You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Xyriel

team damage penalty needs rework

9 comments in this topic

[BOOYA]
[BOOYA]
Members
1 post
2,821 battles

There needs to be a restriction on team damage penalties, concerning torpedoes.

Example ..... I had launched torpedoes at a FULL 10km distance, and because a single team mate was too tunnel vision to see, i got penalized, even though 2 other team mates saw them and moved accordingly.

They were in the water for a good 15sec before impact.

If torpedoes travel a certain distance, or a reasonable amount of time passes after launch, it is the responsibility of others to pay attention to their surroundings.

• Funny 2
  • Meh 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,792 posts
21,701 battles

Have you considered .... not torpedoing allies?

"But he turned right in to them!"

Because you launched from from a position where he could turn in to them.

"It's not my fault!"

Yes it is. You can't control your teammates, where they go, what they do. You can control your torpedoes, when you launch them. You fire them, you own them. Can't claim they're your torpedoes when you sink an enemy and then disavow any responsibility when they hit an ally.

Every day tens of thousands of people play without torpedoing their allies. What makes you different?

<Edit> If anything I'd say teamdamage penalties are way too lenient.

Edited by Lert
  • Cool 3

[CO-OP]
Members
3,412 posts
30,127 battles

Bottom line is::cap_horn: "Its your ordnance, you own the consequences."

The victim, might have other things to watch.  You can't assume that your ally will see your torpedoes.  You ally is probably expecting that zone to be safe and not expecting danger coming from that direction.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,330 posts
14,924 battles
19 minutes ago, Lert said:

Have you considered .... not torpedoing allies?

"But he turned right in to them!"

Because you launched from from a position where he could turn in to them.

"It's not my fault!"

Yes it is. You can't control your teammates, where they go, what they do. You can control your torpedoes, when you launch them. You fire them, you own them. Can't claim they're your torpedoes when you sink an enemy and then disavow any responsibility when they hit an ally.

Every day tens of thousands of people play without torpedoing their allies. What makes you different?

<Edit> If anything I'd say teamdamage penalties are way too lenient.

Forum cat is smart, listen to the forum cat.

[PVE]
Members
1,530 posts
43,398 battles
1 hour ago, Xyriel said:

Example ..... I had launched torpedoes at a FULL 10km distance, and because a single team mate was too tunnel vision to see, i got penalized, even though 2 other team mates saw them and moved accordingly.

If torpedoes travel a certain distance, or a reasonable amount of time passes after launch, it is the responsibility of others to pay attention to their surroundings.

WG should make the penalties 3x bigger so players will be more careful with torps.

If you have to put in chat {WATCH OUT FOR MY TORPS] or {TORPS OUT} maybe you should not be using them.

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
186 posts
15,418 battles
9 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

If you have to put in chat {WATCH OUT FOR MY TORPS] or {TORPS OUT} maybe you should not be using them.

Some players need extra reminders not to back up or engine boost in to them.  I have had team mates pass me from behind me after I set up for the kill only to sail into them as I had just fired.  The torps that are over 12km are even worse, I have been hit by them turning the other player pink. My response with thanks. they said I was now where around when launched. I felt it was plausible and asked for a warning next time.

Banned
1,684 posts

Although Hitting a Friendly is 99% accidental, It is,  still a fact you fired them and they belong to you with all the damage done.

I have turned Pink more times than I would like to admit, I always send a sorry to the friendly and accept the penalty if imposed.

Banned
627 posts
2 hours ago, Xyriel said:

Yeah no. They are your responsibility, regardless of range.

[SC]
Beta Testers
48 posts
8,830 battles

It can be very frustrating being a DD player and accidently torping an ally. Theres so many reasons why it happens sometime intentionally blocking you from taking a shot in fear of hitting them. It gets worse as torp range increases. But to increase or decrease penalty is really problematic due to the multiple reasons.