You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Planes shot down

35 comments in this topic

[-VT-]
Members
1,257 posts
29,865 battles

Recently I was in one of those lovely 2 CV game, now we lost but in the process I shot down 100 planes(yeah CV don't have unlimited  planes LOL). Anybody else got any big number of planes kill they would like to share?

It was in a random, I was in a Mass. One of the CVs was a Graf the other was IJN I believe.

Edited by vikingno2
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
6,358 posts
7,145 battles

75 in Kidd, versus two tier VI CVs. Needless to say they weren't thrilled.

Got another one with 71 versus Enterprise, but it was basically fighter consumable after fighter consumable.

[-VT-]
Members
1,257 posts
29,865 battles

unknown.png?width=1204&height=677

I would have to dig it up is the screen shot ok.

Edited by vikingno2
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[VFW]
Members
1,503 posts
31,838 battles

From your score screen (good job), I think the problem was your team, not the CVs.  

vr, 

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,444 battles
9 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

he problem was your team, not the CVs.  

He wasn't complaining about the loss or his team. The fact that he had to deal with that many planes is, however, a real problem, especially when the CV defenders gripe about how they don't have unlimited planes. Other ships with lesser AA capabilities than the Massachusetts get straight up murdered by such swarms in these ridiculous 2 CV per side games. 

This really shows how ineffective AA actually is as a deterrent to sky cancer attacks.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[SHPFC]
Members
285 posts
9,445 battles
27 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

I would have to dig it up is the screen shot ok

RE-PLAY. You say 2 CV's 100 planes good job. I wanna see how many where fighters and spotters as well.

Frosty

Edited by KAAOS_Frosty
clerical

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,484 posts
6,352 battles
58 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Recently I was in one of those lovely 2 CV game, now we lost but in the process I shot down 100 planes(yeah CV don't have unlimited  planes LOL). Anybody else got any big number of planes kill they would like to share?

It was in a random, I was in a Mass. One of the CVs was a Graf the other was IJN I believe.

100 planes between two CVs, likely including a number of disposable fighters and/or spotters, in no way suggests that CV plane reserves are massively out of whack.  Sorry.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[-VT-]
Members
1,257 posts
29,865 battles

The reply is gone already, my folder only keeps so many game and I played allot then we had clan battles too. It wasn't hardly any fighters, it was  mainly, bombers and rocket planes.  We where why behind and made a bit of a comeback they didn't need fighters. The rocket planes were hardly doing anything to me.  Why would they drop fighters over me they already knew were I was?

As far a spotters go don't really remember to many but there was some many planes in the at coming at me hard to tell.

The both focused me for the last half of the match, I was really saying anything is broken but was hoping to see others big plane shoot down games. 

[WOLFG]
Members
33,523 posts
10,430 battles
45 minutes ago, legozer said:

This really shows how ineffective AA actually is as a deterrent to sky cancer attacks.

No measure is an effective deterrent to any sort of attack, if the attacker doesn't care about the consequences. Not caring about the consequences could mean a lack of them, or just...... not caring.

Just as surface ships are different from CVs, so is what constitutes YOLO gameplay.

Good AA is a deterrent for me, because if it costs me 6 planes to make a strike on a particular ship, and I get down to half squadrons, unless he gets his AA stripped, he's effectively immune to my attacks at that point, because I don't have a flying "reserve" to soak hits.

That's possibly why so many planes were shot down, the CVs got their squadron size whittled down to the point where they were just feeding small numbers of planes at a time to AA.

Keeping effective squadrons flying isn't really a matter of how many planes you lose, but how soon you lose them. If I lose 50 planes at a steady rate over the entire match, I can still field effective squadrons. If I lose 50 planes in the first 5-7 minutes, I'm pretty much relegated to spotting, or fishing for 3-digit HP ships by themselves.

A lot of CV players are better than me, but I'll bet the 2 the OP faced aren't.

[BONKS]
Members
2,843 posts
52 battles

Amount of planes shot down is a completely worthless metric. 
Case and point:

oPLC89e.png

[BOMBL]
Members
1,233 posts
16,501 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

No Kraken?  Carry harder! Do you expect your team to kill and support?

[PVE]
Members
8,497 posts
24,554 battles
1 hour ago, KAAOS_Frosty said:

RE-PLAY. You say 2 CV's 100 planes good job. I wanna see how many where fighters and spotters as well.

Frosty

Don't need a replay for that...do you really need to watch a whole replay for something a simple screen shot will show?

2 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

Just show the other post battle screen that shows which ones you killed (on the "detailed report" screen)...if you have this post battle screen you posted you have the other 1 too.

PS: If you haven't quit out since then.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[VFW]
Members
1,503 posts
31,838 battles
1 hour ago, legozer said:

He wasn't complaining about the loss or his team. The fact that he had to deal with that many planes is, however, a real problem, especially when the CV defenders gripe about how they don't have unlimited planes. Other ships with lesser AA capabilities than the Massachusetts get straight up murdered by such swarms in these ridiculous 2 CV per side games. 

Legozer,

Yes, understood his post but was commenting on his good play, which in the end didn't matter due to his team (most likely).

But on the subject of AA as "ineffective"....wholly untrue.  Also on "unlimited planes" again very  untrue.  What you don't know is how many were "dropped fighters, other ship's planes, or true CV attack aircraft). 

I play all ships and yes, even CVs.  I agree having 2xCVs in a match is not good (in his game I know one was a T8, but not the other).  I've been in these types of matches (usually a T8&T6 CV) and good use of AA always helps.  I consider myself a competent CV player and I've had my planes stripped down to only a few in the match.  Sometime you get the better of the CV, sometime the CV gets you (which is no different from any other type of ship).

vr, 

• Funny 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,257 posts
29,865 battles
15 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

Legozer,

Yes, understood his post but was commenting on his good play, which in the end didn't matter due to his team (most likely).

But on the subject of AA as "ineffective"....wholly untrue.  Also on "unlimited planes" again very  untrue.  What you don't know is how many were "dropped fighters, other ship's planes, or true CV attack aircraft). 

I play all ships and yes, even CVs.  I agree having 2xCVs in a match is not good (in his game I know one was a T8, but not the other).  I've been in these types of matches (usually a T8&T6 CV) and good use of AA always helps.  I consider myself a competent CV player and I've had my planes stripped down to only a few in the match.  Sometime you get the better of the CV, sometime the CV gets you (which is no different from any other type of ship).

vr, 

Actually no, I was just amazed at how many I got and want to see if others have done similar things that's all.  There planes always regenerate, so with in the time limit I feel unlimited is a good description.

Wish the team would have won but we didn't. There weren't many fighters I do remember that.

The other was as 6 I believe

Edited by vikingno2

[-VT-]
Members
1,257 posts
29,865 battles
1 minute ago, epojokke said:

shot-20_07.04_22_44.57-0529.thumb.jpg.1560b214ffc413731228ffa835a1aa83.jpg

I got 107 shot down in a clan battle.

wow that's really cool, even better in clan battles

[SHPFC]
Members
285 posts
9,445 battles
2 hours ago, Spyde said:

1 CV - Enterprise. In Ranked - I was in Alabama.

How many where fighters

Frosty

[SHPFC]
Members
285 posts
9,445 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

There weren't many fighters I do remember that

Replay Replay Replay. 

Frosty

• Boring 2

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,606 posts
13,182 battles
3 hours ago, Helstrem said:

100 planes between two CVs, likely including a number of disposable fighters and/or spotters, in no way suggests that CV plane reserves are massively out of whack.  Sorry.

If that was a Graf Zeppelin and a Kaga, between the two of them, losing 100 planes would be normal, especially with Kaga and her tendency to litter the battlefield with fragile burning aircraft and still be able to make attacks.

[-VT-]
Members
1,257 posts
29,865 battles
11 minutes ago, KAAOS_Frosty said:

Replay Replay Replay. 

Frosty

Dammit man why would I freaking make it up I already said the reply is gone they only save so many. I mean really wth is wrong with you

Edited by vikingno2

[-VT-]
Members
1,257 posts
29,865 battles
13 minutes ago, ithekro said:

Yes, but did anyone else shoot anything down?

Yes one the other BBs got 41 but the rest of the team didn't get that many

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,484 posts
6,352 battles
4 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Dammit man why would I freaking make it up I already said the reply is gone they only save so many. I mean really wth is wrong with you

They aren’t saying you made it up.  They are questioning how many of the 100 were strike planes, which count against the hangar capacity of the CVS, and how many were fighters and spotters, which don’t count against the CV’s hangar capacity.