You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ferrytap

Action figures for the Azur Lane ships

18 comments in this topic

[FFG30]
Members
123 posts
6,617 battles

image.thumb.png.0c95df2b5db4b75f33b2cc7c6e620f53.png

Transformers have action figures on the ship. Where is the azur lane action figures?
We demand the action figures!

image.png.78e0419247394a255c60f20a45d9b19c.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2

[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles

Aren't those figures just animated in port? I heard that the robots are just a static part of the turret in battles.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[FFG30]
Members
123 posts
6,617 battles
1 minute ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Aren't those figures just animated in port? I heard that the robots are just a static part of the turret in battles.

They are very much animated. Other than the main action figure, they also have minions operating the turrets.

[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles
1 minute ago, Ferrytap said:

They are very much animated. Other than the main action figure, they also have minions operating the turrets.

Really? Now that sounds nice... frankly.

Maybe I'll grab the Kurfurst one, just for the lulz... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Or not, since I'm not into Transformers... lel. :Smile_trollface:

[LSNB]
Members
1,719 posts
6,130 battles

I think I'd be more interested in Transformers if I watched its cartoons. Alas, fate decided that I watch anime instead.

It's still pretty cool to hear that the camos are animated, though.

Edited by destawaits

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,808 posts
21,731 battles

Wouldn't AL 'action figures' (avatars is a better word I think?) basically be so tiny as to be just barely visible specs during normal gameplay, unless you specifically zoom in on them at the exclusion of - well, situational awareness?

[FFG30]
Members
123 posts
6,617 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

Wouldn't AL 'action figures' (avatars is a better word I think?) basically be so tiny as to be just barely visible specs during normal gameplay, unless you specifically zoom in on them at the exclusion of - well, situational awareness?

Art form ignores size relativity. Because of that, we can enlarge the action figures and put them behind the main turret and drive the ship. 

image.png.a7ac2a5a52917714143b815196295098.png

[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

Good point, Mr. Lert. I think that's a real problem, since the Azur Lane anime show made it pretty clear that the ship girls are normal human sized. They'd look tiny on the ships.

Instead, I rather would like to see a Live2D avatar, moving and looking alive, just above the ammo & the consumable layout at the bottom center of the screen, during the battle. I think that would fit better for the AL ships.

Edited by Blorgh2017

Members
4,693 posts
45,659 battles

Hmm, at a great risk of being fatally beaten. I may like the transformers as I did in fact grow up with them, but adding anime avatars that move about my consumables would set a dangerous precedent. And the eventual Spaceballs joke of .."No sir, I did not see you playing with your dolls, again!" GRENADE will most likely be lobbed far too often as if a crate (pun intended) full of them was left out. 

I suggest WG test market this extensively, but don't under any circumstances include me in that. 

I will have to pass. I am already ahem, embedded(not an intentional pun, not, really) with ship waifus. They are just ship captains. 

Oh, and Roon, oh please, keep her voice down. She is scaring my dog when she shouts. My dog thinks I am being beaten.  I actually have to turn the volume down. Sometimes she is pleasant, then suddenly she shouts when I fire the guns. I may have to put her in CVs. It seems her voice over is more pleasant there.  

Why can't they all be like ARP Nachi?

Members
2,845 posts
15,096 battles
8 hours ago, Ferrytap said:

Where is the azur lane action figures?
We demand the action figures!

8 hours ago, Lert said:

8 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Good point, Mr. Lert. I think that's a real problem, since the Azur Lane anime show made it pretty clear that the ship girls are normal human sized. They'd look tiny on the ships.

Instead, I rather would like to see a Live2D avatar, moving and looking alive, just above the ammo & the consumable layout at the bottom center of the screen, during the battle. I think that would fit better for the AL ships.

Lets take it a step further:  replace the AL ships with the actual girls and include their rigging.

So instead of the full size ship, you have a girl skating over the top of the ocean with huge guns on her back blasting away.

:Smile_trollface:  and people complain about shooting DDs now....... Try shooting a human sized BB-girl from range.

[SPTR]
Members
4,021 posts
1,021 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Lets take it a step further:  replace the AL ships with the actual girls and include their rigging.

So instead of the full size ship, you have a girl skating over the top of the ocean with huge guns on her back blasting away.

:Smile_trollface:  and people complain about shooting DDs now....... Try shooting a human sized BB-girl from range.

Oh man, I wanna be a tiny Kaga skating around...

[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Slayer said:

You mean like the side-show game for Azur Lane, the Azur Lane Crosswave...? LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

(On a side note, too bad that ALC is more of a glorified visual novel with action gameplay sprinkled in between scenes... with plenty of grinding to do, lel. :Smile_teethhappy:)

Members
179 posts
2,596 battles

The main thing I think is doing a transformers collab with no way of transforming would have been too easy to dismiss. Being able to show them transforming on deck is part of the whole appeal.

Members
2,845 posts
15,096 battles
42 minutes ago, Gramzon_the_Dragon said:

The main thing I think is doing a transformers collab with no way of transforming would have been too easy to dismiss. Being able to show them transforming on deck is part of the whole appeal.

....but Rumble?  Why Rumble?

Why not everyone's favorite backstabber?

tumblr_lrbelgC8DZ1r20x9do6_r3_250.gif

Members
470 posts
8,506 battles
12 hours ago, destawaits said:

I think I'd be more interested in Transformers if I watched its cartoons. Alas, fate decided that I watch anime instead.

It's still pretty cool to hear that the camos are animated, though.

Technically speaking, The Transformers can be classed as anime...it was animated in Japan.  And it was taken over by the Japanese after the American stories ended after the third/fourth season, who ran with a few more series before stopping and it coming back with Beast Wars (done in Canada).  And that's before the Japanese and others started doing alternate timelines.  So that was all G1 era stuff.

Edited by ithekro
  • Cool 1

Members
179 posts
2,596 battles
2 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

....but Rumble?  Why Rumble?

Why not everyone's favorite backstabber?

tumblr_lrbelgC8DZ1r20x9do6_r3_250.gif

I cant answer THAT. I'm not very familiar with the property, I actually thought they had starscream when thinking back on it after first seeing the trailer, but later realized it was a dude I didn't know.

Members
2,845 posts
15,096 battles
59 minutes ago, Gramzon_the_Dragon said:

I cant answer THAT. I'm not very familiar with the property, I actually thought they had starscream when thinking back on it after first seeing the trailer, but later realized it was a dude I didn't know.

Megatron is obvious, as is Optimus Prime. Both were the Leaders of the opposing forces and feature very prominently in the series. 

Bumblebee (Goldbug) was kind of a central character of the original Generation 1 cartoon until the movie (the 1986 movie). Bumblebee has since been a primary character of the live action movies as well as the recent series.

Rumble is the odd one. He was present in the cartoon, but was secondary really. I don't believe he has appeared in any of the recent series or movies.  Soundwave was featured more then Rumble.
I will note they are actually using the color scheme of the Rumble toy, vs the colors used in the cartoon.

So you get 3 well know characters, and then one that, while known, isn't quite as prominent in the series.

I should note I am a fan of the original Gen 1 series. Last year I went to Megacon in Orlando and a highlight of that weekend was this:

20190516_200437.thumb.jpg.cef06df0ff1c9f72bcc50f724727f2e6.jpg

A Panel with Peter Cullen and Frank Welker, the original Gen 1 voices for Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Edited by Lord_Slayer