You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Is there the possibility of a sub forum for all the CV threads?

21 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,738 posts

EDIT,   I just saw there IS a separate forum for discussions of ships even CV in Particular.    https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/150-aircraft-carriers/   MODS need to do their jobs then and move these gripe fests there.  If I post something even partially not to do with this forum they move it instantly.  SO My question has been answered. The forum does exist.. it is simply never enforced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This forum is mostly filled with CV threads and it's always the same thing. Balanced , Not, OP, Gripe, Polls about CV's , Now CVs hate AA!

Wasn't the rework over a year ago?? It's time to move on.

Just look at the hottest topics here.  Almost always the same posters as well.  Always saying the same thing... next day.. rinse repeat.

99% of the needless salt that you see daily is about CV's 

No matter how many times the issue is brought up it is recycled multiple times a day and the same groups defend or attack.

Let's move them to their own sub thread so the rest who could care less or just play the game and deal with it's changes and adapt can spend at least ONE day without a CV Gripe fest clogging up the forum.

Not one player who is serious about this issue would mind this unless the whole Idea is to get attention on this main group.

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,903 battles

Nope.

All this post has really achieved is incoming flames.

And hilariously enough added to the CV threads you want moved.

Because all people see is "CV" and that's all it takes.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,738 posts
3 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Nope.

All this post has really achieved is incoming flames.

And hilariously enough added to the CV threads you want moved.

Because all people see is "CV" and that's all it takes.

No,  what is Hilarious is I KNEW the first reply would say that. That is how this place works.  It's just sad.

BTW IRL Flames are what kiddies do when they have no actual reasonable comment so they don't bother me at all.  In fact the more they do it the more I can tell I am correct.

• Cool 1

Members
79 posts
53 battles

Great idea let's have a sub post for everything

Actually they should split the forum up into people above and below 1500 Pr's.

Then the bad players could cry and sulk in their own ways and people above that can actually have some true discussions.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 2

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,903 battles
9 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

No,  what is Hilarious is I KNEW the first reply would say that. That is how this place works.  It's just sad.

BTW IRL Flames are what kiddies do when they have no actual reasonable comment so they don't bother me at all.  In fact the more they do it the more I can tell I am correct.

It's just what happens here when you talk about a touchy subject no one can seem to agree on.

I've watched many "constructive" CV threads all go the same way after a few pages of actual discussion.

Most get locked.

[TWFT]
Members
1,507 posts
41,381 battles

How about WG fix's the problem so you don't whine about others that are whining?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,903 battles
2 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

How about WG fix's the problem so you don't whine about others that are whining?

According to WG there's nothing to fix. Even Zoup in one of his videos admits CV are here to stay.

This is a PEBKAC issue now.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles

It won't matter, people post in general for visibility, nobody would use a sub-forum.

[SALVO]
Members
8,302 posts
6,174 battles

Dude you do know it, the sub thread is for serious stuff. General is for flame wars... That's why you are posting here :cap_popcorn:

[TWFT]
Members
1,507 posts
41,381 battles
1 minute ago, xalmgrey said:

According to WG there's nothing to fix. Even Zoup in one of his videos admits CV are here to stay.

This is a PEBKAC issue now.

Fine, the sky cancer is here to stay, but do you think it is driving players away or is it adding to the player base?

Foe me, I see WG basically telling the player base to "Shove it up your stern", they do not talk about the problems or even say if they are trying to fix anything.  All we get to do is post here to hopefully get a good portion of the player base to agree with us and collectively take steps to correct the problem our selves.  As a group we have some power, I for one will not spend money on the game anymore with the exception of keeping premiumtime.  I used to drop $100 to $200 a week on this game, but now its around $20 a month, and I know I am not the only one.

If you want to go with the argument that I and others like me can be replaced, then good luck with that when the new player can buy his way to higher tiers with out having to gain experience.   I think game play has suffered a bit of late because of how easy it is for new players to just purchases glory and not work for it.

So sorry, the "It's all good" argument from WG and the players whining about the players that are fighting to make the game better, falls flat with me.

I don't blame the cancer, I blame the chemicals that cause it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,903 battles
1 minute ago, Turbotush said:

Fine, the sky cancer is here to stay, but do you think it is driving players away or is it adding to the player base?

Foe me, I see WG basically telling the player base to "Shove it up your stern", they do not talk about the problems or even say if they are trying to fix anything.  All we get to do is post here to hopefully get a good portion of the player base to agree with us and collectively take steps to correct the problem our selves.  As a group we have some power, I for one will not spend money on the game anymore with the exception of keeping premiumtime.  I used to drop $100 to $200 a week on this game, but now its around $20 a month, and I know I am not the only one.

If you want to go with the argument that I and others like me can be replaced, then good luck with that when the new player can buy his way to higher tiers with out having to gain experience.   I think game play has suffered a bit of late because of how easy it is for new players to just purchases glory and not work for it.

So sorry, the "It's all good" argument from WG and the players whining about the players that are fighting to make the game better, falls flat with me.

I don't blame the cancer, I blame the chemicals that cause it.

Honestly i think CV have kinda leveled out in the amount they are played which really isn't terribly frequently anymore. Right now they are introducing a new CV line which is lack luster at best. But its new so there's more around of them right now. Eventually they will taper off. 

The people that were going to be chased off by CV are most likely already gone. And it seems a good portion of the player base is coming up with ways to deal with CV.

I don't think anyone is easily replaced. This is a niche game and it doesn't have much competition. 

People buying their way to TX has always been an issue as long as i can remember it. They make easy meat in the TX area though so i don't mind running into wallet warriors that play a TX ship like its a tier 5.

At this point i wouldn't blame the chemicals or the cancer, i would just figure out a way to enjoy myself with it around.

Alpha Tester
6,680 posts
3,338 battles

I'd love to see everything CV-related consolidated to one megathread.

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

EDIT,   I just saw there IS a separate forum for discussions of ships even CV in Particular.    https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/150-aircraft-carriers/   MODS need to do their jobs then and move these gripe fests there.  If I post something even partially not to do with this forum they move it instantly.  SO My question has been answered. The forum does exist.. it is simply never enforced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This forum is mostly filled with CV threads and it's always the same thing. Balanced , Not, OP, Gripe, Polls about CV's , Now CVs hate AA!

Wasn't the rework over a year ago?? It's time to move on.

Just look at the hottest topics here.  Almost always the same posters as well.  Always saying the same thing... next day.. rinse repeat.

99% of the needless salt that you see daily is about CV's 

No matter how many times the issue is brought up it is recycled multiple times a day and the same groups defend or attack.

Let's move them to their own sub thread so the rest who could care less or just play the game and deal with it's changes and adapt can spend at least ONE day without a CV Gripe fest clogging up the forum.

Not one player who is serious about this issue would mind this unless the whole Idea is to get attention on this main group.

Fantastic idea. I think it exists already but the DD mains and anti carrier divas, prima donas and drama Mama's seeking clicks and attention bring the noise to general instead of an appropriate carrier or DD subthread. I'm not saying it's wrong or being critical of any moderators. I will say it's usually quite toxic, exagerated and annoying as all get out.

• Cool 1

[NFJF]
Members
707 posts
11,017 battles
7 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

CV are here to stay.

That doesn't magically mean there's nothing wrong with them though. They're more annoying than anything in randoms, but the completely ruin CB gameplay. Then again, being a Slava owner, so many people cry about her all the time. I venture to think a lot of them are the same people who defend post rework CVs and low skill HE spam ships like Smolensk tooth and nail. That being the case my rebuttal to them is pretty much the same as yours regarding CVs, Its in the game and its here to stay, either deal with it or just quit playing. You can't please everybody and there are always going to be ships in the game certain groups of people despise no matter what. 

Members
948 posts
8 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

et's move them to their own sub thread so the rest who could care less or just play the game and deal with it's changes and adapt can spend at least ONE day without a CV Gripe fest clogging up the forum.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,510 posts
9 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Dude you do know it, the sub thread is for serious stuff. General is for flame wars... That's why you are posting here

This^.

To do a sub-forum correctly, it would have to be titled "CV Haters", and that wouldn't look good to the executives.
And if you're gonna do that, might as well make a sub-forum called "Rants".
Now the problem is, remove the CV haters and the rants, and now there's nothing left to go into General Discussion.