You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ghostar_1

Learning to Destroy-er

5 comments in this topic

Members
134 posts
2,434 battles

Hi All,

I've received some only-DD directives, and thought: Why not?

Currently i have: Shinonome (VI) and Monaghan (VI) that i have never used and Siroco (V) (Jaguar (V) i do not use, seems to be worse than Sciroco) and Guepard (VI)

I feel more comfortable using Guepard than Sciroco and the results are different. Take note that i only play these in COOP NOT Random.

• Currently learning how to aim and shoot without zooming.
  • I use my torpedoes at 5-6km or less (8km max) for the kill or a little far to distract the AI
  • Use them more like a very-fast cruiser than a DD.
  • Only use HE because...to whom will i pen with a 130mm or below?
  • Usually go for the cap, if craphit the ffan or more than 2 red i kick the engine boost and  when gunning the target the main battery relaoder boost.

Usually i kill 1 or 2 boats, hit with 2 or 3 torps and perform 30-50k damage.

What else do i need to ponder or need to practice / learn?

Thanks.

[PISD]
Members
1,921 posts
6,332 battles
10 minutes ago, Ghostar_1 said:

Only use HE because...to whom will i pen with a 130mm or below?

Funny enough, many ships. Against Cruisers and some BB, if they show broadside you will be better of shooting AP at the nose, stern or the upper belt. With some, especially French, you can even reliably citadel Cruisers within 8km.

[ICO]
Members
98 posts
10,097 battles

Yesterday AP saved my bacon in my Daring, I was within 3-4 km of a light cruiser we've come to hate because it's OP and I launched torps into his smoke and he emerged and I switched to AP in my Daring (113mm guns) angling myself and finished him quickly even though his health was near max, something that wouldn't be possible with HE. I got 3 citadels within seconds. 

Edited by Systemlord_1

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,967 battles
On 8/6/2020 at 6:03 PM, Ghostar_1 said:

Hi All,

I've received some only-DD directives, and thought: Why not?

Currently i have: Shinonome (VI) and Monaghan (VI) that i have never used and Siroco (V) (Jaguar (V) i do not use, seems to be worse than Sciroco) and Guepard (VI)

I feel more comfortable using Guepard than Sciroco and the results are different. Take note that i only play these in COOP NOT Random.

• Currently learning how to aim and shoot without zooming.
  • I use my torpedoes at 5-6km or less (8km max) for the kill or a little far to distract the AI
  • Use them more like a very-fast cruiser than a DD.
  • Only use HE because...to whom will i pen with a 130mm or below?
  • Usually go for the cap, if craphit the ffan or more than 2 red i kick the engine boost and  when gunning the target the main battery relaoder boost.

Usually i kill 1 or 2 boats, hit with 2 or 3 torps and perform 30-50k damage.

What else do i need to ponder or need to practice / learn?

Thanks.

Hello captain, I make destroyer videos for my youtube channel Meta_Man2002 with strategy and tips, check them.out if you get a chance...I don't agree with the zoom out practice....when im aiming on fast ships I use usually 1-2clicks from zoomed in....have fun and good luck

Members
134 posts
2,434 battles

Thanks both!

And indeed AP is very powerful in this ship, i've cit' some Aobas and other cruisers with AP at close range.