Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wolfkind252

Teams

15 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
Members
901 posts
3,970 battles

Ok I have to know, I don't know about random but this applies to coop, and I am sure its a random thing too, the islands in the middle of the map.......why is it only one or two ships have the guys to go farther than the middle islands, its like your all deer waiting instead of looking for the enemy

Members
4,144 posts
14,857 battles

Why would a deer look for (search out for) the enemy? That seems like a bad idea. 

Edited by Rollingonit

[V_V_V]
Members
1,076 posts
17,749 battles
45 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

why is it only one or two ships have the guys to go farther than the middle islands

In a word, "Crossfire".

Going center can expose your ship's sides to concentrated fire from both flanks.

Edited by Charon2018
add text

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
19,012 battles
1 hour ago, Rollingonit said:

Why would a deer look for (search out for) the enemy? That seems like a bad idea. 

Animal Memes - Everyone watching | Funny Memes

This?

[SALVO]
Members
8,273 posts
6,142 battles

Because it is better to not be the first in the line, and let some other poor sucker to be focused by the enemy.

[PVE]
Members
8,505 posts
24,628 battles

Because it's better to be A focuser than THE focusee.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,437 posts
2 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

Ok I have to know, I don't know about random but this applies to coop, and I am sure its a random thing too, the islands in the middle of the map.......why is it only one or two ships have the guys to go farther than the middle islands, its like your all deer waiting instead of looking for the enemy

If Deer come out of the meadow or forest hunting me... I have a problem. The solution to that problem rewards me with cooked venison next winter.

You do not go out into the middle. A old Military ditty goes like this...

Hey diddle diddle up the middle. Yea right. What in the world am I doing in the middle? Well in Coop I expect herds of big ships to all come down a narrow chute. A preplanned torpedo murderhole. Hopefully I don't get caught while waiting to spring the trap.

In Random, I expect nothing. Humans are some of the most addictive cunning enemies out there in any game. Or real world problem. IT is fortunate that hunting humans who are not going ot be all there in the middle... but will all shoot one time to delete the newbie nooblet who boldy sails straight to the middle full of vim and vinegar to fight everyone. HA right.

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Being first isnt always a good thing.

EyXILrx.gif

Oh that is my favorite X-Men quote lol!  And so true of Weekend and Holiday teams I will have this scene come to mind as my team scatters and I will hold back a little if in a capital ship to see where enemy shows up and how many. I can then try to reinforce where I feel I can do the most good, and hopefully help turn the tide of battle.

( I also play competitively in chess clubs and tournaments so this really brings a smile to my face having chess threaded through X-Men Franchise.)

Members
1,433 posts
1,852 battles
2 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

Ok I have to know, I don't know about random but this applies to coop, and I am sure its a random thing too, the islands in the middle of the map.......why is it only one or two ships have the guys to go farther than the middle islands, 

Because we have secondary build :Smile_trollface: :Smile_glasses:

[NEMO]
Members
901 posts
3,970 battles
12 hours ago, Charon2018 said:

In a word, "Crossfire".

Going center can expose your ship's sides to concentrated fire from both flanks.

That's why its better to sit in the middle and wait? split up and flank them, last night I was in one coop where I went right to C, some guy on the other side went A and I looked at eth map, we had clear ways to both sides as the rest of the team sat there and died

12 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Being first isnt always a good thing.

EyXILrx.gif

11 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Because it's better to be A focuser than THE focusee.

but if the whole team would be A focuser............just sayin

11 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Oh that is my favorite X-Men quote lol!  And so true of Weekend and Holiday teams I will have this scene come to mind as my team scatters and I will hold back a little if in a capital ship to see where enemy shows up and how many. I can then try to reinforce where I feel I can do the most good, and hopefully help turn the tide of battle.

( I also play competitively in chess clubs and tournaments so this really brings a smile to my face having chess threaded through X-Men Franchise.)

pawns often have the support of the rest of the chess pieces, unlike this game, its like all people want in this game is the next higher tier ship at everybody eases expense

[V_V_V]
Members
1,076 posts
17,749 battles
1 hour ago, wolfkind252 said:

its like all people want in this game is the next higher tier ship at everybody eases expense

In a nutshell.

[WOLFG]
Members
33,659 posts
10,453 battles

Here's the thing: I'm all for teamwork, if there's any structure in place for it.

Without that structure, I'm going to base my gameplay on what I can do to help win, based on reality as things develop.

Yes, if 2/3 of the team does X, and the other 1/3 Y, you'll likely be successful.

The problem is, we don't have time to agree on what X and Y should be. (which we would have to, as there is no "leader") And even if we did, we certainly don't have time to agree on how X and Y should evolve when something unexpected happens. (which it usually does)

IOW, I have zero idea what people are going to do at match start. I don't know if they're going to start doing something right, and then chicken out partway in, leaving me holding the bag. I don't know if, having followed through on the intent to push, they can fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Most importantly, I don't know how the enemy is deploying.

I'm going to do what I believe is best for the team. What I'm not going to do, (at least not regularly) is put myself in a position where I require support to continue, because it's a toss-up as to whether that support is both forthcoming and effective.

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles
4 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

That's why its better to sit in the middle and wait? split up and flank them, last night I was in one coop where I went right to C, some guy on the other side went A and I looked at eth map, we had clear ways to both sides as the rest of the team sat there and died

but if the whole team would be A focuser............just sayin

pawns often have the support of the rest of the chess pieces, unlike this game, its like all people want in this game is the next higher tier ship at everybody eases expense

Really depends on which pawns your taking about and what chess opening is used as often enough within the first 4 moves some pawns will be flat out sacrificed. As they may be mid game, and the end game the pawns may need to move forward on their own to get turned into queens, some times a knight, Rook, or very rarely a Bishop ( Some really advanced chess positions require you promote a pawn to something other than a Queen.)

But in general you are correct about pawns having full support from all the pieces of chess is being played well. A layman’s perspective will think pawns are completely expendable when in reality a good player will consider carefully before sacrificing even a single pawn as if 1 pawn cap decide the outcome of a chess game. Although some of the sharpest / most intense chess games are when you sacrifice a pawn or 2 in the opening as part / chess opening, and your opponent needs to know if they can take those pawns safely or if it would be too greedy to the point of being severely punished in the game lol.

In WOWs, WOTB, and other games the same thing can happen as far as sacrificial pawns, it could be mistake by the pawn, or it could be bait for a trap like when you chase after a Warship and you find yourself suddenly in the middle of an ambush by several enemy ships. Lol chess has many good lessons to teach if you dive deep enough into it and apply the lessons learned to other things.

Banned
1,684 posts

Although Teams is a fantasy in any WG game mode except clan battles/maybe scheduled operations with friends.

Until WG removes RNG the teams will all depend on this one factor.

RNG removes all semblance of hope for teamwork.

Only the best of the best can overcome RNG to a 50% outcome

Sign in to follow this