Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Three DD Div attack thwarted by team

6 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,981
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

Well tonight there were four red dds, three of them div'd. A Kidd, Akizuki and Oland. Which left the fourth one, a Z46 free to roam. I notified the team the DDs would try to push through the team to me then keep going. They were not, later verified, the original proposers of the concept. But indeed, they stuck to the plan. Full tilt from the start, they pushed hard to break through. 

I was in my Graf Z. 

Man our team was so good, so very good. Once they saw what I had suggested was happening, they bound together as a frickin' team. As many had projected too... as the threesome was held at bay they had no dd force on our east side of the map - we had two. Our team, in the words of one player, said, "Wow the whole east side just melted". 

At the end of the match, we lost four ships - they lost eleven. I finished sixth, no kills, a tad under 60K dmg dealt. 

I really enjoy matches that truly come together. Thanks everyone!!! 

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,905
[RLGN]
Members
16,190 posts
28,079 battles

That’s what they get for not following the meme.

Nothing to do with FlatPacks; just Yankees and Akis. :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,089
[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,105 posts
4,342 battles
4 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

 

I was in my Graf Z. 

 

That's already a wrinkle in their plan, Graf can probably take on two of them on her own:Smile_teethhappy:

The 3 DD thing is really only successful because you have 3 (usually high skill) players working together. Against the usual random team that's usually enough to carry. But all it takes is a bit of teamwork (and a good radar ship) and that push comes apart quick, and then the reds are at a DD disadvantage with usually bad results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,981
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
7 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

That’s what they get for not following the meme.

Nothing to do with FlatPacks; just Yankees and Akis. :Smile_hiding:

True.. I realized that later - but it could have succeeded. If I had said nothing I think they may have been able to push through. But when I look at how galvanized the team became, my warnings may only have had a minor effect. I had some seriously solid players on the team. 

 

8 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

That's already a wrinkle in their plan, Graf can probably take on two of them on her own:Smile_teethhappy:

I'm not that good - yet. :cap_haloween:

 

9 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

... that push comes apart quick, and then the reds are at a DD disadvantage with usually bad results.

Indeed the west side held everyone at bay - three dds at least, plus three additional ships were held off. 

Oh yea - I did not catch the player's name - but I'd originally driven back to the border. When we were down to one dd left, I (stupidly) clicked the map to get moving. Couple minutes later I'm still stern-in the border. Short curse, manually make the needed adjustments. I was literally all alone when I tried moving and then... 

WOW a team mate drove BACK to my location and inserted his ship between me and the oncoming red ships. I'd just seen Aeroon this past week, pointing out how rare this is in a random match - but there he/she was. 

Guys, it was just a ton of fun match. Whoo hoo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,630
[PVE]
Members
8,500 posts
24,587 battles
38 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well tonight there were four red dds, three of them div'd. A Kidd, Akizuki and Oland. Which left the fourth one, a Z46 free to roam. I notified the team the DDs would try to push through the team to me then keep going. They were not, later verified, the original proposers of the concept. But indeed, they stuck to the plan. Full tilt from the start, they pushed hard to break through. 

I was in my Graf Z. 

Man our team was so good, so very good. Once they saw what I had suggested was happening, they bound together as a frickin' team. As many had projected too... as the threesome was held at bay they had no dd force on our east side of the map - we had two. Our team, in the words of one player, said, "Wow the whole east side just melted". 

At the end of the match, we lost four ships - they lost eleven. I finished sixth, no kills, a tad under 60K dmg dealt. 

I really enjoy matches that truly come together. Thanks everyone!!! 

Was it a fairly well known unicorn division or just some random players following there MO?

BTW...you should post the after battle screen shot & name & praise your team.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,179
[PISD]
Members
1,921 posts
6,308 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

The 3 DD thing is really only successful because you have 3 (usually high skill) players working together. Against the usual random team that's usually enough to carry. But all it takes is a bit of teamwork (and a good radar ship) and that push comes apart quick, and then the reds are at a DD disadvantage with usually bad results.

Bascially. It's not like the 8-9-9 of Yuro where any average player can make it happens. But the same 3 unicum in 3 Izumo and they will probably get it done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×