You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dad003

The Richtofen good salt farming CV

24 comments in this topic

[5D]
Members
1,164 posts
15,500 battles

I got around 10 match in this CV today , it seem to be on par with the HAku maybe even better as long as there arent too many DD , I was able to get a confederate most of the match

Excepted for a few blow out match him pretty sure i should be able to pump my avg damage to around 160-170k a match

On my firts match i was reported twice :cap_haloween: so mission accomplish

shot-20_08.05_16_11.48-0781.thumb.jpg.27147afd1bea6dd78808b0b0f7987895.jpgshot-20_08.05_13_48.49-0641.thumb.jpg.a575e589e168e6a06a7cd5f7bea38b6c.jpg

Edited by dad003
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[GRETA]
Members
1,430 posts
10,883 battles

Nice work!  I have all the cv's currently available save for this one but primarily play T8 when I play CV.  I had been contemplating doing the damage grind for the elite cv captain insignia and had not decided which one to go with.   I am thinking not being able to/expected to hunt dd's effectively will mean I could farm damage guilt free with this boat.  I may have to give it a shot for sure!

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
1 hour ago, dad003 said:

I got around 10 match in this CV today , it seem to be on par with the HAku maybe even better as long as there arent too many DD , I was able to get a confederate most of the match

Excepted for a few blow out match him pretty sure i should be able to pump my avg damage to around 160-170k a match

On my firts match i was reported twice :cap_haloween: so mission accomplish

shot-20_08.05_16_11.48-0781.thumb.jpg.27147afd1bea6dd78808b0b0f7987895.jpgshot-20_08.05_13_48.49-0641.thumb.jpg.a575e589e168e6a06a7cd5f7bea38b6c.jpg

Nice work on the reports.  Salty salty tears.

Cant wait to see all the hate messages.

[RLGN]
Members
16,212 posts
28,085 battles
20 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Nice work on the reports.  Salty salty tears.

Cant wait to see all the hate messages.

Not so much hate message, as;

Jesus Christ. Played so many games on A.P. they already had enough xp for R?

Must be nice having the twitch skills to make using the garbage rework mechanics worthwhile.

• Meh 1

[5D]
Members
1,164 posts
15,500 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

Must be nice having the twitch skills to make using the garbage rework mechanics worthwhile.

I already had like 650k xp on the perceval

and another one

shot-20_08.05_18_21.59-0430.thumb.jpg.4a50e3c0fef315eade4d044bb008867c.jpg

• Funny 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Every time a line comes out people just buy there way up.  Sea Lord Mountbattten spent 400 to get the Ohio.  

As long as its value then I don't have a problem with it.

[RLGN]
Members
16,212 posts
28,085 battles
11 minutes ago, dad003 said:

I already had like 650k xp on the perceval

and another one

shot-20_08.05_18_21.59-0430.thumb.jpg.4a50e3c0fef315eade4d044bb008867c.jpg

Nice.

Unfortunately I was one of the apparently small percentage of players for whom RTS was fun; even if I wasn’t really good at it.

I never could really use manual attacks in RTS.

I don’t give a damn about everyone saying the FPS being easier because few things to deal with.

IT’S ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT MANUAL.

Now, in addition to a mechanic I could barely use in RTS, I have to manually dodge AA.

Such fun.

I loved RTS carriers. This FPS garbage I hate with an intensity of firm opposition.

Am I being selfish? I’ve never tried to claim otherwise.

WG can take their damn rework and go to hell as far as I’m concerned.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[RLGN]
Members
16,212 posts
28,085 battles
6 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Every time a line comes out people just buy there way up.  Sea Lord Mountbattten spent 400 to get the Ohio.  

Ultimately I don’t either.

In this particular case I forgot about the fxp option.

My bad.

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Ultimately I don’t either.

In this particular case I forgot about the fxp option.

My bad.

ok have to ask.  Was the commander pleased with the fish?

[GRETA]
Members
1,430 posts
10,883 battles
23 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I spent about 150.00, ground 2 lines and blew all my fxp to get Ohio.  It was absolutely worth it, that ship is a beast.

I have about 250k fxp banked at the moment and about 300k coal.  I'd like to fxp the red barron and buy the Pommern but until they finally announce what resource will be required for the FDR I am hesitant to spend anything.  Admittedly I have not put much seat time in the parseval so taking the time to do the grind might be in my best interest anyway. 

[RLGN]
Members
16,212 posts
28,085 battles
22 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

ok have to ask.  Was the commander pleased with the fish?

Of course.

So much so it prevented a butterfly that would have resulted in Ikazuchi becoming an Abysal, and the base being wiped out.

(Indirect reference to the non-h doujin ‘Story of a certain Ikazuchi,’ where that basically happens. Grim, but sorta-kinda a happy ending.)

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
17 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

I spent about 150.00, ground 2 lines and blew all my fxp to get Ohio.  It was absolutely worth it, that ship is a beast.

I have about 250k fxp banked at the moment and about 300k coal.  I'd like to fxp the red barron and buy the Pommern but until they finally announce what resource will be required for the FDR I am hesitant to spend anything.  Admittedly I have not put much seat time in the parseval so taking the time to do the grind might be in my best interest anyway. 

I agree.  I have enough RB for 1 ship and was going to get Ohio but FDR will most likely be in the RB so I am waiting.

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Of course.

So much so it prevented a butterfly that would have resulted in Ikazuchi becoming an Abysal, and the base being wiped out.

(Indirect reference to the non-h doujin ‘Story of a certain Ikazuchi,’ where that basically happens. Grim, but sorta-kinda a happy ending.)

I have not read a single Anami, save Voltron back in the day.  Maybe I will have to try the comic with the ships and girls.

Edited by jags_domain

[F4E]
Alpha Tester
1,145 posts
45 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Maybe I will have to try ships and girls.

Out of context, this is just...  :Smile_hiding:

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
7 minutes ago, gbgentry said:

Out of context, this is just...  :Smile_hiding:

See how easy it is.

What is the name of the aname is this from?

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,020 posts
7,825 battles

I haven't got there yet.. it will take me a while,  Playing against it though..   Its a strong CV and really will thrive against the Bow-Tanky t10 Meta IMO..  I'll bet this is the go-to for Competetive?  The only thing will be its ability to strike DDs?   I caught it twice in Riga last night and after getting spiked with  AP rockets a couple of times it just forces you to stay mobile to avoid them.  Its very uncomfortable to play against in a cruiser.     

[GRETA]
Members
1,430 posts
10,883 battles

I finally got her last night after a bit of free xp grinding and playing AVP.  I took her into a couple co op matches to see how she performed compared to the others in the line.  

Rockets, surprisingly reliable damage on both cruisers and BB's.  If you are going after a cruisers and they angle on you you can still get descent pen damage just no cits, if it is a BB just aim for the superstructure.  

Torpedoes,  fast and easy to hit stuff with.  Great for getting floods on ships that have used dcp and fast enough to catch distracted DD's.

Dive bombers.... ug these things were making me want to pull my hair out.  I have the timing down, I know when to release, how to line up bombing runs, what targets to go after etc.  What was killing me is it seems when you are in your dive and a plane dies the reticle shifts to the left.  Not by much but enough to move a perfectly placed reticle slightly over the water.  That should not be a big deal in itself but it seems these bombs are behaving similarly to the early dive bombs in the sense that they will all move in the direction of the last movement.  Back in 8.1 this allowed you to sling all your bombs up into the top of the reticle essentially stacking them in a small spot so you could reliably hit smaller targets.  In this instance on the other hand is causing all 3 bombs to head right for that ever so small sliver of reticle that is now over the water.

Granted I was using all stock planes but I am thinking the upgraded planes will work the same.  These things are going to take some getting used to.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,896 posts
2,412 battles
On 8/5/2020 at 8:37 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Nice.

Unfortunately I was one of the apparently small percentage of players for whom RTS was fun; even if I wasn’t really good at it.

I never could really use manual attacks in RTS.

I don’t give a damn about everyone saying the FPS being easier because few things to deal with.

IT’S ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT MANUAL.

Now, in addition to a mechanic I could barely use in RTS, I have to manually dodge AA.

Such fun.

I loved RTS carriers. This FPS garbage I hate with an intensity of firm opposition.

Am I being selfish? I’ve never tried to claim otherwise.

WG can take their damn rework and go to hell as far as I’m concerned.

You probably like command & Conquer don't you :fish_cute_2:

[RLGN]
Members
16,212 posts
28,085 battles
7 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

You probably like command & Conquer don't you :fish_cute_2:

Wouldn’t know. Warships was the first (and still only,) RTS I’ve ever played.

• Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,896 posts
2,412 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Wouldn’t know. Warships was the first (and still only,) RTS I’ve ever played.

I like RTS games so I guess I would have been stupidly OP on RTS CVs :Smile_honoring: But that's why I thought you would like it :Smile_hiding:

[5D]
Members
1,164 posts
15,500 battles

and another one were it a looking ot be a lost but it turned around in the last 2 min and we wont bonus i got a khaba kill with the secondary

shot-20_08_08_16_03.20-0888.thumb.jpg.37ac14d902e741456fe99f61250242e4.jpg

[5D]
Members
1,164 posts
15,500 battles

i surpassed myself a little today  the star aligned and got 2 brother  with a lot of t8-t9 and a few t10

shot-20.08.26_17.44.36-0649.jpg

Edited by dad003