Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gebert906

Kaisermarine Ensign/Jack

4 comments in this topic

[G-4W]
Members
198 posts
7,314 battles

The Hamburg port now has the Kaisermarine ensign flying (best ensign imo), along with the Imperial jack.

In this season of Ranked they’re giving out the yellow striped Weimar one (yuck imo). I know a lot of people have been asking for the Imperial ensign on the Imperial ships, and why not, the Russians have the historically accurate ensigns of the Russian Empire and USSR. Some have pointed to a supposed controversy surrounding the ensign/jack as a potential reason why WG hasn’t put them in the game, but with the both in Hamburg port, this theory now doesn’t seem to hold up.

Why doesn’t WG put the ensign on the historically appropriate ships, and/or at the very least, award the jack for completing the new German collection like other collections have awarded flags? It would add some more flavor on top of just the alternate camo and second flag. I know many couldn’t care less, but there are a lot of fans who like the historical aspect of the game. 

I realize this isn’t exactly a new topic, but since the ensign and jack are flying in Hamburg, I thought it was at least relevant at the moment. 

48FB1FB1-72D9-4AE7-BAEB-83BB9720E913.png

303EAC24-88F7-40CA-A4C7-998A5AAAA7E3.png

[SALVO]
Members
26,305 posts
30,300 battles

It is entirely possible that the offending ensigns/flags were included in the port by accident, and don't represent any actual stance on WG's part.  And if this happens to be  true, they have no  reason to change their position on the flags that ships mount, at least if they fix the port to not show the flags if they're there by accident.

Honestly, this doesn't see to be, colloquially speaking, a fight over a "hill that people are willing to die on".

Members
2,177 posts
6,478 battles

Because certain flags from Germany still maintain a lot of controversy in Germany and some surrounding countries, Why stir the pot......

[G-4W]
Members
198 posts
7,314 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

It is entirely possible that the offending ensigns/flags were included in the port by accident, and don't represent any actual stance on WG's part.  And if this happens to be  true, they have no  reason to change their position on the flags that ships mount, at least if they fix the port to not show the flags if they're there by accident.

Kind of a stretch to think they’re in the port by accident imo. The port was specifically redesigned for this update. 

Sign in to follow this