You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LancasterOne

Did they nerf the GZ's bombs and rockets again?

39 comments in this topic

[BLAZE]
Beta Testers
201 posts
5,497 battles

Casual observation. 
The bombs and rockets don't even land in the reticles anymore and the GZ's rocket reticle seems to have gone from a small circle to a large oval. 
Is it just me misremembering or did they nerf an already weak ship again?

[BLAZE]
Beta Testers
201 posts
5,497 battles
2 minutes ago, 6Xero9 said:

Is it even a patch if GZ isn't nerfed?

I'm literally in a game right now and 4 times in a roll all the bombs fell OUTSIDE the reticle. Why even aim?

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,014 posts
7,823 battles
2 minutes ago, LancasterOne said:

Casual observation. 
The bombs and rockets don't even land in the reticles anymore and the GZ's rocket reticle seems to have gone from a small circle to a large oval. 
Is it just me misremembering or did they nerf an already weak ship again?

Did GZ's bombs ever land in the reticle?   as far as rockets go?.. I haven't played it post patch yet?  but they were the most accurate rockets in the game IMO.   

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,099 posts
4,341 battles

Aiming reticles for rockets were changed this patch to standardize them, which did affect GZ. I'm not sure about any changes to the DBs.

[BLAZE]
Beta Testers
201 posts
5,497 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

Aiming reticles for rockets were changed this patch to standardize them, which did affect GZ. I'm not sure about any changes to the DBs.

uh....why?

[SNGNS]
Members
610 posts
7,039 battles
1 minute ago, LancasterOne said:

uh....why?

so that dds don't need to guess if they need to bow on or show broadside to get hit less with rockets.

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
Just now, TobTorp said:

so that dds don't need to guess if they need to bow on or show broadside to get hit less with rockets.

watch them complain now that the rockets are STILL hitting them.

• Cool 1

[PRVTR]
Members
1,139 posts
6,315 battles
8 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

Potatoes gonna Potate :Smile_playing:

-Shrayes

• Cool 2

Members
600 posts
17,637 battles

Yeah, just took GZ out in a co-op to check.

The rocket reticle is a "wide" oval now rather than a "long" one, but the attack distance and accuracy seems to be the same. It maybe changes your attack angle against some ships, but I don't think it's a nerf.

And the DBs are the same sad beasts they were pre-patch. Recent patches increased the "zoom" rate of the DB reticle, and decreased their damage from 7k to 5k which is a solid nerf overall (but pre-0.9.7).

[SNGNS]
Members
610 posts
7,039 battles
11 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

the thing is, this does not stop rockets from hitting them, it only helps mitigating how many rockets hit. its a good change in my book but it will not totally fix the interaction between dds and cvs. also its sometimes not the best idea to turn into the rockets when your showing broadside to a flank then...

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,867 posts
25,982 battles

Graf Zeppelin's Dive Bombers are the trashiest of High Tier.  Don't be fooled by the small drop circle.  It's going to miss or bounce if you actually do hit somehow.

Seriously.  The DBs suck so bad, I wish I could remove them altogether and simply increase the reserves of my Attack Planes and Torpedo Bombers instead.  The DBs are total trash.  Always have been since the CV Rebork.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
6 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

And the DBs are the same sad beasts they were pre-patch. Recent patches increased the "zoom" rate of the DB reticle, and decreased their damage from 7k to 5k which is a solid nerf overall (but pre-0.9.7).

Is this a complaint or joy? 

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Graf Zeppelin's Dive Bombers are the trashiest of High Tier.  Don't be fooled by the small drop circle.  It's going to miss or bounce if you actually do hit somehow.

or overpen.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Hmm... I'm having decent success with those DB's. When dropped, they spin clockwise around a circle. If the ship is anything other than a carrier or fat bb, you have better results if you approach like <I>, where you are the I approaching the broadside of the ship. You drop just as the reticle crosses the waterline of the ship. 

Somewhere I have a thread where folks were explaining this to me... found it!

[BLAZE]
Beta Testers
201 posts
5,497 battles
5 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Hmm... I'm having decent success with those DB's. When dropped, they spin clockwise around a circle. If the ship is anything other than a carrier or fat bb, you have better results if you approach like <I>, where you are the I approaching the broadside of the ship. You drop just as the reticle crosses the waterline of the ship. 

Somewhere I have a thread where folks were explaining this to me... found it!

the thing is they don't even land in the reticle and releasing at the last second or in the middle or at the beginning has nothing to do with where they hit 

[NUWES]
Members
3,428 posts
12,773 battles
21 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

Yeah, just took GZ out in a co-op to check.

The rocket reticle is a "wide" oval now rather than a "long" one, but the attack distance and accuracy seems to be the same. It maybe changes your attack angle against some ships, but I don't think it's a nerf.

I believe all the long ovals were rotated 90% to make all rocket planes attack consistently. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

Okay, I understand what you are saying. You know. you'd think they would have considered that when they did the changeover for all carriers. 

They still have not corrected the color or brightness of the reticle either. You would think that would have been an option long, long ago. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
Just now, Tzarevitch said:

I believe all the long ovals were rotated 90% to make all rocket planes attack consistently. 

Well yes... but I thought they also said it would, more or less, force CV players to attack side-on to DDs, thus reducing the effectiveness of rocket planes against DDs. 

It's a new band-aid for a very old wound. 

[F4E]
Alpha Tester
1,144 posts
50 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

AKA they couldn’t be bothered to spend 3minutes learning what nation CV does what so it was standardized for them.  Laziness triumphs again...

[GOOF]
Members
851 posts
7,055 battles

Something something nerfing premiums that you paid for is wrong and not WG Policy.............yep and subs don't belong in this game. 

Edited by grorg

[NUWES]
Members
3,428 posts
12,773 battles
20 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well yes... but I thought they also said it would, more or less, force CV players to attack side-on to DDs, thus reducing the effectiveness of rocket planes against DDs. 

It's a new band-aid for a very old wound. 

It's not to reduce rocket effectiveness. It's to make all rocket planes attack the same way so DDs have a clue how to dodge. For example if a DD was facing Lexington before, its Tiny Tims have a long reticule while its HVARs have a wide one.  There is no way for DDs to take evasive action because you can't tell them apart until you are attacked, and Midway is the same. The others only have 1 type but you have to know the particular nation and particular carrier to know which way the attack comes.

The change was to make ALL rocket planes attack the same way, with a wide reticule, so there is consistency on how to defend. It doesn't address all of the CV-DD interactions but it is a start and it is one that is easy to implement.