Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Khafni

Free Premiums (thus far). Thanks!

10 comments in this topic

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,490 posts
23,944 battles

RNG has smiled on me a bit this year. I've accrued four premium ships thus far wIthout spending any money on them. Thanks to WG's release of the RU cruiser split, I now have the premium versions of Moskva and Kirov  in my port. Also thanks to @Hapa_Fodder for his contests every week. Last week I won the Scharnhorst in his "Tier VII Trouble" contest. I routinely enter to get the cammo and had a pleasant surprise this week. Since I already had Scharnhorst I turned the 9500 doubloons and a coupon around for Ochakov. Free stuff is great, WG, please continue!

Special thanks to @Ducky_shot for his competition earlier this year offering a Makarov. Timing was perfect for me to win the only T6 premium I didn't have in port. Kudos to all you individuals who have the time and resources to give to the community! (BTW, I've watched your stream on occasion and I've yet to see you sink!)

Now the only thing left is to pull a ship from a daily container...

• Cool 6

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
2 minutes ago, Khafni said:

RNG has smiled on me a bit this year. I've accrued four premium ships thus far wIthout spending any money on them. Thanks to WG's release of the RU cruiser split, I now have the premium versions of Moskva and Kirov  in my port. Also thanks to @Hapa_Fodder for his contests every week. Last week I won the Scharnhorst in his "Tier VII Trouble" contest. I routinely enter to get the cammo and had a pleasant surprise this week. Since I already had Scharnhorst I turned the 9500 doubloons and a coupon around for Ochakov. Free stuff is great, WG, please continue!

Special thanks to @Ducky_shot for his competition earlier this year offering a Makarov. Timing was perfect for me to win the only T6 premium I didn't have in port. Kudos to all you individuals who have the time and resources to give to the community! (BTW, I've watched your stream on occasion and I've yet to see you sink!)

Congratulations! Always good to see happy people posting!

[GGWP]
Members
7,589 posts
17,954 battles
39 minutes ago, Khafni said:

You clearly haven't watched very long... :Smile_teethhappy: Glad you like the Makarov, it's one of my favorite ships.You won that with Haida, right?

Edited by Ducky_shot

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
16 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Please take this in the right light, 'kay... 

"You've managed to pull more than one thing out of...." :cap_haloween:

"... this game so a ship in daily container? No problem". 

But some would say speaking of it jinxed it. 

Congrats to one of the luckiest players on the forum. 

• Funny 1

[WMD]
Members
1,929 posts
10,964 battles

Be careful what you wish for, the one and only time I have received a ship from a daily container it was the Hill... lol

I still haven't even really looked at her, as I don't play T5 much at all. Maybe she's a good boat, maybe not, but at the very least I know I'll never get her again. Might also be useful if they do another "flakes" event. 

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,211 posts
12,875 battles
17 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

Be careful what you wish for, the one and only time I have received a ship from a daily container it was the Hill... lol

I still haven't even really looked at her, as I don't play T5 much at all. Maybe she's a good boat, maybe not, but at the very least I know I'll never get her again. Might also be useful if they do another "flakes" event. 

Hill is actually a quite capable t5 gunboat....but not to take away from the post I tend to agree that WG gives many free ships through various ways. I personally like the last few events where a low tier premium is part of the grind. Well done

• Cool 1

Members
4,693 posts
45,659 battles
7 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Please take this in the right light, 'kay... 

"You've managed to pull more than one thing out of...." :cap_haloween:

"... this game so a ship in daily container? No problem". 

But some would say speaking of it jinxed it. 

Congrats to one of the luckiest players on the forum. 

Yes, one doesn't speak of it or it never happens.

There are many superstitions abounds that to get a ship from a daily container requires much, if not many sacrifices.

The top ten....

10. Sacrifice a Pokemon plushie by leaving it with excited children at a birthday party. You might be surprised at what ships you get, but you won't be feeling cheated like the crane game that you got the plushie from.

9. Sacrifice a boy band CD by setting it on fire 🔥 HUZZAH! NSYNC seems to work. Daka in a box! If you don't get a Belfast, then you didn't burn enough CDs. 97 degrees nope, try Fahrenheit 451.

8. Sacrifice a Twinkie to Baby Yoda. This works once a week it seems on getting a container, getting a ship, requires the Dark Side of the Force, but you knew that already.

7. Sacrifice a bucket of chicken (KFC), Sailor Jerry rum, and eat a Vegemite sandwich. This is hardcore and how many Perths show up in game..

6. Donate blood to a blood bank until you reach that pale vampy look. This is how to get that OP Danae ship and you save lives. Win, win. Unless you become sensitive to the light 🦇.

5. Watch a streamer play warships and ask them to sing "The Ballad of Gilligan's Island".  If by some miracle you got them to do it, survived the ordeal of hearing it, and the audience is amazed at the results, then it's a good chance you will get a container, and at least one massive BB that can't steer.

4. Go down channel in Two Brothers and survive for 100 matches while sailing a Pensacola. You either get a sweet container or you are Flambass, because doing this one IS crazy.

3. Sail Colorado with a black camo and manage to sink 6. Once you go black, nobody will mess with you in your Raging Black 'Rado. And you get cool stuff. Play while singing"Ring of Fire 🔥" might get you the Missouri.  Might.

2. Sail a CV for the First time and ask red team if they want sausage. To see the Dark Side of the game. They say the trip is unnerving and disturbing.

1. Form a ultra Nurnberg division of 3 and dominate in a match without losing a ship. (Be top 3, or all in top 5) Top 3 might get you that one Cruiser that detonates a lot, but you just might like that sort of thing.

• Funny 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
17 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

2. Sail a CV for the First time and ask red team if they want sausage. To see the Dark Side of the game. They say the trip is unnerving and disturbing.

This one was hilarious! I have to try it. 

I have a black camo for my NY from long, long ago... the writing composition/competition. Participating got it for you. It is a piece of cherished memorabilia. 

[WOLF3]
Members
615 posts
12,115 battles

Agreed, K. I now have a T-61 from the free tier 6 container, a Graff Spee from the dockyard, the Mosk, kirov. Very nice of WG to do that and i feel no entitlement to have them.

Edited by Drifter_X

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,490 posts
23,944 battles
2 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

You clearly haven't watched very long... :Smile_teethhappy: Glad you like the Makarov, it's one of my favorite ships.You won that with Haida, right?

Nope. I won that with Ark Royal in the Belly of the Whale scenario. Haida came in a close second.

Sign in to follow this