You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
theLaalaa

Perfectly Worthless Award

50 comments in this topic

Members
1,537 posts
24,433 battles

So, I submitted some T7 victory pic a week or so ago and was a runner-up winner of 7 days Premium Time. I don't buy premium time, so this was nice, even though I'll only get a few out of the 7 days worth as I have other things that must be done and it burns out Tuesday, and I can't play after Tuesday (out of town). No sweat -  I only screen-shotted for it.

Today I finish a mission chain and the yellow German container is...... 24 Hours Premium Time.

I am sick of the way this prize is granted: It starts IMMEDIATELY. Not when you have time, but IMMEDIATELY. It is the ultimate bogus that I worked a mission chain to be non-awarded. It'll kick in Tuesday when my 7 day-prize premium expires, and will tick down to nothing through Tuesday/Wednesday while I'm in flight and out of town.

Quit monkeying with esoteric sounds and geometry alterations to a few who-cares ships and do a little coding that will really matter to player satisfaction, please.... or not, and just assist in further entrenching my #NotADimeToWG attitude.

• Cool 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[KNCOL]
Members
783 posts
1,688 battles

So your having a hissyfit because you got premium for free but your busy???

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,616 posts
6,634 battles
1 minute ago, Koogus said:

first world problems.

• Funny 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,432 posts

It would be nice if the premium time awards and drops were more controllable, some sort of expendable token. 

But, it's still free premium time, so IMO it's not worth being angry about. 

• Cool 3

[WMD]
Members
1,511 posts
9,509 battles
7 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

So, I submitted some T7 victory pic a week or so ago and was a runner-up winner of 7 days Premium Time. I don't buy premium time, so this was nice, even though I'll only get a few out of the 7 days worth as I have other things that must be done and it burns out Tuesday, and I can't play after Tuesday (out of town). No sweat -  I only screen-shotted for it.

Today I finish a mission chain and the yellow German container is...... 24 Hours Premium Time.

I am sick of the way this prize is granted: It starts IMMEDIATELY. Not when you have time, but IMMEDIATELY. It is the ultimate bogus that I worked a mission chain to be non-awarded. It'll kick in Tuesday when my 7 day-prize premium expires, and will tick down to nothing through Tuesday/Wednesday while I'm in flight and out of town.

Quit monkeying with esoteric sounds and geometry alterations to a few who-cares ships and do a little coding that will really matter to player satisfaction, please.... or not, and just assist in further entrenching my #NotADimeToWG attitude.

If you care about having premium time I'd suggest buying it when it's on sale around Christmas. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
1,537 posts
24,433 battles
3 minutes ago, Koogus said:

I'm upset that some beneficial things can be banked for use (camo's/flags) but this is an uncontrollable prize. Why not just add a "Nothing" to the dice roll of what's in a container? It would be more honest.

1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

first world problems.

Yes. Yes it is. Thankfully no one is typing in forums here about snipers attacking their neighborhood.

Members
1,537 posts
24,433 battles
Just now, VeatherVitch said:

If you care about having premium time I'd suggest buying it when it's on sale around Christmas. 

It's NOT ABOUT PREMIUM TIME, it's about working a chain for a prize that is worthless to me. It could have great worth, but its automatic implementation nullifies thoroughly its value.

And if you can read my sig, you should know that "buying" from this company is a no-go. For one thing, I sure wouldn't reward it monetarily for such practices as awarding non-prizes!

[WMD]
Members
1,511 posts
9,509 battles
3 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

It's NOT ABOUT PREMIUM TIME, it's about working a chain for a prize that is worthless to me. It could have great worth, but its automatic implementation nullifies thoroughly its value.

And if you can read my sig, you should know that "buying" from this company is a no-go. For one thing, I sure wouldn't reward it monetarily for such practices as awarding non-prizes!

What about the people that can make use of the premium as it's rewarded? It's not a non-prize to them. Perhaps the intent of making it automatically activate is to incentivize playing the game more frequently, and to prevent the free premium time being horded for use during events. The general idea is to give you free premium so you get hooked on the extra credits and XP, then buy more premium time.

As to the declaration in your signature, all it does is prove to WG that you will never be pleased, so they can ignore your complaints at no real cost. 

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,994 posts
3,548 battles
16 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

first world problems.

Not at all, third world also works full weeks, 24x48 rotations, etc. Having a 24h prem land on a day you can't use it is a waste anywhere.

10 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

That's why I turned to open my containers on friday nights for this event. Adapt and overcome they say :Smile_sceptic:

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,616 posts
6,634 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

Not at all, third world also works full weeks, 24x48 rotations, etc. Having a 24h prem land on a day you can't use it is a waste anywhere.

That's why I turned to open my containers on friday nights for this event. Adapt and overcome they say :Smile_sceptic:

third world have bigger problems than to worry about FREE premium time.

• Meh 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,156 posts
9,354 battles

There's this thing called econ flags that can act as a substitute premium time you can control.

Members
1,537 posts
24,433 battles
3 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

What about the people that can make use of the premium as it's rewarded? It's not a non-prize to them. Perhaps the intent of making it automatically activate is to incentivize playing the game more frequently, and to prevent the free premium time being horded for use during events. The general idea is to give you free premium so you get hooked on the extra credits and XP, then buy more premium time.

You have a point there. I have approximately 22 days of premium time "horded" in collections I've not allowed to complete as well as 17 WG boxes I've not opened. I intend to use them when I'm short of time to complete a useful chain.

6 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

As to the declaration in your signature, all it does is prove to WG that you will never be pleased, so they can ignore your complaints at no real cost. 

I do understand that, too. But rather than one-question surveys they keep throwing me, I figured I'd put my grievances out in the open.

3 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I may move to letting the German boxes sit 'til I can assure maximum value. I was just hoping for the Pommen boat and let my hopes cloud my judgment.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,994 posts
3,548 battles
12 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

third world have bigger problems than to worry about FREE premium time.

First world also have bigger problems. Yet when you play the game to forget for a while about the bigger problems, you expect your rewards don't go to waste.

Members
95 posts
71 battles

You got a reward for free.  Free = effort of posting a screenshot.

Grats!!!

I got some steel in a SC.  If I carry on at this rate and get an average 1000 steel a year.  So in another 20 years I may be close to a steel ship.  And you consider prem days useless?!?!?!

:Smile_izmena:

Edited by Pebcac

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,854 posts
18,972 battles
1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

I am sick of the way this prize is granted

Was there any more crying you wanted to do over the stuff you got for free?

Members
1,537 posts
24,433 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Was there any more crying you wanted to do over the stuff you got for free?

Let me meet your sarcasm with a question.

If what I received is impossible for me to use, and when it is possible for me to use it, it is gone, then did I actually get anything? If not, then what I supposedly "got" I didn't actually get.

[INTEL]
Members
2,975 posts
16,220 battles

gifthorse

Not being judgmental.  I just think this is funny.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,151 posts
14,116 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It would be nice if the premium time awards and drops were more controllable, some sort of expendable token. 

But, it's still free premium time, so IMO it's not worth being angry about. 

Even making it start with the next log in would help.

[SPTR]
Members
3,870 posts
789 battles

If what I received is impossible for me to use, and when it is possible for me to use it, it is gone, then did I actually get anything? If not, then what I supposedly "got" I didn't actually get.

Just imagine you got silver then. :)

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,854 posts
18,972 battles

You got aggravated. Because you chose to rather than just let it slide. Did it make you happy to get mad over free stuff? You CHOSE to go off about it; what was the payoff?

• Meh 1

Members
1,537 posts
24,433 battles
6 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You got aggravated. Because you chose to rather than just let it slide. Did it make you happy to get mad over free stuff? You CHOSE to go off about it; what was the payoff?

I voiced a grievance over a poor mechanic. I guess I'm the first person to ever do that here. I'm sure you're right: Just letting grievances slide is a far more effective path to change rather than foment discussion with a hope of change.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,083 posts
24,518 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Even making it start with the next log in would help.

If WG would add Personal Reserves (like in Tanks,) in WoWs they could partially alleviate this as an issue.

I’ve always said there would need to be some upper limit; seven days or fourteen days, or at most a month, before it became ‘regular’ 24/7 premium time; but for players who only collect it from directives or tasks, a few days of premium time should be a ‘consumable’ (for lack of a better term,) that activates and runs for 24 hours. (Variable times, like in Tanks, is its own issues separate from the basic issue being discussed here.)

What normally happens though is someone comes back and says it would be too difficult to program and track doing so.

Whatever.

Maybe I’m just too ignorant about programming to understand why it can work in Tanks, but not Warships.