You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BattleBard149

It's not paranoia if they really are after you!

9 comments in this topic

[KREW]
Members
615 posts
15,174 battles

Ahoy mates,

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, and I certainly hope not, but the last few weeks playing coop has become well-nigh intolerable to me... for one reason. THE BOTS HAVE IT IN FOR ME! I've been playing for two years as a coop main, and in all that time I've had games where I am the damage piñata, the practice target, get focused and killed immediately... we all have. But lately it has become so horrendously prevalent that it is quite honestly damaging my ability to enjoy playing the game anymore. Game after game after game after game, as soon as I am spotted/plane spotted/open fire... whatever... as soon as I am spotted I get focused by every ship with range regardless of the circumstances, islands between us, how many ships are shooting at them, or if they are currently battling other ships. It makes NO difference. The INSTANT I am spotted, all attention goes to me and I get focus-fired until I am dead. I haven't changed my playstyle, it doesn't matter the ship type/nation, and my tactics make little difference. As soon as I am spotted, I become the target, multiple ships fire at me from the gods know where,  and I die. Period.

I honestly think that this flow chart I created explains the AI's actions anytime I play... seriously.

Battlebard149.thumb.jpg.caae5f1c8c690f1131f6da6f564b5c01.jpg

It hasn't always been like this... just the last couple of months, give or take. It's like someone threw a switch and all the sudden I am bot enemy number one in most games I play now. And I have had times like this before, but never one that has lasted for months as it has now. 

It has become so bad, and so exasperating, that I am actually considering playing randoms for a while just to get away from it.

Oh, the horror!       :Smile_hiding:

Fair Seas

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

voices in my head tell me that bots will one day rise up and murder each and everyone of us,starting with the co-op mains.

[KREW]
Members
615 posts
15,174 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

voices in my head tell me that bots will one day rise up and murder each and everyone of us,starting with the co-op mains.

They've already started...

[FTY]
Members
208 posts
8,005 battles
6 minutes ago, BattleBard149 said:

Ahoy mates,

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, and I certainly hope not, but the last few weeks playing coop has become well-nigh intolerable to me... for one reason. THE BOTS HAVE IT IN FOR ME! I've been playing for two years as a coop main, and in all that time I've had games where I am the damage piñata, the practice target, get focused and killed immediately... we all have. But lately it has become so horrendously prevalent that it is quite honestly damaging my ability to enjoy playing the game anymore. Game after game after game after game, as soon as I am spotted/plane spotted/open fire... whatever... as soon as I am spotted I get focused by every ship with range regardless of the circumstances, islands between us, how many ships are shooting at them, or if they are currently battling other ships. It makes NO difference. The INSTANT I am spotted, all attention goes to me and I get focus-fired until I am dead. I haven't changed my playstyle, it doesn't matter the ship type/nation, and my tactics make little difference. As soon as I am spotted, I become the target, multiple ships fire at me from the gods know where,  and I die. Period.

I honestly think that this flow chart I created explains the AI's actions anytime I play... seriously.

It hasn't always been like this... just the last couple of months, give or take. It's like someone threw a switch and all the sudden I am bot enemy number one in most games I play now. And I have had times like this before, but never one that has lasted for months as it has now. 

It has become so bad, and so exasperating, that I am actually considering playing randoms for a while just to get away from it.

Fair Seas

Isn’t that what we need? More players in Randoms?

So then, mission accomplished, right? :cap_yes:

[KREW]
Members
615 posts
15,174 battles
6 minutes ago, CptRemy said:

Isn’t that what we need? More players in Randoms?

So then, mission accomplished, right?

Ahhhh...

So it IS a plot by WG!     :Smile_trollface:

[A4O]
Members
6 posts
8,421 battles

Battle Bard I agree with you. I watched as three ships fired at my cruiser over two of my allies between me and the enemy! I look and try to see the target painted on my ship but can't find it yet!! Like the game but hate being the target all the time!

[TDRB]
Members
5,329 posts
13,743 battles
47 minutes ago, BattleBard149 said:

Ahoy mates,

Fair Seas

I was having one of those days when it seemed the bots were shooting at no one else. My son was giving grief about complaining until shells passed through his ship & hit mine. Yes, in our kiting about we had turned into each other.