You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DJC_499

Seeing the Upcoming USA BB LIne Split in Battle - The World Wonders....

118 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
1,514 posts
11,174 battles

I saw that with the release of 0.9.7 the USA BBs composing the upcoming line split (Kansas, Minnesota, Vermont) and the Florida were being released to SuperTesters, et al for testing (and who are silenced by a NDA). During the Friday evening Twitch stream a participant noted seeing the three tier tree ships in battles this past week. I have not and I am wondering if others are seeing these ships and have any comments as to how they perform. (Thanks)

[SALVO]
Members
26,336 posts
30,439 battles

What gets me is that the line split doesn't start at a lower tier.  There are plenty of real life WW1 era USN BBs that could have used to fill out a second USN BB tree.

• Cool 7

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,850 battles
23 minutes ago, Crucis said:

What gets me is that the line split doesn't start at a lower tier.  There are plenty of real life WW1 era USN BBs that could have used to fill out a second USN BB tree.

That is because WG doesn't care about anything below tier 8, so they just didn't bother to model anything below tier 8; not enough money there, and too many aircraft.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,336 posts
30,439 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

That is because WG doesn't care about anything below tier 8, so they just didn't bother to model anything below tier 8; not enough money there, and too many aircraft.

Why bother having 10 tiers then?  :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[XXX]
Members
663 posts
1,666 battles

Had a Vermont in one of my battles, sadly she was on the opposite side of the map so didn't get to see her in action, seemed to do alright but then it was a map where a BB can take a central position and cover both flanks, so who knows.

• Thanks 1

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,703 battles

the vermont seems like the perfect ship to have on the enemy team for us damage farmers :)

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,586 posts
4,655 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

I agree, the WV 44 refit could of been perfect for Tier VII, with Pennsylvannia refit at Tier VI. Nevada Refit a Tier VI Premium. Im also bummed they didnt go with the enhanced secondaries for this line. I think it would of been perfect. 

Edited by JSFWRX85
  • Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
3 hours ago, DJC_499 said:

I saw that with the release of 0.9.7 the USA BBs composing the upcoming line split (Kansas, Minnesota, Vermont) and the Florida were being released to SuperTesters, et al for testing (and who are silenced by a NDA). During the Friday evening Twitch stream a participant noted seeing the three tier tree ships in battles this past week. I have not and I am wondering if others are seeing these ships and have any comments as to how they perform. (Thanks)

Yes, seeing Kansas get slapped down a couple of times. However, ST does not mean unicum player. 

• Thanks 2

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,850 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

Why bother having 10 tiers then?  :Smile_facepalm:

You are the second player to ask me that in as many days, but since I don't know you should just ask WG.

Members
939 posts
17,542 battles

After watching Flamu and his preview of those 4 BB's I maybe interested in Florida. Unless they drastically change the other 3 into modern ships instead of re tread New Mexico's and California's I am not interested. They will easily be burned to cinder in game and are torp magnets with their incredible slow speed. 32mm deck armor make H.E. spammers explode with delight with the expectation of meeting these sloths in battle. 40 second reload? So what if the have big guns!

Being burned like a Charcoal briquette while waiting for a reload is going to be tedious at best. The heal is nothing special to compensate also. It's amazing how this game seems to be trying to keep it's biased Russian ships better than Navies with proven track records of design, building and battle performance etc. I may be wrong at how much interest these ships generate but unless they are improved quite a bit, ie speed, reload time, deck armor, etc, IHMO I think a lot of players will pass of these ships.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

Members
939 posts
17,542 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

You hit the nail on the head my friend! 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,514 posts
11,174 battles
2 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

After watching Flamu and his preview of those 4 BB's I maybe interested in Florida. Unless they drastically change the other 3 into modern ships instead of re tread New Mexico's and California's I am not interested. They will easily be burned to cinder in game and are torp magnets with their incredible slow speed. 32mm deck armor make H.E. spammers explode with delight with the expectation of meeting these sloths in battle. 40 second reload? So what if the have big guns!

Being burned like a Charcoal briquette while waiting for a reload is going to be tedious at best. The heal is nothing special to compensate also. It's amazing how this game seems to be trying to keep it's biased Russian ships better than Navies with proven track records of design, building and battle performance etc. I may be wrong at how much interest these ships generate but unless they are improved quite a bit, ie speed, reload time, deck armor, etc, IHMO I think a lot of players will pass of these ships.

Sure sums up a lot of my concerns.....

[TNG-2]
Members
208 posts
14,715 battles

Flamu's concerns are valid... however, all WGing has to do is lower the main battery reload... and buff the secondary range by 1 or 2km and you have very interesting Battleships.  They aren't going to do a split lower than tier 8 because those BB's already exist... these BBs are an extension of Colorado and New Mexico.  Florida would have been a candidate for tier 7 tech tree in the "old" main line.  But anything from the modern line would be completely made up if it was of the same flavor... so maybe they do that later,... but it's unlikely.

Lower tier has enough ships for new players to explore already.  The game's goal is, once you're into the game, you get up to tier 7+ and stay there.

• Meh 2

[BBICT]
Members
3,926 posts
4,243 battles

I'm also interested how they do. I'm grinding the LOLrodo again...which is going better than the first time, but she is still what she is. I'm hoping its not a waste of gaming time, and they buff these big girls. I like big guns and I cannot lie, and the Vermont has plenty of those! 

[HELLS]
Members
2,851 posts
31,681 battles

I saw Vermont in a Co-op game. The ST said it was his first time out in the ship and declined all comments. I was not impressed by what I saw because the ST in question is a decent player. As usual, I might grind real ships for their historical interest, but WG can hang the paper ships on their office wall for all I care.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
1 hour ago, Heed_04 said:

Flamu's concerns are valid... however, all WGing has to do is lower the main battery reload... and buff the secondary range by 1 or 2km and you have very interesting Battleships.  They aren't going to do a split lower than tier 8 because those BB's already exist... these BBs are an extension of Colorado and New Mexico.  Florida would have been a candidate for tier 7 tech tree in the "old" main line.  But anything from the modern line would be completely made up if it was of the same flavor... so maybe they do that later,... but it's unlikely.

Lower tier has enough ships for new players to explore already.  The game's goal is, once you're into the game, you get up to tier 7+ and stay there.

That might be WG's goal, but it's not my goal.

• Cool 1

[NGA-B]
[NGA-B]
Beta Testers
200 posts
11,115 battles
5 hours ago, DJC_499 said:

I've seen a Florida on the other team and I was 2x uptiered with my GC.  I was able to get a cit at blank range in the rear so they exist.  The player, though, was a [edited] bag in chat so he got reported (not I think it means anything).  

Then, saw a Vermont on my team and he was playing passive but I think it's because they have that super reload time?  He was playing at range so I suspect we'll be seeing that more with this USA BB line split because of the long reload times.  Don't recall how he died but our team lost (our DD's in this case weren't doing their job).

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
1 hour ago, GSXstage1 said:

Many of us sounded this alarm weeks and weeks ago. That there has been no change or feedback from the developers surely indicat s this line has already been written off and doomed to scrap heaps of irrelevance. Oh well. Wouldn't be first time disappointment  was delivered.

• Cool 2

Members
939 posts
17,542 battles
5 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Many of us sounded this alarm weeks and weeks ago. That there has been no change or feedback from the developers surely indicat s this line has already been written off and doomed to scrap heaps of irrelevance. Oh well. Wouldn't be first time disappointment  was delivered.

You are quite right about that. Sad that their are SO MANY great ships people would gobble up that really existed. Both GB and Germany's Battle-cruisers from WW1 for instance.  How about the R-Class British Battleships? Just dozens of ships out there they can put in the game yet they want to add these paper sloths and Soviet Super ships that never got passed the idea stage etc etc.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,038 posts
4,513 battles
17 minutes ago, Mustang2209 said:

I've seen a Florida on the other team and I was 2x uptiered with my GC.  I was able to get a cit at blank range in the rear so they exist.  The player, though, was a [edited] bag in chat so he got reported (not I think it means anything).  

Then, saw a Vermont on my team and he was playing passive but I think it's because they have that super reload time?  He was playing at range so I suspect we'll be seeing that more with this USA BB line split because of the long reload times.  Don't recall how he died but our team lost (our DD's in this case weren't doing their job).

Florida has a very vulnerable citadel. The three ultra-dreads do not. Unhittable except by bombs on the VIII and IX, difficult on the X especially as that will almost always be at long range.

The weakness of the ultra-dreads besides their speed is that they are like the French and Thunderer, essentially no external armor beyond the turrets. This is okay re: AP but completely vulnerable to HE.

Members
939 posts
17,542 battles
1 hour ago, Heed_04 said:

Plenty of us OLDER players will gladly jump back down to realistic British and German Battle cruisers that fought at Jutland. Tier 9 and 10 are getting really messed up with Soviet Super ships and other types that do not add fun to the game. Many players feel the same way about this so do just write us off. All players are important no matter the tier.

• Cool 3