Sign in to follow this  
Herr_Reitz

Two Things To Change Please

7 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

Two things but could be one. 

First - the flak in this game. The amount of graphics generated by the heavy AAA/flak is really excessive. I run an i7 MSI gaming laptop which is more than able to deal with the graphics. I think the issue is on "your side". 

Perhaps the servers can't keep up with the amount of data needed to fulfill the graphics related to flak/AAA?  I've noticed when the AAA gets heavy, the game starts stuttering, skipping. It's not fun as a carrier. 

And really, all you CV haters, when you best us in a match, you want a fair match, don't you? Can't lay claim to any stern whoopin' if the game's half the battle.

Second, along this same subject, flak/AAA. I'm not sure which is the black puffy clouds, but I'd think it was flak. Whatever it is, it completely obscures my vision. Completely. Totally. You got to "guess" when to pickle the ordnance and of course when you do, the game staggers like a drunk. Of course, the RETICULE IS TOO DARK TO SEE among all this wonderful flak/AAA so it's a double whammy. 

If you can't fix this, can you tell me exactly how I can turn it off, turn it down or can someone make a mod that removes 75 percent of it? 

If fellow players know how to turn this junk off, please to share? :fish_cute_2:

tia fyc

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[M-M]
Members
1 post
5,988 battles

The German bombers are very difficult to use (maybe it's me) but there is no aiming reticule until you are waaaay past the target so guessing is necessary.

[DRHS]
Members
433 posts
20,701 battles

Totally Agree with you Herr_Reitz, as far as the bombers go Admroger, you have to adjust your view down when you get to about 4km from your fat juicy BB bomber target. attack just shy of his bow by the time your reticule turns green it should be in the perfect position to Drop. If you not boosting Drop on first turret, if boosted drop right on the nose, Citadel city will ensue.

[BAWK]
Members
152 posts
9,688 battles
On 8/13/2020 at 5:08 PM, Admroger said:

The German bombers are very difficult to use (maybe it's me) but there is no aiming reticule until you are waaaay past the target so guessing is necessary.

When you are approaching your target; move the camera so you are looking straight down and fly the reticle onto the target (offset for ship's movement, of course) and ignore the planes themselves. You can't watch both of them at once. :)

[-REI-]
WoWS Community Contributors
52 posts
5,130 battles

After a while, you just get a feel of where the reticle is at. Just takes some time. I had an extremely difficult time adapting to it but nowadays I rarely look down. Only time I can say that I look down at my reticle is when I'm pre-dropping to make sure I'm not dropping on any teammates :cap_book: But yeah it is a bit wonky and awkward at first

Edited by ReimuBakarei

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

Whilst I am still an average Joe, good team draws and @ReimuBakarei videos have improved my lot in the GZ. My focus is to maintain her above 50% while bumping up the XP and DR ratings. 

image.thumb.png.9e2f747dbe77867db901ec551157bb80.png

Sixty is a happy number. :cap_haloween:

Thanks again for those videos, @ReimuBakarei

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this