You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nutaz

Research XP on CVs

12 comments in this topic

[TAZ]
Members
918 posts

I do not see the extra Research XP applied to the KMS CVs.  I have all 3 of the early access CVs. According to the update news article the following should apply:

If you've already researched a Tier VI aircraft carrier, but haven't researched a Tier VIII carrier of the same branch, the Tier VI carrier will receive 28000 XP. If you've already researched a Tier VIII aircraft carrier, but haven't researched a Tier X carrier of the same branch, the Tier VIII carrier will receive 25000 XP.          @Hapa_Fodder  Is my Understanding of this correct?

[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,045 battles
2 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

I do not see the extra Research XP applied to the KMS CVs.  I have all 3 of the early access CVs. According to the update news article the following should apply:

If you've already researched a Tier VI aircraft carrier, but haven't researched a Tier VIII carrier of the same branch, the Tier VI carrier will receive 28000 XP. If you've already researched a Tier VIII aircraft carrier, but haven't researched a Tier X carrier of the same branch, the Tier VIII carrier will receive 25000 XP.          @Hapa_Fodder  Is my Understanding of this correct?

they probably do not apply because their new. they already come into the game with the changed research costs.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,018 posts
7,823 battles
33 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

they probably do not apply because their new. they already come into the game with the changed research costs.

Well that sucks....   Not going to lie.   I started grinding XP on the KM T6 that was unlocked from a crate mission, prior to changes.. of course they hadn't at that time announced research costs for them, but one could have safely assumed it same as other CV lines?    

[WOLF1]
Members
6,321 posts

My Hosho still has a little ways to get to Ryujo, but a lot less now.  Furious and Ranger each have 28K more XP than they had.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,132 posts
4,342 battles
32 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Well that sucks....   Not going to lie.   I started grinding XP on the KM T6 that was unlocked from a crate mission, prior to changes.. of course they hadn't at that time announced research costs for them, but one could have safely assumed it same as other CV lines?    

Well yes, if the new line was out for this change. But remember the early release CVs are credited as special ships, so there's no research to do. So even though you have the T6, you didn't research it, so no XP is applied. WG's logic may be a bit hard to follow sometimes, but there usually is a logic. You didn't do any grinding for these ships so it wouldn't make sense if you got extra XP.

• Cool 1

[GLF]
Members
582 posts
8,234 battles
2 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Well yes, if the new line was out for this change. But remember the early release CVs are credited as special ships, so there's no research to do. So even though you have the T6, you didn't research it, so no XP is applied. WG's logic may be a bit hard to follow sometimes, but there usually is a logic. You didn't do any grinding for these ships so it wouldn't make sense if you got extra XP.

Correct, they mostly shifted the xp around so the t4 cv backlog is lessened

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
5,018 posts
7,823 battles
7 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Well I understand their logic completely.. And FTR I already have about 40K on this weser, prior to this patch.   I know exactly why they are doing it,  hoping they can gobble up some free xp.. you know it and I know it.     But if you unlocked Ryujo or ranger yesterday and didn't play it a game you would have 25K experience on it today..   The Weser which I had a week ago didn't get anything.  I'd fully expect WG is aware those that were going to grind ryujo/ranger/furious already did, so a pretty irrelevant  to most of us.  It's a technicality loophole and i'm sure i'm not the only one perturbed by it.    

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,132 posts
4,342 battles
13 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Well I understand their logic completely.. And FTR I already have about 40K on this weser, prior to this patch.   I know exactly why they are doing it,  hoping they can gobble up some free xp.. you know it and I know it.     But if you unlocked Ryujo or ranger yesterday and didn't play it a game you would have 25K experience on it today..   The Weser which I had a week ago didn't get anything.  I'd fully expect WG is aware those that were going to grind ryujo/ranger/furious already did, so a pretty irrelevant  to most of us.  It's a technicality loophole and i'm sure i'm not the only one perturbed by it.    

The difference is you ground out the XP on Langly or Hosho to get the T6. If you did the grind after the change, you'd have reached your ship and that XP could have been gotten on the T6. Whereas with the Weser you didn't have to grind the T4, so you don't get any XP. Remember the XP is for the work you did on the previous ship.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,771 posts
11,291 battles
27 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

The xp is compensation for the xp ground out and spent at tier 4 that as of this patch is no longer required to unlock the tier 6. It makes perfect sense that you don’t get this on your Weser (and neither will I) because it’s compensation, and there’s nothing to compensate us for because we didn’t spend any xp for these ships.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
5,018 posts
7,823 battles
22 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

The difference is you ground out the XP on Langly or Hosho to get the T6. If you did the grind after the change, you'd have reached your ship and that XP could have been gotten on the T6. Whereas with the Weser you didn't have to grind the T4, so you don't get any XP. Remember the XP is for the work you did on the previous ship.

Not sure I am following your logic..  I pretty clear on theirs.    Read statement from WG on this shift and explain to me how it has anything to do with t4?

If you've already researched a Tier VI aircraft carrier, but haven't researched a Tier VIII carrier of the same branch, the Tier VI carrier will receive 28000 XP. If you've already researched a Tier VIII aircraft carrier, but haven't researched a Tier X carrier of the same branch, the Tier VIII carrier will receive 25000 XP.  

[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,045 battles
5 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Not sure I am following your logic..  I pretty clear on theirs.    Read statement from WG on this shift and explain to me how it has anything to do with t4?

If you've already researched a Tier VI aircraft carrier, but haven't researched a Tier VIII carrier of the same branch, the Tier VI carrier will receive 28000 XP. If you've already researched a Tier VIII aircraft carrier, but haven't researched a Tier X carrier of the same branch, the Tier VIII carrier will receive 25000 XP.  

...did you research them?

also please link the full article because above that (if i remember correctly) is the announcement of the xp changes..

Edited by TobTorp

[WOLFC]
Members
2,771 posts
11,291 battles
4 hours ago, iRA6E said:

The reason WG is doing this is because they reduced the amount of xp needed to unlock tier VI CVs, while increasing the amount to research needed to unlock tier VIII and X to keep the total amount of xp for the line the same. The goal of this was so players spend less time at tier IV.

However, if I had unlocked my Furious yesterday, I would have effectively wasted my 28k xp at tier IV (and the time and effort I expended to get it), I might be upset about that, and I might feel I had been set back in my CV grind. So, WG chose to compensate players accordingly. Similarly at tier VIII, it now costs 25k more xp to get to tier X. WG has chosen to give players who already have tier VIII CVs 25k xp so they are still at effectively the same point in their CV grinds.

None of this applies to the German CVs, because they were not researchable in the tech tree prior to this patch. Nobody spent any xp at tier IV for WG to compensate at tier VI, and prior to this point Richthofen was not researchable so the xp cost to research her did not change.

The full text from the article:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-097-german-carriers-part-2/#other-changes

Changed the research cost of aircraft carriers of all nations:

Decreased from 68,000 to 40,000 XP at Tier VI.

Increased from 158,000 to 161,000 XP at Tier VIII.

Increased from 330,000 to 355,000 XP at Tier X.

Progressing through the aircraft carrier branches will now happen in a similar way to other ship types. The time it takes to research Tier VI aircraft carriers will be reduced. At the same time, the research cost of all ships of the branch remains the same.

If you've already researched a Tier VI aircraft carrier, but haven't researched a Tier VIII carrier of the same branch, the Tier VI carrier will receive 28,000 XP. If you've already researched a Tier VIII aircraft carrier, but haven't researched a Tier X carrier of the same branch, the Tier VIII carrier will receive 25,000 XP.

Edited by Nevermore135