Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

California Loves CVs

9 comments in this topic

[O7]
Supertester
425 posts
13,540 battles

We get it. California is your waifu.  

Don't need to make a new post every week declaring your love for your waifu. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,225 posts
28,105 battles
6 minutes ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

Husbando, perhaps, in Soshi's case.

[-AFK-]
Members
1,282 posts
15,962 battles
10 minutes ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

You just mad you cannot love something artificial that will never love you back 

Members
4,476 posts
4,779 battles

I take that you see Cali as a challenge and are trying to make it work, or has gone through the seven stages of grief. 

Edited by Yoshiblue
  • Funny 1

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,660 posts
8,231 battles
1 hour ago, TheTrickpony said:

great example of how staying alive wins games.

So you are saying that rushing into three battleships in a light cruiser when you have all the caps is a bad idea? Nonsense, don't be silly, we are warships not pansy steamboats! 

[CNO]
Members
6,594 posts
19,839 battles
8 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Pity, I really thought you were going to get an AA Defence Expert medal there! 

Yeah...but I killed both CVs!  Granted, my team did the lion's share of the attrition on both, but getting two CV kills in a slow lumbering beast of a California...that's an achievement.

And that 23km spotter kill...that was super cool because when I fired he was...like 75%(?) or so health and I was just hoping to attrit a bit.  I was already working the MA when the kill symbol/sound popped up...very surprising to me.  Had to check the replay to see what happened...the CV took a lot of damage while my shells were in flight so that landing one was enough to finish it.

One other important thing about California in general, that some are not aware of.  I wasn't aware until after my first 50 or so games, when I decided to look over the armor profile more closely.  It gets bad marks for having overpen armor (that many T7 BBs have), but the Easter egg of sorts is WG gave it 31 mm top plate over a portion of back of ship.  If I did the numbers right (someone can correct me if I'm wrong about the other 18 inchers), the only ship that you will meet that can overmatch that is Musashi.  So an angled kite position will give you some protection against everything but 18.1 inchers.  You're still vulnerable to 15 inch overmatch in the rear, and over the rear.  But as RNG will spread some of the rounds to the mid rear deck, some of those "would be pens" become ricochets.  I was using this positioning at the end versus the MA.  Any 16 inchers that hit the 31mm plate will richochet.   When you gotta squeeze everything you can from an engagement, that 31mm can make a difference.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this