You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
devilman275

Please rework Graf Zeppelin

8 comments in this topic

[A-K-A]
Beta Testers
146 posts
4,868 battles

it is no secret that GZ is in a poor state

with the new rocket plane reticule Gz has a second attack group that is unreliable

after so much fiddling with GZ i say, WG needs to look at it again, it is the worse performing CV at tier 8, the main issue is dive bomber are highly unreliable, the reticule and rng allows for far too many drop where 90% of the ship is in the reticule and somehow the 2 bomb just sideway off to the small part of water in it

for its trouble the DB damage have been highly cut down from 7000 to 5400 with a marginal improvement in aim speed, which doesn't mather since the RNG dont care if you dont win the drop lottery

TB are the only reliable damage and they are not that great either, they are fine just, they cant just pick up the slack from DB

with the new rocket plane reticule, they are acting more like the dive bomber on the reliable departement.

i dont know what can be done to help this cv without making it Enterprise 2.0, it needs to be more reliable and at least on part with the competition

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 2

[WOLF8]
Members
8,124 posts
6,782 battles

IMHO, Graffy Zeppy really needs her old plane speed back. Her main gimmick, outside of the stronkest Secondaries, was her awesomely fast planes. It made sense, as her planes were fragile, low in numbers, low in reserve, and slow in regeneration... so her planes needed to zip through the AA auras as fast as they can, while delivering the payloads, to preserve their numbers. Sure, she may not have the biggest or the most reliable strike power, but you were darn sure to fly from point A to point B in no time, providing the quickest response to any threat, compared to other CV's.

Of course, all that changed with the global plane speed nerf in mid-2019. It hit the Graf hardest, because of the aforementioned gimmick... and WG didn't compensate her in any way for it. She was actually pretty okay before the nerf, not overpowered or too weak, but just playable and viable. She became to be known as one of the worst CV's in Tier VIII, pretty much shortly after the nerf.

And there's only so much that her meme Secondaries can make up for it. Unless WG is willing to buff some other aspect of her planes, I say she should be made as an exception, and have her old plane speed back.

As for her aiming reticle for her dive bombers, I say it just need to be tightened and become smaller. The latest Loewenhardt actually has same perfect-circle reticle on her bombers as GZ's, but her reticle is much smaller, and hence actually useable, even when RNGesus tries to troll the drop pattern. Giving the bombers of GZ the same kind of smaller reticle would actually fix quite a lot of issues, I say.

That's just me though. Maybe she needs some more help in other areas, but I don't want to risk her becoming too stronk and getting pulled from the shop. Better to give her a tiny adjustment at a time, to slowly get her up.

My 2 Stuka sirens. Please take them not with a grain of salt, but with a grain of sugar... lol.

[A-K-A]
Beta Testers
146 posts
4,868 battles
19 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

IMHO, Graffy Zeppy really needs her old plane speed back. Her main gimmick, outside of the stronkest Secondaries, was her awesomely fast planes. It made sense, as her planes were fragile, low in numbers, low in reserve, and slow in regeneration... so her planes needed to zip through the AA auras as fast as they can, while delivering the payloads, to preserve their numbers. Sure, she may not have the biggest or the most reliable strike power, but you were darn sure to fly from point A to point B in no time, providing the quickest response to any threat, compared to other CV's.

Of course, all that changed with the global plane speed nerf in mid-2019. It hit the Graf hardest, because of the aforementioned gimmick... and WG didn't compensate her in any way for it. She was actually pretty okay before the nerf, not overpowered or too weak, but just playable and viable. She became to be known as one of the worst CV's in Tier VIII, pretty much shortly after the nerf.

And there's only so much that her meme Secondaries can make up for it. Unless WG is willing to buff some other aspect of her planes, I say she should be made as an exception, and have her old plane speed back.

As for her aiming reticle for her dive bombers, I say it just need to be tightened and become smaller. The latest Loewenhardt actually has same perfect-circle reticle on her bombers as GZ's, but her reticle is much smaller, and hence actually useable, even when RNGesus tries to troll the drop pattern. Giving the bombers of GZ the same kind of smaller reticle would actually fix quite a lot of issues, I say.

That's just me though. Maybe she needs some more help in other areas, but I don't want to risk her becoming too stronk and getting pulled from the shop. Better to give her a tiny adjustment at a time, to slowly get her up.

My 2 Stuka sirens. Please take them not with a grain of salt, but with a grain of sugar... lol.

i've tried Loewenhardt  and yes her dive bomber are a charm, also, i think now that the GZ needs high altitude drop, it helps the aiming and actually let you take the time to drop with proper pen, insteand with the low high dive we are driven to drop early at the cost of aim for potential pen power

[WPORT]
Members
9,821 posts
14,329 battles

Just undo the nerfs that have been done to Graf Zeppelin's planes and ordnance.

No need to rework her aiming reticles or attack/drop patterns.

Variety is the spice of life and Graf Zeppelin was sailing in WOWs long before Weser or August Von Parseval showed up.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

I do far better with the GZ than any other German CVs at this point. The ELO (as I call her) is growing on me but not as much as the GZ. 

Can't imagine the GZ getting buffs. She'd be a holy terror.

Just don't touch the Jerichos in any way, shape or form. 

[GRETA]
Members
1,427 posts
10,881 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I do far better with the GZ than any other German CVs at this point. The ELO (as I call her) is growing on me but not as much as the GZ. 

Can't imagine the GZ getting buffs. She'd be a holy terror.

Just don't touch the Jerichos in any way, shape or form. 

I am actually really enjoying the elo.  Strangely enough the slightly slower paced and lower AA environment is allowing me to perfect the use of that funky DB reticle and drop pattern.   I believe playing her is going to make me more proficient at playing GZ.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
2 hours ago, HallaSnackbar said:

I am actually really enjoying the elo.  Strangely enough the slightly slower paced and lower AA environment is allowing me to perfect the use of that funky DB reticle and drop pattern.   I believe playing her is going to make me more proficient at playing GZ.

I'm enjoying the mission bonus. It's like a 30 day bonus program which will help me toward MvR - the "prize".

• Cool 1