You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shinytrashcan

Ships that are just cursed for you?

23 comments in this topic

[TIMT]
Members
1,736 posts
5,623 battles

Has anyone noted something similar to some ships just being cursed for you? Don't get me wrong, I don't mean ships that you can't get to work or that you don't click with, but ships you do otherwise ok in but you just don't have luck at all.

For me this is Gearing. I currently hover at 48% winrate with 50+ games in her, avg. damage is also nothing special but not total garbage. However, I can't get any 'better' in this ship I lose game after game, even those where I do decent damage and win a flank the other flank just disappears. By comparison, in Jutland and Daring I have both more games and I am way higher in win rate, but not so much in damage. I just don't get it, after 51 games bad luck should start to average, shouldn't it? Or am I just really bad in Gearing but not similar DDs?

Most of my games in Gearing just end like this one:

shot-20_08.09_17.36_08-0078.thumb.jpg.a1d0de607e4488c32f6c1be5b015d70a.jpg

Anyone of you have similar issues with certain ships?

[ICEY]
Members
190 posts
6,670 battles
8 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

Lol my Shiratsuyu. A boat that relies on torpedoes for 99% of her damage, it seems no matter how I launch my torpedoes, I only get a hit or two out of the 16 I launched.

[TIMT]
Members
1,736 posts
5,623 battles

Sorry if this comes over as a bit of a rant, but the thing is not that I can't do damage or anything with it, right now I just had 107k damage and 2 kills again, but my team was completely decimated and we lost the game hard. It just seems no matter how well I do my teams are just throwing the games which is frustrating AF. I don't know what I am doing wrong and it pisses me off hard.

Edit: I attached the replay of the last game. Be warned the first few minutes I kinda slept at the helm and it got me in hot water but that worked out. The rest is what annoys me...

20200809_174324_PASD013-Gearing-1945_25_sea_hope.wowsreplay

Edited by shinytrashcan
clarification and file upload

[GWG]
Members
7,601 posts
14,475 battles

Of all the ships to have as 'Cursed'...   Mine is the Gremyashchy....

Puerto Rico is also cursed in my other account.

I simply can't take these boats into Random.

On the grinders:

In one account, the Bogatyr is OP while the T8 Cleveland is a dud.

Other account is the opposite -- Bogatyr is a disappointment  while T8 Cleveland is wonderful.

[UN1]
Members
1,386 posts
4,479 battles

I suck with the republique. I do good damage, but I can't win a game for the life of me.

I hate the Iowa. I did better the second time through (RB) but I still think she's a turd.

I'm trash with the Vladivostok. Odd cause I absolutely steam roll with the Sinop and Soyuz. 

Fuso was the only IJN BB I couldn't get to work. Hated that ship. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,075 posts
19,434 battles

Alaska for me. If anyone can make that ship stink currently it’s me.

I think I must have been in a protected new ship bubble when I first got it. Several good games. I was like YES!!

Now it’s like, I know what the outcome is going to be before entering battle. However, I’m also the games worst cruiser captain hands down.

[TFLT]
Members
296 posts
14,371 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Bingo said:

Lol my Shiratsuyu. A boat that relies on torpedoes for 99% of her damage, it seems no matter how I launch my torpedoes, I only get a hit or two out of the 16 I launched.

Any bote that relies on only torps is pretty gimped in the game today. Torpedoes are a VERY unreliable source of damage. In the past it was much easier to arrive on an enemy's flank and get unexpected torpedoes into them. As time goes on several developments in the game have made that more difficult from Radio Location to just having so much more CV play. That's why you just don't see Shimma around anymore. Especially in any type of competitive play.

For some reason I always had trouble with Shiratsuyu as well. I really hardly ever play it anymore.

[GRETA]
Members
1,430 posts
10,883 battles

Apparently any ship I choose to play while naval battles are on during weekend play right after weegee decided to sell a bunch of T9 ships to people who don't belong in a T5 then through magical MM "randomness" manage to put them on my team nearly every match.

Yep, that ship.

Members
1,429 posts
1,852 battles

HMS Campbeltown, even if I win I tend to die early on. Once I got killed by the same player 2 times in a row.

[META_]
Members
2,282 posts
7,823 battles

Yamato.

If i need to be reminded i'm perfectly capable of being in the wrong place, at the wrong time, with the entire red team shooting at me, forgot for a day or two MM and RNG both hate me, then i take out the Yammie. Even in a Div, just nope. no no no.

Pretty much liked the entire IJN line, including the dreaded and hated Izumo, and was literally giddy the first dozen battles with the Yammie. blat.

OK, time to watch some Yuro, and he was even doing torpedo dodge... nope, i eat them all, and ask for more.

For the really, really stupid questions you never thought to ask, yes, a Khab can bounce a 460. Multiple times in one battle. Yes, before the fire nerf, 3 fires was not enough. No, there is no torp tire on a Yammie. The rudder actually measures 1 cm x 3 cm on the real ship, full size, yet it will cut max speed down to 14 kts if you use it to try to turn before the battle is over. RNG can completely eliminate the Cit on any light cruiser while i'm in the Yammie.

Why? just why?  

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,694 posts
23,782 battles

currently it's the Petra. 24 matches 46% .

Nevsky 20bmatches 55%

Siegfried 30%

Agir 60%

The OP fun ship I can't get a win.

The ships sisters that I don't like, just blonk and I get a win.

[FML]
Members
4,175 posts
16,156 battles
5 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

Absolutely - had it with a few ships actually.  My Queen Elizabeth does 58% more than the server average in damage, yet I can only manage a 47% WR in her.  My Neptune grind was painful - for most of the 200 odd battles it took to grind her, I was doing solidly 20% more than server average in damage, but was around 30-40% in WR; at the end I stopped caring and just rushed in (I wanted to get my first T10, the Minotaur) and found my average damage plummet but my WR go up to an abysmal 46%.  One of the very few UK CLs that I sold (with glee).  I am sure there are many more examples - though tbh, more examples of just ships I hate rather than do OK to well in but get low WR. 

How is your Hatsuharu grind going?

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,586 posts
4,655 battles

Montana more than anything else. No matter how well I do, I cannot win in her. 

27 games played. 37% WR 104k avg damage. .93 avg kills a game. 

[SPNRD]
Members
78 posts

It's the Neptune for me. Although I got progressively better at the ship, and I really enjoyed the entire line grinding up...

well... 

20200728_191313.thumb.jpg.769b72d80f5e090d697079ea2da7694f.jpg

Edited by The_Massacrerer

Members
141 posts
27,360 battles

Hipper

While working through the line, I suffered with this ship. I just could play it well.

After finishing the line. (The German line for the most part is my favorite) I bought the Hipper again. Same results!

Sold her again! She is not for me and I don't know why.

[WOLFG]
Members
216 posts
4,218 battles

For me it seems to be Emerald and Nagato. I could not for the life of me seem to have a good game in Emerald and I was so happy when I got to Leander. I've had some good games in Nagato but lately it seems RNG really hates me because I keep getting on teams that get steamrolled or I end just not being able to do much or both.