Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptSalt

Premium ship Prices Inflation ? fix some ship add operations

7 comments in this topic

Members
45 posts
15,287 battles

So I was looking at the new Ship prices and to think someone gonna pay $200.00 for a t9 german cruiser with bb dispersion and a T6 CV .

Come on Wargaming, what are you guys thinking?  you are gonna sell half of the stuff because the prices are so high. 

I mean this is supposed to be free to play game, and you are selling ships for 100.00 each... Yea it comes with a few flags and a 10 point captain.  But a 10 point capt with the right flags can be ground out in a day easily. 

Personally I love the new german Iron Cross camos and I would rather buy 10 of those for 10 bucks each then get a ship that has no growth other than to what? say you have it?

There is so many ships that at this point have become useless to the most part because you keep adding unrealistic mechanics. SAP Shells , Cruiser able to out DPM  BB"s 

ZAO is so under ranged now it lost almost all gameplay. Mater of fact I only see the Zao in coops. 

Kaba you never see anymore. 

Z52 seldom 

Still haven't seen the Legendary upgrades for the Tier 10 CV's

No new maps or operations for a long time.  

Would love to see bigger maps with more ships.  Maybe some type of full-grown Operation for 50 ship clans to be able to have like Peral Harbor attack.  Game getting stale.  Nothing to grind out and nothing new to do.  

[OIL-1]
Members
1,510 posts

In case you've been out of the loop, we are on the cusp of runaway inflation. Grocery prices are up. Everything is up. WG is simply adapting to the trend.

Members
45 posts
15,287 battles

yea well you cant make 6 trillion dollars and give it away and expect things to stay the same, But 100.00 ships in a game?

[V1-PI]
Members
442 posts
10,323 battles

and i don't. i havent opened my wallet since the PR nightmare., 

i have said over and over that making lower priced bundles to help grinding for $20 usd would make them more over time than the big ticket items and be more stable as well. they keep ignoring it because spreadsheet? i don't know or care any more. 

Members
907 posts

My guess is that the cratering Russian economy has more to do with the price increases than anything else. Bringing in euros and dollars is a huge deal, since those currencies are performing much better than the ruble. Even if the money stays offshore and is thus (theoretically) out of reach for the Russian kleptocracy, it's still a good idea for WG to have access to stable money from a business perspective.

This is likely why you aren't seeing new maps or game engine fixes, but are seeing new ships: maps and game fixes don't bring in money.

Members
4,389 posts
3,255 battles

If you but the ships without the bloat, the Loewenhardt is $25, which is cheaper than the Arizona. And the Pommern at $77 is the same price as the Georgia, which has been out quite a while. The packages with all the goodies are going up in price, but the ships themselves seem to be steady. 

And you can't blame a company for charging what the market will bear. Someone has to keep the lights on. 

Sign in to follow this