Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Meta_Man

Z35 Is she a cursed ship for ranked ? #3

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

816
[META_]
Members
1,831 posts
18,967 battles

Hello captains , this is the third day of evaluation and observations with  play in ranked battles with my new ship the Z35 . She has some inique characteristics just experimenting on different builds and tactics :cap_haloween:to find her niche . If this and my other videos are helpful please subscribe to my Youtube channel Meta_Man2002 enjoy and have a great day.:cap_like:

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,467
[PVE]
Members
11,076 posts
19,204 battles

If Z-35 is cursed you should try the tech tree Z-23, which has done quite well for me in Ranked battles. I really only play ranked after 5 or 6 shots of Cabin Still, so the ship may be even better than my stats suggest. It's either that or I play better drunk than sober. Maybe you can compare the two ships.

image.thumb.png.b5bbe8887395288659dcb78f556adc15.png

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[META_]
Members
1,831 posts
18,967 battles
9 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

If Z-35 is cursed you should try the tech tree Z-23, which has done quite well for me in Ranked battles. I really only play ranked after 5 or 6 shots of Cabin Still, so the ship may be even better than my stats suggest. It's either that or I play better drunk than sober. Maybe you can compare the two ships.

image.thumb.png.b5bbe8887395288659dcb78f556adc15.png

 

 

lol :cap_yes:,I play a few after drinking sometimes myself:cap_rambo:I will be doing a review of her giving her enough time for me to find her quirks . But it is a good idea to do a German dd side by side video also , thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[T-D-M]
Members
127 posts
18,554 battles

Thanks for the video on the Z35

I have one as well, but due to work constraints I will not be able to play it for another two weeks.

 

 Anyways, you asked if “Z35 Is she a cursed ship for ranked ?” well if she cannot mount a detonation signal/other signals in competition for steel and as a final goal of the grind being steel ships. Yes she is gonna be cursed. There are no signals for spotting which she doesn’t seem to be able to do either in your video. The Z35 is able to assist in capturing but can she cap solo? I wonder if she can screen a grievously wounded team mate (Tirpitz?) and combine AA while shepherding said BB to break a enemy cap. I guess I will find out in a couple of weeks.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles

German DDs in general are more difficult to play leading to them easily feeling cursed. And the main things a German DD can do the Loyang , Lightning, and Cossack can do as well if not better. And then you add in other good non hydro wielding DDs like Akizuki and Kidd and you easily can find yourself inadequate.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[META_]
Members
1,831 posts
18,967 battles
2 hours ago, M_113 said:

Thanks for the video on the Z35

I have one as well, but due to work constraints I will not be able to play it for another two weeks.

 

 Anyways, you asked if “Z35 Is she a cursed ship for ranked ?” well if she cannot mount a detonation signal/other signals in competition for steel and as a final goal of the grind being steel ships. Yes she is gonna be cursed. There are no signals for spotting which she doesn’t seem to be able to do either in your video. The Z35 is able to assist in capturing but can she cap solo? I wonder if she can screen a grievously wounded team mate (Tirpitz?) and combine AA while shepherding said BB to break a enemy cap. I guess I will find out in a couple of weeks.

Funny passive aggressive thing you have going there....first off was in the lead of the ships with hydro running and spotting torps and killing the 2 dds..so didn't feel i needed to get out in front any further with both their dds killed by me...so can she open water spot dds,yes but not as well as others. The wounded tirp i wasn't going to get in front to be secondary killed but I didn't think to screen in the game as tirp was open firing at the Bismarck so she would never have went dark..but good question...but other than that the detonation flag got added after 13 games finally getting detonated....maybe some of your questions could be answered in the other videos,its easy to ask if a said ship can carry out certain tasks but the stars don't always align to create that situation. Thanks for the comments and ideas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[META_]
Members
1,831 posts
18,967 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

German DDs in general are more difficult to play leading to them easily feeling cursed. And the main things a German DD can do the Loyang , Lightning, and Cossack can do as well if not better. And then you add in other good non hydro wielding DDs like Akizuki and Kidd and you easily can find yourself inadequate.

I agree on most counts but I definitely like the z35 guns and smokes  better than the loyang..those short burst smokes are nice...against the lighting and the loyang i feel fine against them 1 on 1..as in the better captain will win because the loyang has worse guns and way worse health...against the lighting the Z35 has a lot better health so its a close call......just giving honest opinions but both out spot the z , so if given support the lighting /loyang will win with concealment advantage....I like the long range on the z35 with better he pen though....I'm not defending the z35 just my observations....I have them all just giving her a fair shake while I'm learning her.thanks for the comments. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles
6 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

I agree on most counts but I definitely like the z35 guns and smokes  better than the loyang..those short burst smokes are nice...against the lighting and the loyang i feel fine against them 1 on 1..as in the better captain will win because the loyang has worse guns and way worse health...against the lighting the Z35 has a lot better health so its a close call......just giving honest opinions but both out spot the z , so if given support the lighting /loyang will win with concealment advantage....I like the long range on the z35 with better he pen though....I'm not defending the z35 just my observations....I have them all just giving her a fair shake while I'm learning her.thanks for the comments. 

Your welcome , and I am by no means judging your playing her. If anything you can take my opinion as complimentary if your one of the relatively few players that can get German DDs to work well for them, since as I said they are not easy to use. :Smile_honoring:

(in real life Germans had plenty of issues their DDs, and those mixtures of characteristics found their way into the game as whenever possible WG will try inserting historical data into their game vehicles.)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[META_]
Members
1,831 posts
18,967 battles
18 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Your welcome , and I am by no means judging your playing her. If anything you can take my opinion as complimentary if your one of the relatively few players that can get German DDs to work well for them, since as I said they are not easy to use. :Smile_honoring:

(in real life Germans had plenty of issues their DDs, and those mixtures of characteristics found their way into the game as whenever possible WG will try inserting historical data into their game vehicles.)

Thanks Admiral , I do believe I was misusing her at first maybe because of the long stretch of my Le Terrible play. I think I have gotten a winning strategy in her now , I just need to keep plugging away . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
171
[-H-]
Members
213 posts
6,448 battles
On 8/9/2020 at 8:50 AM, M_113 said:

Thanks for the video on the Z35

I have one as well, but due to work constraints I will not be able to play it for another two weeks.

 

 Anyways, you asked if “Z35 Is she a cursed ship for ranked ?” well if she cannot mount a detonation signal/other signals in competition for steel and as a final goal of the grind being steel ships. Yes she is gonna be cursed. There are no signals for spotting which she doesn’t seem to be able to do either in your video. The Z35 is able to assist in capturing but can she cap solo? I wonder if she can screen a grievously wounded team mate (Tirpitz?) and combine AA while shepherding said BB to break a enemy cap. I guess I will find out in a couple of weeks.

You have no idea just how accurate you are. Ive been several matches w "metaman" and this has been pointed out. His response is ill run my ship how I want to, which is understandable. Its also very understandable now why he feels cursed when actual teams try to suggest in what would actually be helpful.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×