You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LancasterOne

Do well in CV = INSTANT Neg-Karma

92 comments in this topic

[BLAZE]
Beta Testers
201 posts
5,497 battles

Neg karma in CV equals good karma. 
Bad is good. 
The badder the bad, the gooder the good. 

win in CV REPORT.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 12
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 3

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,332 posts
23,690 battles

Ehhh, there are always a few of those out there.  Overall your karma goes up with good play though period.  

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,027 posts
13,128 battles

Karma is an arbitrary number subject to the wills and whims of its player base. The most recent FOTM has usually been CVs. Though the same could be said about a CV with 10% WR being reported for playing poorly.

[BONKS]
Members
2,850 posts
52 battles

If you are a SU CV player you actually gain a truckload of karma in my experience.
Because while most players do seem to despise carriers, they actually like being carried. Literally.

Source:
t3jd6GW.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[SOFOP]
Members
2,482 posts
15,326 battles
33 minutes ago, LancasterOne said:

Bad is good. 

win in CV REPORT.png

Sadly if you play CV correctly, its so annoying to the other team that they will likely report you.  You also get those folks who blame the player for simply playing CVs (and to a lesser extent, ships like Colbert, Smolensk get this too) and will report no matter what.

• Cool 2
  • Sad 1

Members
601 posts
17,640 battles
12 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

If you are a SU CV player you actually gain a truckload of karma in my experience.
Because while most players do seem to despise carriers, they actually like being carried. Literally.

Source:
t3jd6GW.png

Mine isn’t that good, but my experience is the same. Kick some [edited], provide some occasional spotting or air cover, don’t be an [edited] and comps are reliable.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,482 posts
15,326 battles
12 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Ha Ha Ha Ha...nice photoshop!

If you look at that dudes stats, that's probably pretty close to accurate.  Probably not all related to CV play of course but..

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,674 posts
22,551 battles
Just now, Old_Baldy_One said:

If you look at that dudes stats, that's probably pretty close to accurate.  Probably not all related to CV play of course but..

Yup can't have that kind of Karma with 33 games.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,482 posts
15,326 battles
1 minute ago, SgtSpud said:

Yup can't have that kind of Karma with 33 games.

Maybe you have signatures disabled, so let me help you out for a second:

This is his EU account:  https://wows-numbers.com/player/526953200,El2aZeR/

In general, its safe to assume that if the person talking seems to have a clue but their games played doesn't seem to match, its probably because their forum account is pulling the wrong server info (which is the case here)

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles
57 minutes ago, LancasterOne said:

Bad is good. 

win in CV REPORT.png

Oh yeah, getting reported after a great CV game is the highest of compliments.   I always assume its the DD I focused for the first 4 minutes of the game.

• Funny 2

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,674 posts
22,551 battles
1 minute ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Are....are you for real?  Maybe you have signatures disabled, so let me help you out for a second:

Yeah i was looking at his NA account, I tend to forget about EU players posting here on the NA forums...my bad.

Still with over 8,000 games in a CV hard to believe one can have a Karma like that unless your name is Femmenenly or top tier.

0 posts

Wait til you get chat banned in port after a game for playing CV. If you keep up getting the -2 for playing CV it takes about 3-4 of those to get banned. You dont even have to trigger it in the match now. If you said anything at all during the match it will ban you in port instead. WG always finding new ways to innovate. 

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,674 posts
22,551 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Gee, it's almost as if some people don't like CV's in random....:Smile_trollface:

Nah....part of the game, I play CV as well as all other types and I do understand the negativity. As a DD I have been focused by CVs and it makes for a difficult time...same as being radared 5 times a battle is difficult to deal with. 

As a CV driver I've received both positive karma and neg karma in the same battle. Same holds true when driving a DD.

reported2.JPG

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,813 posts
12,810 battles

DDs get the rep too.  Man, we work hard and never receive compliments. 

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

I comp the good players and neg the bot-like baddies,the afks and the throwers. Doesn't matter what ship type. I really appreciate a good CV driver.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
6,352 posts
6,951 battles

I get reported every time I play my CV. I've almost stopped interacting in chat because I get regular chat bans. 

4b13nu.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
6,352 posts
6,951 battles

Every-god-darn-match

4b1488.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Boring 2

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,444 battles
5 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Wait til you get chat banned in port after a game for playing CV. If you keep up getting the -2 for playing CV it takes about 3-4 of those to get banned. You dont even have to trigger it in the match now. If you said anything at all during the match it will ban you in port instead. WG always finding new ways to innovate. 

So, they aren't banning the cv complainers, but the cv players instead? Hilarious. 

• Thanks 1

[SALVO]
6,352 posts
6,951 battles
5 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Can confirm. 

[FML]
Members
4,163 posts
16,121 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Source:
t3jd6GW.png

Yikes! I thought I was doing well with some 850-ish Karma and you’ve got well over 2k. I really need to get better at carrying!!

[ARGSY]
Members
2,015 posts
6,221 battles
5 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

Oh yeah, getting reported after a great CV game is the highest of compliments.   I always assume its the DD I focused for the first 4 minutes of the game.

Amen! Remember when Karma goes down the tasty Salt-o-meter goes up! Neg Karma should reward steel....

• Boring 1