Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Ok, a Dumb Q re Ranked

6 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

I finally started dabbling with Ranked this current season. I somehow made it to 11 but am now back to 12.

My efforts at finding an explanation of how many games must be won to advance has not been fruitful.

It's all the more complicated because for me it's a case of 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.

If you can point me to a resource that explains it, I will be forever in your debt.

:cap_book:

• Boring 1

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,903 battles
25 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I finally started dabbling with Ranked this current season. I somehow made it to 11 but am now back to 12.

My efforts at finding an explanation of how many games must be won to advance has not been fruitful.

It's all the more complicated because for me it's a case of 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.

If you can point me to a resource that explains it, I will be forever in your debt.

:cap_book:

That's pretty much all there is to it. Play and play and play. 

I go to 10 for the 10% service reduction flag and then call it a day.

Too many angry people in ranked play and the lack of irrevocable ranks just leads to player meltdown and frustration.

• Cool 1

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts
39 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Play Chutes and Ladders with a 4 year old for the key to wins in Ranked

I don't know any 4 year olds.

:Smile_sad:

[PVE]
Members
11,076 posts
19,204 battles

Ranked battles only rank how good you are at being the first place loser, everything else is just the luck of the matchmaker. Wear the star.

It also may take playing the right ship or should I say ship type. If you aren't good in DDs but you are better in BBs, I would stick to the BBs for example.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
907 posts

From other posts I've read, it sounds like most players who reach Rank 1 wind up playing 100+ games. There are also posts talking about 200+ and 300+ games. I'm at Rank 5 and it took me 75 games.

Your success is going to come down to your skills (to a degree) as well as the type of ship you play. It all comes down to causing damage and getting caps, so if you sail out in a ship with slow speed, high detection, and wonky guns, then you may have a really unpleasant Ranked experience.  

Sign in to follow this