rude awakening if you play DD/cruisers like BBs.  You need to do this when taking fire in these ships...

giphy.gif

Oh yeah, that is me almost every match. Technically, I should be in heaven, Valhalla, and battling evil in another universe.

I must be immortal or something...*covers eyes from sun 🌞

🦇

• Funny 1

[PUMA]
Members
12 posts
2,812 battles
42 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

giphy.gif

Hah! I'm still not even in the mindset that my ship can even move that fast! >.<

And yeah, it was VERY rude. Like, it should absolutely apologize.

[PUMA]
Members
12 posts
2,812 battles
24 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

I kind of did the opposite when I started playing.  I started in cruisers, and then played mostly DDs for the first year.  This is because the first BB I tried was Kawachi, and after 2-3 games, I decided grinding BBs would just be too painful.  So by the time I finally started playing BBs I had developed some bad habits, mostly involving deploying too far forward and not noticing  until it was too late that the rest of the team on my side of the map evaporated, either by being sunk or retreating.  It's like some Laurel and Hardy movie where they join the French Foreign Legion and the CO asks for two volunteers to step forward, and they're not paying attention as the rest of the troops take a step backward.

LoL ... I have a similar issue in overextending, but I think it's primarily because my BB's are usually so slow, that I don't normally have to worry about accidentally finding myself in the enemy spawn. So by the time I've set speed and started doing everything else I'm usually like 'Holy crap, how did I get here.... RUN AWAYYYYY /buttpuckers'. The other part is that usually I'm happy to tank a few hits to end someone, but, you just can't in any way do that (obviously) with the DD's and CL's, but there's zero time for me to remember that usually, I just explode. :cap_wander:

[PUMA]
Members
12 posts
2,812 battles
38 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Yeah, that's a pretty big shift. The British CLs in particular are actually the most fragile line in the game, having citadels like a cruiser but armor closer to a destroyer.

Smoke is their primary defense in most cases, but really advanced players can dodge effectively using their special acceleration properties as well.

I'm learning the fragile part pretty quickly, even my Cleveland could take a few more hits, not that I was any good with it either.

[CRF]
Members
1,031 posts
9,213 battles

Nothing like going out to battle, looking up as you see you are being targeted by 4 red ships, then 5 , then 6 and starting to twist and dodge and getting a BB shell that takes 80% of your health...but I still love the RN CA's....

• Funny 1