Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralQ

No Russian bias? PLEASE

61 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

569
[T-R-F]
Banned
677 posts
19,142 battles

Note again a Russian [edited] ship. while the us 2nd BB line is just crap WG. Russian had a crap fleet at this time. deal with it. Stop makign these [edited] ships with an insane perk while the rest of the lines suffer.

  • Cool 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,056
[OIL-1]
Members
1,446 posts

That's how MOBAs work. By next year the Russian ships will be obsolete and the new ships will be OP.
Same game, different name.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
661
[-AFK-]
Members
1,266 posts
15,896 battles
31 minutes ago, z9_ said:

That's how MOBAs work. By next year the Russian ships will be obsolete and the new ships will be OP.
Same game, different name.

I remember the hate the Russian BB's got when they were released, I loved fighting them as they were exciting and new, I had a lot of fun tearing into them with both my USN BB's and KM BB's

  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,091
[ARGSY]
Members
2,015 posts
6,221 battles

According to the little Flamu carriers are still the most OP ships in the game....yet no Soviet carriers.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35,666
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,766 posts
21,666 battles

According to the little Flamu Asashio was also going to break the game. I don't put much stock into what the little fearmongering hype spewing clickbait monster is claiming.

  • Cool 11
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,091
[ARGSY]
Members
2,015 posts
6,221 battles
26 minutes ago, Lert said:

According to the little Flamu Asashio was also going to break the game. I don't put much stock into what the little fearmongering hype spewing clickbait monster is claiming.

Laughed out loud ty!

The little Flamu is a great player though everything is stupidly busted and highly questionable.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35,666
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,766 posts
21,666 battles
2 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

The little Flamu is a great player though

Very much so.

3 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

though everything is stupidly busted and highly questionable.

Yeah and that gets ooooooold after a time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,736
[O7]
Members
1,037 posts
6,149 battles

Flamu is only good when compared to the general playerbase and is considered garbage by top level players

While most of his videoes are true, the so called "Russian Bias" is something he uses for public relations

The Slava is garbage, and you would be a fool to believe what he says about the ship in the video.

This isnt hard to see, look at his average in the Slava, compare that to the averages top players get in other T10 battleships, and you will see why it is garbage in comparison.

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,830 posts
94 battles
8 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Flamu is only good when compared to the general playerbase and is considered garbage by top level players

Careful or you might just trigger the Church of Flamu

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
661
[-AFK-]
Members
1,266 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

According to the little Flamu Asashio was also going to break the game. I don't put much stock into what the little fearmongering hype spewing clickbait monster is claiming.

I like the cut of your jib, 
There is a lot of that coming from a handful of CC's 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
648
[P-V-E]
Members
1,658 posts

I don't listen to most of the CC that populate youtube or twich, as I find some court controversy or a particular view to chase viewers or to perpetuate their anti smoothing bias for as long as it gets views and people stroking their ego with like-bias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,124
[4HIM]
Members
3,285 posts
15,578 battles
4 hours ago, Lert said:

According to the little Flamu Asashio was also going to break the game.

Well, he did put up some stupid damage games in it before it was released.  But at that time few even knew what it was.  It's a good bote to play when a new BB line gets released.  If a new cruiser or CV line gets released, best to leave it in port.

And Flamu (like 99% of the YouTube CC's) tend to cherry pick games to illustrate how good a ship is.  Like showing a battle where no one shoots at them until the 18 minute mark of the game.  Heck, ANY ship is OP if no one shoots at you.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,620
[ARGSY]
Members
24,393 posts
18,350 battles
8 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Like showing a battle where no one shoots at them until the 18 minute mark of the game. 

If you want an alternative, there's that Bismarck game of mine I linked to a few days back, in which I'm repeatedly set on fire in all four sectors. :cap_haloween:

4 hours ago, Lert said:

the little fearmongering hype spewing clickbait monster

:Smile_veryhappy:

I can't stand the man on stream any more, but when he puts a how-to up on YouTube he's still at his best. 

8 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

And Flamu (like 99% of the YouTube CC's) tend to cherry pick games

I have to confess to doing this as well, but most of the time I'm careful to admit that it's done for bragging rights. And let's face it; nobody wants to waste their time watching you die quickly and achieve nothing. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
446
[GOCRY]
Members
961 posts
4 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

The Slava is garbage, and you would be a fool to believe what he says about the ship in the video.

This isnt hard to see, look at his average in the Slava, compare that to the averages top players get in other T10 battleships, and you will see why it is garbage in comparison.

In his video, he said he's only had the ship for a day, and only had about 10 games in it.  Wouldn't you expect his averages to be lower than that of players who have had years of practice in other T10 BBs?

What specifically do you think is garbage about the ship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,830 posts
19 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

In his video, he said he's only had the ship for a day, and only had about 10 games in it.  Wouldn't you expect his averages to be lower than that of players who have had years of practice in other T10 BBs?

What specifically do you think is garbage about the ship?

hes had previous versions of it for at least 6 months or more. the guns havent changed much, so damage should be similar. He himself has years of practice in other T10 BBs, so Id expect his average to be equal or better to his own previous efforts IF this was the monster OP ship as claimed.

try asking other CCs and testers about their opinions rather than taking everything the almighty flammu says as the word of God. Everyone Ive personally talked to about it prior to release rated it as just OK.

Its a niche ship, with great guns for flanking and long range shots, but low overmatch, low DPM potential, no utility, poor armour, and this adds up to a great farming ship but with a lesser map presence that relys on other ships to do the work while it sits in the back... or it can rush in and die quickly. It may as well be a French BB. I havent the RP to try it myself so I can be persuaded to change my preconceptions, but not by Flamu alone, when many other people whos opinions I value more than his suggest otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,758
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Other than having a glass chin, Slava looks like the other RU BBs.

It's an entire line of ships that looks good on paper, puts up some good numbers... but is clunky as hell, has zero flexibility, and a low fun quotient unless your fun comes from sitting bow-in and using 2/3 or 1/2 of our guns. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
446
[GOCRY]
Members
961 posts
17 minutes ago, Dareios said:

hes had previous versions of it for at least 6 months or more. the guns havent changed much, so damage should be similar. He himself has years of practice in other T10 BBs, so Id expect his average to be equal or better to his own previous efforts IF this was the monster OP ship as claimed.

try asking other CCs and testers about their opinions rather than taking everything the almighty flammu says as the word of God. Everyone Ive personally talked to about it prior to release rated it as just OK.

Its a niche ship, with great guns for flanking and long range shots, but low overmatch, low DPM potential, no utility, poor armour, and this adds up to a great farming ship but with a lesser map presence that relys on other ships to do the work while it sits in the back... or it can rush in and die quickly. It may as well be a French BB. I havent the RP to try it myself so I can be persuaded to change my preconceptions, but not by Flamu alone, when many other people whos opinions I value more than his suggest otherwise.

Thanks for the reply.  I don't take any CC/Youtuber's comments as the "Word of God".  I try to watch lot of different videos when I'm trying to find out about a ship, because everyone is going to have their own spin on it.  I'm also not going to fault someone for sharing their opinion, regardless of how they present their opinion.

I agree with your assessment of the ship.  It's a support ship,  and will struggle to push into the enemy, which is kinda what a BB is supposed to do.  However, as a cruiser main, I'm glad to see a new BB get introduced that doesn't automatically negate any armor I may have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
626
[O_O]
Members
674 posts

What's with the Flamu hate?  I'm not a follower or subscriber of him, but the work he has put in has helped thousands of players.

You can't really fault him for clickbait titles because that is unfortunately the best way to grow your product these days.

He has created videos for pretty much every ship in the game including the relevant equipment and captain skills.

What have any of you done other than sit on the WoWs general forum shouting down opinions you don't agree with?

You sound really bitter and envious, if you put in some effort, you could go from ten viewers to thousands of viewers on your streams too.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,830 posts
14 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

What's with the Flamu hate?  I'm not a follower or subscriber of him, but the work he has put in has helped thousands of players.

You can't really fault him for clickbait titles because that is unfortunately the best way to grow your product these days.

He has created videos for pretty much every ship in the game including the relevant equipment and captain skills.

What have any of you done other than sit on the WoWs general forum shouting down opinions you don't agree with?

You sound really bitter and envious, if you put in some effort, you could go from ten viewers to thousands of viewers on your streams too.

because hes a horrible toxic biased hate filled insulter, which far over-rides any ability he may have in the game. For the life of me I cant understand why WG will ban people for a single use of a bad word, or even for insinuating that someone else might be bad, but Flamu can literally spew dozens and dozens of words at his team, words that will all be instantly filtered here in the forums, and if seen by the right mods will get me a forum time-out, yet he can scream them both verbally on stream and type them in chat messages in game... and not only is he not punished, but his legion of followers worship him for his hate rants,  and WG hypocritically showers him with free gifts and holidays rather than ban him like he should be for his toxicity and breaches of EULA.

Me? Ive spent the last three years, usually several hours a day, in the QNA chat helping people with in game issues, tech problems, and understanding mechanics... all for no reward from WG, twitch, youtube and sundry. What have YOU done?

  • Cool 7
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,830 posts
94 battles
13 minutes ago, Dareios said:

because hes a horrible toxic biased hate filled insulter, which far over-rides any ability he may have in the game. For the life of me I cant understand why WG will ban people for a single use of a bad word, or even for insinuating that someone else might be bad, but Flamu can literally spew dozens and dozens of words at his team, words that will all be instantly filtered here in the forums, and if seen by the right mods will get me a forum time-out, yet he can scream them both verbally on stream and type them in chat messages in game... and not only is he not punished, but his legion of followers worship him for his hate rants,  and WG hypocritically showers him with free gifts and holidays rather than ban him like he should be for his toxicity and breaches of EULA.

Me? Ive spent the last three years, usually several hours a day, in the QNA chat helping people with in game issues, tech problems, and understanding mechanics... all for no reward from WG, twitch, youtube and sundry. What have YOU done?

Add on to that, his followers are also emulating his toxicity and elitism

  • Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
300
[WAP]
Members
584 posts
15,597 battles

You are all playing pretty old tapes when it comes to his toxicity.  His toxicity has dropped to levels that I am now a routine viewer where I was absolutely not a viewer before.  He typically gets riled up at three main things:

1. CVs - he thinks they shouldn’t be in the game and I, for one, agree with him (at least in their current implementation).  Your mileage may vary.

2. Potato TMs - players with large numbers of games Played still doing stupid stuff.

3. Anything Soviet/Russian - rooted in unrealistic ship fabrication, characteristics, and mechanics that VMF ships typically have.

IMHO, that’s a reasonable list to be riled up about.

Comp. #WV44

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
9 hours ago, AdmiralQ said:

Note again a Russian [edited] ship. while the us 2nd BB line is just crap WG. Russian had a crap fleet at this time. deal with it. Stop makign these [edited] ships with an insane perk while the rest of the lines suffer.

If you havent gone against her on ther love server since release, don't complain,  she is far from overpowered, more to punish dumb players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
300
[WAP]
Members
584 posts
15,597 battles
9 hours ago, Lert said:

According to the little Flamu Asashio was also going to break the game. I don't put much stock into what the little fearmongering hype spewing clickbait monster is claiming.

To be fair @LittleWhiteMouse did too, rating the Asashio as OVERPOWERED with a throne of skulls if I remember correctly.  Now, I am 1000% a LWM fan and will defend her against anyone, but nobody is right 100% of the time.  That she, and he, were wrong doesn’t diminish my opinion of either.  
Comp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35,666
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,766 posts
21,666 battles
Just now, TheCompGuy25 said:

To be fair @LittleWhiteMouse did too, rating the Asashio as OVERPOWERED with a throne of skulls if I remember correctly.

Yeah ... I strongly recommend you read that review again if that's what you took from it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,758
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
4 minutes ago, TheCompGuy25 said:

To be fair @LittleWhiteMouse did too, rating the Asashio as OVERPOWERED with a throne of skulls if I remember correctly.  Now, I am 1000% a LWM fan and will defend her against anyone, but nobody is right 100% of the time.  That she, and he, were wrong doesn’t diminish my opinion of either.  
Comp

Um... I'm pretty sure she specifically stopped doing those sorts of images because they were a joke, but people kept skipping the actual review and jumping to the images and taking the image/"bote rating" as the summary of her review. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×