You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Karandar

Monthly Twitch Prime Loot. Are you getting all you can

24 comments in this topic

[DPG]
Supertester
768 posts
19,205 battles

I think most captains these days are taking advantage of the current Twitch Prime loot bundles, container and mission drops, but just in case :

In this brief video I explain the various Twitch Prime offerings available to World of Warships players from ongoing Monthly Twitch Prime Loot bundles(these are changed & added to quite often by WG these days),  and also The Missions and Containers available each update earned by watching streams.

Edited by Karandar

[OIL-1]
Members
1,510 posts

It's not about watching streams, it's about the 4th amendment, and the lessons learned from WWII.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
1 minute ago, z9_ said:

It's not about watching streams, it's about the 4th amendment, and the lessons learned from WWII.

????????????????????????????

[V_V_V]
Members
1,076 posts
17,782 battles
20 minutes ago, z9_ said:

it's about the 4th amendment

Are the Internet Police looking to seize your pixels?

[BEA5T]
Members
5,302 posts
24,169 battles
36 minutes ago, Karandar said:

I think most captains these days are taking advantage of the current Twitch Prime loot bundles, container and mission drops, but just in case :

In this brief video I explain the various Twitch Prime offerings available to World of Warships players from ongoing Monthly Twitch Prime Loot bundles(these are changed & added to quite often by WG these days),  and also The Missions and Containers available each update earned by watching streams.

Kar, thanks for the video !  Unfortunately, many of the players in this game are not allowed on social media; because, of where they work.....   And, that Twitch was hacked and all sorts of personal data was supposedly lost.  The loot isn't worth the risk............  I hope I have that right......

Again, thanks for the info !!!  It's a shame the world is as the world is. 

• Cool 2

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,326 posts
12,989 battles
4 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Kar, thanks for the video !  Unfortunately, many of the players in this game are not allowed on social media; because, of where they work.....   And, that Twitch was hacked and all sorts of personal data was supposedly lost.  The loot isn't worth the risk............  I hope I have that right......

Again, thanks for the info !!!  It's a shame the world is as the world is. 

When did this happen? 

[OIL-1]
Members
1,510 posts
31 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

????????????????????????????

29 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

Yep this my thought too

12 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

Are the Internet Police looking to seize your pixels?

When I was a very young boy, I went to a family reunion.
There were about 50 men there. a lot of them had fought in WWII.
I'll never forget what they told me. The biggest thing they learned from the war was,
"Don't get your name put on a list".

You are probably familiar with a more famous story, that starts out with,
When they came for the Jews, I didn't say anything because I'm not Jewish.

It's the same story.

There's a reason why everyone is trying to tie all of your media and social accounts together,
and it is 'not' for your benefit. It's about getting your name on a list.

Am I paranoid?
Not in the least. You see, they already know me. Very well. I fought them for years.
It's for your benefit.

The 4th amendment is there for a reason, but you have to constantly fight for it.
Freedom isn't free.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
7,360 posts

I can understand the security concerns.  However, I'm going to guess most of the people here have purchased something from WG, so they have your info.  I'd be willing to bet you've purchased something from Amazon, so they have your info.  Linking your accounts won't give your info to anyone that doesn't already have it.  For anyone that doesn't know, Amazon owns Twitch, so sharing info with Twitch is giving it to Amazon.

• Cool 1

[V_V_V]
Members
1,076 posts
17,782 battles

Let's see:

Bank, Credit, Cell, Utilities, WG, DMV, Assessor's Parcel, Netflix,  Google Earth...etc, etc, etc.  Anyone off-grid?

[V_V_V]
Members
1,076 posts
17,782 battles
46 minutes ago, z9_ said:

"Don't get your name put on a list".

They were on a list the moment they signed the draft/recruiting papers...

Edited by Charon2018
add text

[WOLF7]
Members
904 posts
59 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

They were on a list the moment they signed the draft/recruiting papers...

In the state where I live, you can't get a driver's license if you are a male between 18-25 and have not registered for the selective service. This article explains other privileges you lose by "not putting your name on a list".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/04/02/failing-register-draft-women-court-consequences-men/3205425002/

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

"Selective" Service is a fossil from another age, a waste of money and time, and needs to be permanently done away with.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,845 battles
2 hours ago, z9_ said:

It's the same story.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,302 posts
24,169 battles
2 hours ago, Crokodone said:

When did this happen? 

I am not exactly sure since I never use those types of sites.  I heard about it from a security analyst who sent a threat warning out a while back;....from friends in the industry.    I guess Twitter got smacked recently as well.

Point is, social media isn't a really good idea..........especially now.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,326 posts
12,989 battles
11 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I am not exactly sure since I never use those types of sites.  I heard about it from a security analyst who sent a threat warning out a while back;....from friends in the industry.    I guess Twitter got smacked recently as well.

Point is, social media isn't a really good idea..........especially now.

I never thought of Twitch being social media. More like social advertising since the streamers are showcasing the games on display.

If we're linking our twitch/FB accounts that'll a no. But WG is only asking us to link our WG account.  Who's data is in ST Petersburg.

Edited by Crokodone

[OIL-1]
Members
1,510 posts
1 hour ago, HamAndCheez said:

other privileges you lose by "not putting your name on a list".

The latest is, they're gonna shut off your electricity and water if you don't get the tracking chip injected into your hand.

I already have a well. Guess I'll have to buy a generator.

• Cool 1

[V_V_V]
Members
1,076 posts
17,782 battles
18 minutes ago, z9_ said:

The latest is, they're gonna shut off your electricity and water if you don't get the tracking chip injected into your hand.

Just carry a cell phone.

Or rent mansions for huge parties.

Ad nauseam.

Edited by Charon2018
add text

[DPG]
Supertester
768 posts
19,205 battles

A very small % of the worlds people have the technical ability to avoid tracking and staying off lists - phones, tablets, pc's , web browsers, nearfield communications for tap and pay.   The average citizen would have their mind blown if we could see the entire list of companies and gov agencies tracking us. Through good practices we can minimize the personal data we share. 

The key is to only participate in what we are each comfortable doing, actually pay for a good antivirus, consider using a good vpn, and do not use the same passwords in something like games as your financial accounts. and one last tip - There is no rich Nigerian Prince needing our help !    ;)

Stay safe out there

[OIL-1]
Members
1,510 posts
2 hours ago, Karandar said:

A very small % of the worlds people have the technical ability to avoid tracking and staying off lists - phones, tablets, pc's , web browsers, nearfield communications for tap and pay.   The average citizen would have their mind blown if we could see the entire list of companies and gov agencies tracking us. Through good practices we can minimize the personal data we share.

Ahh.. the kiddies.
It's actually a lot easier than you think.
10 years ago they didn't have smart phones.
25 years ago the web was just gearing up.
You don't need any of that crap.
There are plenty of jobs that pay cash. You're not forced to work for the corporation.
There are plenty of landlords that take cash. You're not forced to rent from the corporation.
A used laptop and free WiFi is enough to play this game. Completely untraceable.

However, American cities are now coated with cameras. And there's no workaround other than leaving the country.
If you want a great laugh, check the recent news for San Diego streetlamp cameras.
The city council paid for thousands of 'smart' streetlamps, and didn't even know that each one had a high res
24 hour video camera in it. You can't make this stuff up. The incompetence of our leaders is truly staggering.
(It was a cool story though. A homicide cop figured it out when searching the scene of a crime.)

[LIF2]
Members
4 posts
4,181 battles
12 hours ago, z9_ said:

I already have a well. Guess I'll have to buy a generator.

I would offer you a tin foil hat, but I'm guessing you already have an ample supply.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,510 posts
8 hours ago, Amorphias said:

I would offer you a tin foil hat, but I'm guessing you already have an ample supply.

Sitting right next to my stockpile of 'rolled gold' toilet paper.

Oops, I forgot. You flat earthers claim that the great TP shortage of 2020 never happened.