You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
PowerSurged

Research Bureau do I lose the 2x bonus between seasons? (after I reset and fxp but before purchasing)

5 comments in this topic

Members
222 posts
9,987 battles

I was just wondering if someone would mind clearing up a little confusion on the Research Bureau. If I reset a line now and FXP to the T10 but I don't buy and play the ships for the points will the x2 bonus carry over to the next season? So in a week or so when the new season starts and I reset it again I'd then have x4 bonus is that correct? Just trying to save some credits :fish_book:

[CO-OP]
Members
3,457 posts
30,238 battles
15 minutes ago, PowerSurged said:

I was just wondering if someone would mind clearing up a little confusion on the Research Bureau. If I reset a line now and FXP to the T10 but I don't buy and play the ships for the points will the x2 bonus carry over to the next season? So in a week or so when the new season starts and I reset it again I'd then have x4 bonus is that correct? Just trying to save some credits :fish_book:

If you reset a line; FXP that line to t10; and then reset it again after the new season starts, you will get 4x RPs for each ship. 

From the wiki (you can ignore bullet #3):

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau

Stacking resets

For a player rich in Free XP Free XP, this is the easiest way to accrue Research Points Research Points (RP). The Tier VI-X ships of a reset line need not be played to qualify for RP. A player can reset, then unlock an entire line using Free XP without playing a single ship, and the Tier VI-X ships will "remember" that they are due those Research Points at the first win.

Then the player can reset, then unlock the same line without purchasing or playing a ship, and the Tier VI-X ships will "remember" that they are due more Research Points at the first win. When those ships eventually are purchased and played for a win, the accumulated Research Points are awarded.

Example

1) In Season 1 a player unlocks his fifth tech tree Tier X ship and immediately receives 10,000 Research Points.
2) He resets his Wows_flag_Germany.png KM cruiser line. All Tier II+ KM cruisers in port etc. are sold. Then he spends (roughly 650,000) FXP Free XP to unlock all nine ship through Tier X yet purchases none of them. His Tier VI through X ships thus gain the right to play for double Research Points (the Season 1 bonus) at any future time — 20,000 Research Points for all five.
3) In the same season, the player resets his KM cruiser line again, and again unlocks Free XP all nine ships. His Tier VI through X ships thus gain the right to play for another RP award — an additional 10,000 Research Points for all five.
4) As his first reset of Season 2, the player resets his KM cruiser line for the third time, and again spends Free XP to unlock all nine ships. His Tier VI through X ships thus earn the right to play for yet another double Research Points award (the Season 2 bonus) — 20,000 Research Points.
5) He then purchases his five Tier VI-X ships and plays five Co-op games, all wins, thus earning a total of 50,000 Research Points to add to the 10,000 Research Points he already had, giving him 60,000 Research Points — enough to buy Colbert (57,000 Research Points).

Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Cool 3

[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
1,676 posts
9,164 battles

So to purchase the Ohio or Slava I would need to replay a line (or lines), 5 times?

[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,045 battles
15 minutes ago, Tigermaus said:

So to purchase the Ohio or Slava I would need to replay a line (or lines), 5 times?

depends on if you want to grind all at once. if your willing to wait for the 2x bonuses then its like 3 lines (with the 10 k you get gifted)

• Cool 1

Members
222 posts
9,987 battles
2 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

If you reset a line; FXP that line to t10; and then reset it again after the new season starts, you will get 4x RPs for each ship. 

From the wiki (you can ignore bullet #3):

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau

Stacking resets

For a player rich in Free XP Free XP, this is the easiest way to accrue Research Points Research Points (RP). The Tier VI-X ships of a reset line need not be played to qualify for RP. A player can reset, then unlock an entire line using Free XP without playing a single ship, and the Tier VI-X ships will "remember" that they are due those Research Points at the first win.

Then the player can reset, then unlock the same line without purchasing or playing a ship, and the Tier VI-X ships will "remember" that they are due more Research Points at the first win. When those ships eventually are purchased and played for a win, the accumulated Research Points are awarded.

Example

1) In Season 1 a player unlocks his fifth tech tree Tier X ship and immediately receives 10,000 Research Points.
2) He resets his Wows_flag_Germany.png KM cruiser line. All Tier II+ KM cruisers in port etc. are sold. Then he spends (roughly 650,000) FXP Free XP to unlock all nine ship through Tier X yet purchases none of them. His Tier VI through X ships thus gain the right to play for double Research Points (the Season 1 bonus) at any future time — 20,000 Research Points for all five.
3) In the same season, the player resets his KM cruiser line again, and again unlocks Free XP all nine ships. His Tier VI through X ships thus gain the right to play for another RP award — an additional 10,000 Research Points for all five.
4) As his first reset of Season 2, the player resets his KM cruiser line for the third time, and again spends Free XP to unlock all nine ships. His Tier VI through X ships thus earn the right to play for yet another double Research Points award (the Season 2 bonus) — 20,000 Research Points.
5) He then purchases his five Tier VI-X ships and plays five Co-op games, all wins, thus earning a total of 50,000 Research Points to add to the 10,000 Research Points he already had, giving him 60,000 Research Points — enough to buy Colbert (57,000 Research Points).

Thanks a bunch for breaking it down really wanted to make sure I didn't end up wasting FXP by waiting (so I can save some credits lol)