You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
1Sherman

Easily the best "first game in a ship" I've ever had.

7 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
6,679 posts
3,338 battles

So I finally got enough free XP to sell off my FDG and upgrade to the Grosser Kurfurst, and once I'd equipped her 16.5 inch guns I decided to take her out for a spin. I usually have a good first game in my new ships, but this is something I'd never have expected. It started out pretty well: I brawled a Kremlin in the first little bit and traded long-range shots with a Yamato, a Petro, and a Balansgrad before farming damage on the broadside of an enemy GK. What sent this over the edge and made it one of my highest damage games ever was the 5 citadel, 50k Dev Strike I got on the enemy Thunderer near the end. It was so unexpected that I actually apologized to the poor soul in chat. It ended up being the last shots I fired in the match, so I guess you could say I went out with a bang.

shot-20_08.06_23_54.45-0262.thumb.jpg.8c7c1f4437d39a858caab8e817c7b856.jpg

I think I might be falling in love with this ship. Her guns hit like the Montana's (even if they aren't as accurate), but she's tougher and has better secondaries. She turns about as well as a semi-truck with a flat tire though, but I can live with that. If this keeps up, I might just have a ship that can contend with the NC and the Blyska as my favourite I've ever played.

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,690 posts
23,735 battles
10 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

So I finally got enough free XP to sell off my FDG and upgrade to the Grosser Kurfurst, and once I'd equipped her 16.5 inch guns I decided to take her out for a spin. I usually have a good first game in my new ships, but this is something I'd never have expected. It started out pretty well: I brawled a Kremlin in the first little bit and traded long-range shots with a Yamato, a Petro, and a Balansgrad before farming damage on the broadside of an enemy GK. What sent this over the edge and made it one of my highest damage games ever was the 5 citadel, 50k Dev Strike I got on the enemy Thunderer near the end. It was so unexpected that I actually apologized to the poor soul in chat. It ended up being the last shots I fired in the match, so I guess you could say I went out with a bang.

shot-20_08.06_23_54.45-0262.thumb.jpg.8c7c1f4437d39a858caab8e817c7b856.jpg

I think I might be falling in love with this ship. Her guns hit like the Montana's, but she's tougher and has better secondaries. She turns about as well as a semi-truck with a flat tire though, but I can live with that. If this keeps up, I might just have a ship that can contend with the NC and the Blyska as my favourite I've ever played.

Gearing completely stock.

224 k.

4 kills.

15 seconds from solo warrior.....

Dam Henri......

Set my all time damage record by 50k....

I hadn't come close to that level until ranked sprint with my Halland.

BTW congrats nice game.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
6,679 posts
3,338 battles
39 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Gearing completely stock.

224 k.

4 kills.

15 seconds from solo warrior.....

Dam Henri......

Set my all time damage record by 50k....

I hadn't come close to that level until ranked sprint with my Halland.

BTW congrats nice game.

Thanks.

Funnily enough, I also just recently got the Gearing, but I've been having a couple problems with her by contrast. Every time I go to take a cap at the beginning of a match, I'm met by at least one Radar cruiser, a Swedish DD, and half the enemy team. Ten seconds later, 80% of my HP's gone and I have to skulk about the back lines in order to keep from being obliterated. I enjoyed the Fletcher, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to get used to the Gearing.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,690 posts
23,735 battles
29 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Thanks.

Funnily enough, I also just recently got the Gearing, but I've been having a couple problems with her by contrast. Every time I go to take a cap at the beginning of a match, I'm met by at least one Radar cruiser, a Swedish DD, and half the enemy team. Ten seconds later, 80% of my HP's gone and I have to skulk about the back lines in order to keep from being obliterated. I enjoyed the Fletcher, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to get used to the Gearing.

Flank.

Cap later.

Torp. The bad bbs.

[TIMT]
Members
1,708 posts
5,591 battles
3 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

I enjoyed the Fletcher, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to get used to the Gearing. 

Had a similar experience when I got her, still not really used to her. Fletcher was nice but Gearing leans more towards being a torpedo DD instead of gunboat, at least in todays MM. Oddly enough, after grinding her for so long and looking forward to it I now only play Daring as T10 DD.

On topic, my first game in Yorck (fully stock) set the damage record (164k) for her, from then on it only went downhill until I freeXP'ed the rest for Hipper.

[1CVDV]
Members
263 posts
12,349 battles

nice game,so congrats on that...however not trying to be a Debbie downer.i do believe wg has installed a rng meter on first time taking ship out.its like a high hopes meter(kinda like when people do crack/herion for the first time).you go out and have a killer outing.next time you take ship out you cant hit s***,nothing goes right,then you get blapped.the romance is OVER...