Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

I think the end is in sight (for me, anyway)

71 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,746
[YORHA]
Members
5,362 posts
10,521 battles

Unending fire spam. people with 40% win rates dominating tier X, Tier VIII always getting up tiered against tier X ships, stupid new ships being introduced that if you don't buy them you are going to not even have a chance to compete, cartoon ships, anime ships, no improvements to QoL game play issues just milk the customers for everything they can.

Yup... I think I am almost done.  Been a nice 5 years.. well, three of them were.  Before WG decided that the game had peaked and it was time to milk it for all it is worth.

 

  • Cool 25
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12,612 posts
14,320 battles

It’s the increasing overpoweredness of CVs that has me the most concerned with how even the strongest AA builds often will not stop the planes.

Fire Spam it’s been around really since the beginning and we have tools and strategies to deal with that.

Radar can be annoying, but still workable even with how I disapprove of 12km Radar being on tier 8 ships.

Getting uptiered is workable since the XP earners are higher when that happens and have noticed WG is trying to make adjustments. 

Torpedoes even with ships like Kitakami I am ok with since not like we have not always had thick torpedo soup in the water at times over the years.

Cartoon ships you can turn them off if you don’t like the look of them.

New ships are often not that OP these days when you closely examine hem, Odin is great example of that since BBs and DDs in Ranked have been tearing those to shreds, and even some of the CAs shrug of its shall BB caliber shells. Of course some of the RU ships with 50mm bow armor and sizable weapons calibers have been troubling like Sinop was in tier 7 Ranked. 

But really the most glaring problem has been the CVs as I said. 

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 12
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[HOLE]
Members
229 posts
2,364 battles
15 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Unending fire spam. people with 40% win rates dominating tier X, Tier VIII always getting up tiered against tier X ships, stupid new ships being introduced that if you don't buy them you are going to not even have a chance to compete, cartoon ships, anime ships, no improvements to QoL game play issues just milk the customers for everything they can.

Yup... I think I am almost done.  Been a nice 5 years.. well, three of them were.  Before WG decided that the game had peaked and it was time to milk it for all it is worth.

 

The game will level out as most and people will come and leave. Like WOT. It will survive. Its a game and nothing more.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,981
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

Aw, take a break first. Maybe a long break. Uninstall but of course, don't delete your account. I went something like 240 or 280 days, I don't remember, but it was a long, LONG time. 

Take the break, come back around Christmas when all the good, free stuff comes around. Heck, when subs come back out again, you might want to give those a spin too. 

Would hate to see you go permanently, but if you do, all the best. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[HOLE]
Members
229 posts
2,364 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

It’s the increasing overpoweredness of CVs that has me the most concerned with how even the strongest AA builds often will not stop the planes.

Fire Spam it’s been around really since the beginning and we have tools and strategies to deal with that.

Radar can be annoying, but still workable even with how I disapprove of 12km Radar being on tier 8 ships.

Getting uptiered is workable since the XP earners are higher when that happens and have noticed WG is trying to make adjustments. 

Torpedoes even with ships like Kitakami I am ok with since not like we have not always had thick torpedo soup in the water at times over the years.

Cartoon ships you can turn them off if you don’t like the look of them.

New ships are often not that OP these days when you closely examine hem, Odin is great example of that since BBs and DDs in Ranked have been tearing those to shreds, and even some of the CAs shrug of its shall BB caliber shells. Of course some of the RU ships with 50mm bow armor and sizable weapons calibers have been troubling like Sinop was in tier 7 Ranked. 

But really the most glaring problem has been the CVs aa I said. 

Like every other problem you listed and people will overcome will be the same with CV. Some people will adapt and learn and other will pout and go away.

 

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,299
[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

It’s the increasing overpoweredness of CVs that has me the most concerned with how even the strongest AA builds often will not stop the planes.

Fire Spam it’s been around really since the beginning and we have tools and strategies to deal with that.

Radar can be annoying, but still workable even with how I disapprove of 12km Radar being on tier 8 ships.

Getting uptiered is workable since the XP earners are higher when that happens and have noticed WG is trying to make adjustments. 

Torpedoes even with ships like Kitakami I am ok with since not like we have not always had thick torpedo soup in the water at times over the years.

Cartoon ships you can turn them off if you don’t like the look of them.

New ships are often not that OP these days when you closely examine hem, Odin is great example of that since BBs and DDs in Ranked have been tearing those to shreds, and even some of the CAs shrug of its shall BB caliber shells. Of course some of the RU ships with 50mm bow armor and sizable weapons calibers have been troubling like Sinop was in tier 7 Ranked. 

But really the most glaring problem has been the CVs aa I said. 

You don't need to turn everything into an anti-CV thread ya know.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12,612 posts
14,320 battles
Just now, motleytanker said:

Like every other problem you listed and people will overcome will be the same with CV. Some people will adapt and learn and other will pout and go away.

 

Problems run deeper with CVs as Radar has a cool down, any non CV ship attacking you you can often sink since they have to be within weapons range, ect. Aircraft can fly well over 100knts, reach the farthest areas of the map from their ship, can deal often pretty good damage hits, and can do this almost continuously until your sunk. They are able to spot so well it’s hard to set up ambushes or withdraw from engagements safely. And the AA guns are vastly underpowered for the most part while CV Aircraft are progressively becoming more durable and harder hitting.

Last night CV attacks were so bad only way for me to adapt was to close WOWs, turn off my computer, and play some other time when things hopefully would be better. And my ships I arm to the teeth with AA improvements and do my best to evade the drops, but you still tak the hits all too often and the planes are high HP if the CV is smart.

  • Cool 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
323
[ARGSY]
Members
729 posts
11,236 battles

There are some issues with multiple CV games but other than that I don't feel like they are running anything. A bit silly but not ruining it. Players have learned to deal with it. Problem is as you correctly identify is that you need one of the newer ships that have powerful AA and some of the older ships are just not getting played because of that.  Try the Ostergotland or Halland. Fun to play because  the torps are insane and you really don't have to worry about CVs.  There is nothing about this game that is very realistic. Never  has been.. It is a shooter. A fun shooter but a fantasy game anyway you look at it. And they are not wrong for wanting to come up with new ways to generate revenue.  In the past you paid 40 bucks for a computer game and that was it. However, aside from a few early patches the developers moved on when the game stopped generating money. The lucky games ended up in the hands of the community who updated the game and modded it for free. Say what you want. But this game is updated and gets a patch every few months or so-with lots of new content. This would not have happened with the old game model. However, these people are not running a charity. They got to continue making money or the party stops. 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12,612 posts
14,320 battles
2 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

You don't need to turn everything into an anti-CV thread ya know.

People are leaving the game because of those thing and honestly for once I can’t blame them for wanting to leave. AA is proving less and less effective and the CV strike are becoming more damaging.

  • Cool 12
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
247
[-KAK-]
Members
623 posts
13,337 battles
33 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Tier VIII always getting up tiered against tier X ships,

Honestly, I think that most T8s are viable in a T10 game. The weakest, imo would be the cruisers which don't have the heal that T9s and T10s get. 

T7 on the other hand has some major issues fighting T9. 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
382
[V_V_V]
Members
1,064 posts
17,660 battles
35 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Yup... I think I am almost done.  Been a nice 5 years.. well, three of them were.  Before WG decided that the game had peaked and it was time to milk it for all it is worth.

If you're ready to take your ball and go home, OK.  But the dugout still has benchwarmers in it, and the sandlot is still there.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,049
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,309 posts
12,949 battles
38 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Unending fire spam. people with 40% win rates dominating tier X, Tier VIII always getting up tiered against tier X ships, stupid new ships being introduced that if you don't buy them you are going to not even have a chance to compete, cartoon ships, anime ships, no improvements to QoL game play issues just milk the customers for everything they can.

Yup... I think I am almost done.  Been a nice 5 years.. well, three of them were.  Before WG decided that the game had peaked and it was time to milk it for all it is worth.

 

You have to keep in mind that its the middle of ranked and CB season. All those 50-60% players are grinding their axes away with their clans instead of swimming in the main motor pool. Its only natural, that the more dedicated go after better rewards when the lax and the new are coming only to learn what those rewards could/should be for their time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,117
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,164 battles
37 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Take the break, come back around Christmas when all the good, free stuff comes around.

LOL

That doesnt happen anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,396
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,995 battles
45 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

Like every other problem you listed and people will overcome will be the same with CV. Some people will adapt and learn and other will pout and go away.

 

Lol. CVs  in the game since the beginning.  Players have already adapted. The problem is obviously not adapting.

The problem is that when you adapt to crap, it's still crap.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,178
[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,777 posts
37,459 battles

Multiple CVs per side, even at T8 and T6 (yes I've seen both this week).

Subs coming -- a joke - after repeatedly swearing it would never happen.

As a DD main I am not pleased. The dumbing down of the game and the player base is not fun - the reduction of income in Ops is not good either. The powercreep on once fun ships to play is not fun. Then we release Transformers? Seriously WG?

I have a few battles. You see my stats on the icon on the left. I played a lot in 5 years+

For the last month I reduced my play by maybe 60% - Now, the the imminent release of FS2020 (Aug 18), I will reduce my play to just a few a day,

My yoke and throttle console are ready. Today ORBx announced they will port their sceneries to FS2020 (I used to play a lot of FS9-FSX since inception till about 2014). Now I am back there. Will I leave WOWS entirely? Not yet, but with greatly reduced play.

Edited by alexf24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,544
[WKY04]
Members
4,047 posts
25,721 battles
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

Unending fire spam. people with 40% win rates dominating tier X, Tier VIII always getting up tiered against tier X ships, stupid new ships being introduced that if you don't buy them you are going to not even have a chance to compete, cartoon ships, anime ships, no improvements to QoL game play issues just milk the customers for everything they can.

Yup... I think I am almost done.  Been a nice 5 years.. well, three of them were.  Before WG decided that the game had peaked and it was time to milk it for all it is worth.

 

Given enough time, everyone can make it to Tier X. 

I turn off all the weeb/cartoon/monster stuff and everything looks like real warships. 

CVs continue to be the main QOL concern in game, but there have been nerfs and tweaks that are making life more tenable, short of a needed re-rework or AA rework. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
393
[D33P6]
Members
572 posts
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

It’s the increasing overpoweredness of CVs

Increasing?

The AP bomber damage reduction was a buff then?  Every nerf before that was also a buff? Okay, yeah they are increasingly getting OP.

This has to be a joke.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
332
[SNGNS]
Members
610 posts
7,034 battles

its sad to see people go, but as some have said, its a game. most games are played for a few weeks, some are played for a few months, and some are played for a few years. there are exceptionally few games that are played for a few decades. the playerbase will change when old players got better stuff to do, and young ones take their place.

i will echo what some others have said and say that a goodbye does not need to be forever and taking breaks are natural.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,629 posts
45,353 battles
4 minutes ago, HeadSplit120 said:

Increasing?

The AP bomber damage reduction was a buff then?  Every nerf before that was also a buff? Okay, yeah they are increasingly getting OP.

This has to be a joke.

Ikr.

Like stop parking your ships behind an island. A CV can drop AP easy if you are not moving. A 30 knot cruiser in a turn is hard to drop.

So I do CV, but every foray I go in to Randoms, I see at least one cruiser begging and pleading me, a big honking neon sign says, HIT ME STEEL, I DESERVE IT, I SUCK.

So I do. He gets 90 % HP wiped and team finishes him.

Yeah, before AP bomb nerf, he would be dead. Bits of Cruiser strewn for miles smelling of Potatoes and desperation.

Let's face it sit still, get dropped. Every CV player will hit a sitting target easy. That is not even a committee decision. CV players just do it.

Get moving and you always have a chance. Stop using mods that don't help your maneuvering. WASD folks WASD.

Y'all act like this is a rail game.

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,745
[WOLFG]
Members
33,531 posts
10,430 battles
1 hour ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

Honestly, I think that most T8s are viable in a T10 game. The weakest, imo would be the cruisers which don't have the heal that T9s and T10s get. 

T7 on the other hand has some major issues fighting T9. 

 

To be fair, I almost prefer to be the T7. At least the T9s are basically just straight power upgrades. T10 is where you get the really gimmicky stuff.

I played against Kitakamis enough in NavyField. At least there, you could see the torpedo soup coming a long way off, and had time to figure out how to thread your way through it.

Once that thing gets released, I'll be avoiding any tier that can see T10 like the plague. And since I don't need premium time to profit in T7 or lower......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,117
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,164 battles
1 hour ago, HeadSplit120 said:

Increasing?

The AP bomber damage reduction was a buff then?  Every nerf before that was also a buff? Okay, yeah they are increasingly getting OP.

This has to be a joke.

I think he means that the number of skilled CV captains is increasing...

50 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Y'all act like this is a rail game.

Most people still think it is WoT.

A lot only listen to the toxic bait CCs, who continue to preach meta builds and strategies assuming CVs dont exist...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12,612 posts
14,320 battles
1 hour ago, HeadSplit120 said:

Increasing?

The AP bomber damage reduction was a buff then?  Every nerf before that was also a buff? Okay, yeah they are increasingly getting OP.

This has to be a joke.

AP bombers gained more penetration power in exchange so they will be less likely to shatter. I have harmlessly shrugged off enemy enemy AP Bombs to see why they would increase the pen.

AP rockets if hit well enough will do massive damage to CAs, CLs, and maybe some BBs. You may have seen some of the threads of comments circulating about CAs losing 80%+ of their HP in Rocket attacks?

The increases in Aircraft survivability allow Aircraft to better survive AA fire and be able to do more drops in the squadrons they send out. The more successful drops, the more damage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,301
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,409 posts
12,603 battles
2 hours ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

Honestly, I think that most T8s are viable in a T10 game. The weakest, imo would be the cruisers which don't have the heal that T9s and T10s get. 

T7 on the other hand has some major issues fighting T9. 

 

You don't really want to be viable you want to play on equal terms if you can . With that being said tier 8 ships in the hands of a good captain can compete in tier 10 but it can be annoying for us average players .

But I'm not complaining it only bothers me when I am in the mist of a 7 game losing streak and they keep sending me on the weak flank in a tier 8 ship in a tier 10 game .

Edited by clammboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,056
[OIL-1]
Members
1,446 posts
2 hours ago, JCC45 said:

Yup... I think I am almost done.  Been a nice 5 years.. well, three of them were.  Before WG decided that the game had peaked and it was time to milk it for all it is worth.

It's the standard life cycle of a video game. 3 years is actually a good run.

The usual cycle is, 30-90 days before the cool kids leave for the next game.
After 6 months the decent humans are gone and only the toxic players remain.
After 1 year the only players left are the ones who also get left behind by society.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,981
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
1 hour ago, alexf24 said:

Multiple CVs per side, even at T8 and T6 (yes I've seen both this week).

Subs coming -- a joke - after repeatedly swearing it would never happen.

As a DD main I am not pleased. The dumbing down of the game and the player base is not fun - the reduction of income in Ops is not good either. The powercreep on once fun ships to play is not fun. Then we release Transformers? Seriously WG?

I have a few battles. You see my stats on the icon on the left. I played a lot in 5 years+

For the last month I reduced my play by maybe 60% - Now, the the imminent release of FS2020 (Aug 18), I will reduce my play to just a few a day,

My yoke and throttle console are ready. Today ORBx announced they will port their sceneries to FS2020 (I used to play a lot of FS9-FSX since inception till about 2014). Now I am back there. Will I leave WOWS entirely? Not yet, but with greatly reduced play.

WoooOooh... you probably are gonna be a rare bird around here soon, eh? Well have fun!!! Nearly fully immersed... remember to take breaks, drink water and eat. 

:cap_win:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×