You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SeaShadowAR

Minor texture mishap on Douglas BTD-1

6 comments in this topic

[ARA-I]
Members
122 posts
2,263 battles

Not sure what's going on here. There's a bit of the modded roundel (on the base _a texture) being overstepped by the original American fuselage roundel.

arai-btd1-shot.png

The main texture is 100% fine as far as I can see, and I couldn't spot any impediments on the normal (_n) and specular (_mg) ones either. Is there a misc bit I'm missing in the ocean or American gubbinz?

arai-btd1.png

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm going nuts WG, what have you done? :cap_haloween:

Edited by SeaShadowAR

[TF16A]
Modder
690 posts
864 battles

It could be that it’s on the model itself? This could be why you can’t see it on the texture. I recall a ship had that issue a few months ago, I think the only way that got fixed was to actually edit the model.

[ARA-I]
Members
122 posts
2,263 battles
3 minutes ago, Mailman653 said:

It could be that it’s on the model itself? This could be why you can’t see it on the texture. I recall a ship had that issue a few months ago, I think the only way that got fixed was to actually edit the model.

The model? But the models themselves don't have textures. And the texture files are supposed to be over them. :cap_yes:

Edited by SeaShadowAR

[TF16A]
Modder
690 posts
864 battles
2 minutes ago, SeaShadowAR said:

The model? But the models themselves don't have textures. :cap_yes:

Nope! But believe it or not a few months ago a modder brought up the issue of a ship that had a hull number on it and couldn’t be removed. After some digging into the cause of the issue, it was discovered that the hull number was part of the model.

That’s not to say your issue is the same, but it’s a possibility.

[ARA-I]
Members
122 posts
2,263 battles

Hmm. How would I go about editing the model itself? Which file is it and which program could I use?

[TF16A]
Modder
690 posts
864 battles

Viewing or editing models is beyond my understanding. Perhaps someone which knowledge of that can chime in. You mentioned the possibility of a misc file, have you tried looking to see if there’s a US rounded somewhere in the files?