You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Allow the F3 target for any part of the enemy ship

10 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,829 posts
21,526 battles

Can we allow the F3 for targeting an enemy ship go off on any portion of an enemy ship? Why does it always have to be the middle of the ship? This is getting annoying repeatedly pressing the F3 over and over with no results. Sometimes this result reflects many times in chat going off when it does happens. I really don't want people to think I am a ping spammer because of the game mechanics. I just want one ping only.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,786 posts
21,696 battles

Something something buckaroo.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,829 posts
21,526 battles
42 minutes ago, Lert said:

:Smile_veryhappy:

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,838 battles
53 minutes ago, Lert said:

YIPPIE EYE OH KAI AYE (BUCKEROO!)

Alternately, there is this:

Like a '57 Chevy; just CLASSIC!

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,404 posts

The game is rather simple in ship construct.

You get a big box, then render a bunch of pretty things for that box. Assign a few dots for important things like the crows nest for spotting and a dot for the center of your ship. Layer cake with citadel armor etc if any.

Toss in some modules for dressing and frill out with weapons.

This is not a true sim. There is nothing to target. I think it would be easier if you were not to worry so much about the details on what is essentially crayon colored boxes going around in a computer game.

You will find that Human Nature in war does not care for thos spot or that spot. What you want is a application of massive ordnance right now. If someone is still erm'ing and dawdling on minor details about targeting a enemy ship that is 200 yards and closing is not busy enough. Shoot him.

Edited by xHeavy

0 posts

Yeah. I get tired of pinging, "Defend that area" like three times when I'm trying to get my team to focus a capping DD. 

[BELCH]
Members
73 posts
36,748 battles

After one or two F3 key misses, I switch to the B key to get the confirmation on the popup menu at 12 o'clock.

[WOLFG]
Members
33,617 posts
10,438 battles
4 hours ago, xHeavy said:

The game is rather simple in ship construct.

You get a big box, then render a bunch of pretty things for that box. Assign a few dots for important things like the crows nest for spotting and a dot for the center of your ship. Layer cake with citadel armor etc if any.

Toss in some modules for dressing and frill out with weapons.

This is not a true sim. There is nothing to target. I think it would be easier if you were not to worry so much about the details on what is essentially crayon colored boxes going around in a computer game.

You will find that Human Nature in war does not care for thos spot or that spot. What you want is a application of massive ordnance right now. If someone is still erm'ing and dawdling on minor details about targeting a enemy ship that is 200 yards and closing is not busy enough. Shoot him.

I think the OP is talking not about actually targeting specific parts of the ship, but having to click a specific part of the ship to make it the target of a focus fire request.

I run into the same thing. I try to ctrl-click a DD, so that when it gets closer, my MFCS secondaries will fire right away. Problem is, I often have to click several times to find the right spot to get it to register, and this is during combat. Not to mention that the DD often disappears before I can click the 3rd or 4th time.

IMO, ships need a bigger "box", that serves no other purpose than to register being selected.

• Cool 2

[NSEW]
Members
2,477 posts
12,063 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

I run into the same thing. I try to ctrl-click a DD, so that when it gets closer, my MFCS secondaries will fire right away. Problem is, I often have to click several times to find the right spot to get it to register, and this is during combat. Not to mention that the DD often disappears before I can click the 3rd or 4th time.

This is undoubtedly one of the annoying 'features' of the game, in the heat of battle.

[-IA-]
Beta Testers
194 posts
5,641 battles

What I've noticed is that there are two spots to target. The actual ship or their icon/name above the ship. Neither appear to be easier to click on.

I agree the area needs to be made larger.