Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
PrairiePlayer

Pommern secondaries

7 comments in this topic

[CK5]
Members
1,550 posts
16,305 battles

Is Pommern worth a secondaries build, or even a hybrid build?  I see the official WG recommendation is to avoid a secondaries build.  

Members
2,009 posts
28,719 battles

It's a good secondaries boat. If I want to avoid secondaries play, I choose another nation's BB.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,038 posts
4,513 battles

It's a big Tirpitz, with hydro and very high potential main battery DPM. 

Equipment should probably be for main battery; you'll delete anything 11km out anyway. Captain skills could go either way.

[NOBUL]
Members
68 posts
11,550 battles

Everything about a Pommern suggests it is built to push in.... Armor layout, secondaries, torps,.  Main gun accuracy at range is meh ... but push in and the fun begins...add Lutgen's for sprinkles.  The main gun dispersion module adds a fair value so it's up to your play style. 

[SOFOP]
Members
2,486 posts
15,380 battles

The ship is designed for brawling and honestly, I was surprised at how well she can hold up in one (aside from the torp tubes that seem to break if someone looks at them wrong).

Without Manual Secondaries, you will be lucky to hit anything at all with the secondaries, even point blank.  So at that point, the secondaries become more of an alert system that someone is near than an effective damage dealer (though its free damage that you don't have to worry about, which is good). 

Personally, since the German guns and I have never got along the best, I go for a pretty much full secondary build on my german boats and am building a second captain for a more survivalist build (fireproof, cooldown reductions, etc).

I could definetley see a full secondary build, all the way with AFT, BFT, Manual and possibly IFHE...along with all the modules (2 modules that impact secondaries), and then Lutjens on top of that......thats a TON of secondary fire....

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Does Pommern have the same hit point pool at FDG?

[BNKR]
Members
1,653 posts
2,818 battles
23 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Does Pommern have the same hit point pool at FDG?

More than stock but just under B hull. 81,900 vs 84,300. Stock FdG is 72,500. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this