Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Multiple CV Play - uh, not really

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,981
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

4, 6 and 8 tiers are just plump full of carriers. Yes, I know there's a new line release. 

About the only time I feel a two CV per team battle is okay is when those two CVs have been uptiered two tiers. Sort of like two tier 8 cvs make up one tier 10 cv. 

But as a CV player, any other situation is really not much "fun". The surface ships are often just stomped like roaches on the floor of your kitchen in the dark of night. I'm seeing some real rollovers to be sure. 

Knowing this was coming, I sort of hoped something might have been planned to mitigate the damage. 

Aside from banning cvs, la de dah... maybe some type of rotation per player during the first week or two? The bot concept has value too, as long as the supplement is only say, two max per team, maybe? 

But stepping out of the anti-cv box many of you find yourself within, think about the bigger picture. We always go through this stuff every new type, sometimes every new ship. 

Do you feel there's a need to address the release of new product so the impact is minimalized? tia fyc

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,307
[SALVO]
Members
8,273 posts
6,142 battles
16 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

 

Do you feel there's a need to address the release of new product so the impact is minimalized? tia fyc

New CV line with tier X permacamo locked behind playing it. CV overload is bound to happen, it is designed to happen. Why it is designed that way? Don't know, maybe they like to troll the playerbase. I don't think minimizing the impact is even considered for more than 5 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,981
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

New CV line with tier X permacamo locked behind playing it. CV overload is bound to happen, it is designed to happen. Why it is designed that way? Don't know, maybe they like to troll the playerbase. I don't think minimizing the impact is even considered for more than 5 minutes.

Well I'm not a CV only person. True, I'm playing a lot these past couple weeks cause I bought the GZ "on-sale". 

But I like my other ships too and would like to think maybe, just maybe they will find a means of introducing things. 

Yet, reality is, like you say, maybe five minutes if we're fortunate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,768
[ARGSY]
Members
24,477 posts
18,460 battles
3 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Yes, I know there's a new line release. 

It's not just the new line release. The perfect storm is a combination of the line release AND a significant one-off boost for SOME players toward getting their next carrier, either in the form of a one-off ship XP boost (especially for T6 drivers without the T8 yet) or the research cost coming down (for T4 players trying to get to T6), or both depending on where they are in their carrier grinds; AND the release of a new premium T6 CV for less than half the cost of the same nation's T8. 

WG are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Someone is going to complain whatever happens. If you extend the supplementary bots above low tiers, so that you can dump opposing pairs of carriers into a full 12v12  battle ASAP and avoid the two-CV-per-side issue, the Fear-and-doom merchants are going to scream about how the game is dying. If you restrict ship types, the tinfoil-hat merchants are going to scream about how "Teh Evul Russians" are dictating what we can play. 

The other thing is that continually being bottom tier in a CV is misery if you are anything other than very good. If your planes aren't getting hacked out of the sky, the high-tier surface ships are hoovering up all the kills. Locking out and ignoring the bullying trolls who would take an almost orgasmic joy in CV players' lives constantly being miserable, you and I know this is not an acceptable solution.

I agree that some sort of algorithmic tweak to prevent pairs of Tier 8 carriers being put in a battle otherwise filled with Tier 6 and 7 (and likewise for T10 vs 8) would not go amiss. 

I think this particular patch has had the bad luck to occur at a point when the ban-CV bullies are at their worst... although the recent furore seems to have dropped off a little, which makes me wonder whether some people are taking extended or possibly permanent furloughs from the forums or even the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,981
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think this particular patch has had the bad luck to occur at a point when the ban-CV bullies are at their worst... although the recent furore seems to have dropped off a little, which makes me wonder whether some people are taking extended or possibly permanent furloughs from the forums or even the game. 

Well... I dunno  about the absence.... had a fellow "team mate" fire on my GZ this morning, taking nearly 9K health from me. We won the match, I managed to squeak out 62,500 dmg but when I was sunk, he congratulated the red team on sinking "our" carrier, then bragged about taking my health. I often wonder in such instances if they don't have someone on the red team they are chatting with, via discord, phone or smoke signals. 

I can't recall the last time, if ever, I was fired on by a team mate when I was driving a CV. So it might be debatable ;-) 

I'm happy to see you agree some type of adjustment to the Al Gore rhythms ought to be considered.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,768
[ARGSY]
Members
24,477 posts
18,460 battles
2 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well... I dunno  about the absence.... had a fellow "team mate" fire on my GZ this morning, taking nearly 9K health from me. We won the match, I managed to squeak out 62,500 dmg but when I was sunk, he congratulated the red team on sinking "our" carrier, then bragged about taking my health. I often wonder in such instances if they don't have someone on the red team they are chatting with, via discord, phone or smoke signals. 

Put in a ticket. Even without the possibility of treasonous communications, I detect a whiff of TOS/EULA violation and he might find himself paying heavily for his misdeed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
667
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,476 posts

It's akin to intentionally shoving DD's out of smoke or parking right behind them and drawing fire because you openly say how much you hate DDs.

1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Put in a ticket. Even without the possibility of treasonous communications, I detect a whiff of TOS/EULA violation and he might find himself paying heavily for his misdeed. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,981
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Put in a ticket. Even without the possibility of treasonous communications, I detect a whiff of TOS/EULA violation and he might find himself paying heavily for his misdeed. 

Yup I think that's a possibility. Have a good un! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,768
[ARGSY]
Members
24,477 posts
18,460 battles
1 minute ago, StoptheViolins said:

It's akin to intentionally shoving DD's out of smoke

Or a British light cruiser (particularly but not exclusively).

I've had that happen to me more times than I want to remember. Sometimes it's accidental because the BB who's doing it has the right to dodge torps just as much as I do, but sometimes you end up as their bulldozer blade for an extended period of time, and it's very clear that they're using you as an unwilling meatshield with absolutely no intention of shifting their rudder in a way that would let you disengage. 

I've complimented people who teamkilled me (for good manners) because they had the guts to apologise for their cluck-up, but there is nothing that can make me forgive someone who uses my ship in the above fashion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351
[SIMP]
Members
1,412 posts
11,927 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

New CV line with tier X permacamo locked behind playing it. CV overload is bound to happen, it is designed to happen. Why it is designed that way? Don't know, maybe they like to troll the playerbase. I don't think minimizing the impact is even considered for more than 5 minutes.

Why is it designed that way?

Because they spent a lot of time and effort to increase CV game play and they have to demonstrate that and they need to boost CV play numbers to stay out of gulag.

It has to be demonstrated in spreadsheets. 

So they do things the way they do.

As for why T10 CV is important? The great SerB points out in WoT.

X% have end game artillery, ignore the complainers. (He actually called them crayfish if I recall correctly)

See the parallel?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,117
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,169 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The other thing is that continually being bottom tier in a CV is misery if you are anything other than very good.

I didnt think I was very good at CV...and I enjoy tier 10 games with my Lexington...and even my stock Shokaku is not 'misery' in a tier 10 game...

...maybe Im better than I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×