You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DropDeadGorgeousBaby

Cartoonish game

69 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
4 posts
5,691 battles

Maybe WOW thinks that the average age of players is under 14. With all these cartoon characters embedded into the game like octopus on the Alaska and transformers, or Japanese cartoon characters  they are turning the game into something different from it's original purpose of portraying naval warfare in a more classical way and pertaining mostly to WWII era ships. I think all these new 'crap" detracts from the game.

• Cool 11
  • Thanks 5
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 5

[MELON]
Members
904 posts
2,673 battles

You got a way to filter this stuff off you know.....

animecontent.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 2

[PRAVD]
Members
82 posts
2,298 battles

oh boi, another one of those players. If you want to have a 100% realistic naval game, got play Gaijin's version. BTW, the transformers era is from one of the older shows, which makes sense considering the age group that most players are at. Its also a win for WG if they are trying to get some younger players in.

Edited by Wolffe_Commander
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[PRAVD]
Members
82 posts
2,298 battles

if you go to the port carousel settings, there is an option to hide all those non-historical camos. I think there is one in the main settings too. Please update me once you find it.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
545 posts
2 minutes ago, DropDeadGorgeousBaby said:

Yes please tell me how to filter the cartoons. And yes, I'm another one of "those players".

Just now, Wolffe_Commander said:

if you go to the port carousel settings, there is an option to hide all those non-historical camos. I think there is one in the main settings too. Please update me once you find it.

Just above the carousel in the lower right section of your screen. You can turn off any camos you don't want to see, and it will display the standard permacamo in it's place.

camo.jpg.f3e878a4cb3598b7408b955e4cb5c467.jpg

• Cool 2

[TOG]
Members
231 posts
11,528 battles

FYI you can also turn off the stupid anime dolls collection from gathering with your dailies. 

I haven't logged in yet since today's update, but if they are still collecting, you can click the azur lane collection and click to stop collecting them and they will stop appearing with your dailies.

I know I did this too. I'm a curmudgeon that came here hoping to just be immersed in naval warfare.

Not navel gazing.

• Cool 1

[PRAVD]
Members
82 posts
2,298 battles

Honest question to those who enjoy historical accuracy of this game. What do you guys think of Gaijin's take on naval warfare? Its pretty realistic compared to Wows, so I would assume those done with the fictional events here in WoWs would at least look into it.

[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,045 battles
3 minutes ago, Wolffe_Commander said:

Honest question to those who enjoy historical accuracy of this game. What do you guys think of Gaijin's take on naval warfare? Its pretty realistic compared to Wows, so I would assume those done with the fictional events here in WoWs would at least look into it.

the problem from my understanding (i have played naval battles over there, but its quite a bit ago now) is that its balanced way worse then anything wows could ever dream of. the grind is generally also a lot worse.

[PHD]
Members
1,931 posts
7,441 battles

I like my "cartoon" captains though one I have has an anoying voice (that teddy bear looking one) that I would like to turn off that voice but not the others.

I like two of the girls, one is actually real but with a cartoon look. I would like to know what they are saying.

[ARP]
[ARP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,360 posts
4,761 battles
1 hour ago, DropDeadGorgeousBaby said:

Maybe WOW thinks that the average age of players is under 14. With all these cartoon characters embedded into the game like octopus on the Alaska and transformers, or Japanese cartoon characters  they are turning the game into something different from it's original purpose of portraying naval warfare in a more classical way and pertaining mostly to WWII era ships. I think all these new 'crap" detracts from the game.

Ah yes, the old boomer concept of "Cartoons are for Children."

Go away and come back educated.

~Hunter

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 5

[WOLF8]
Members
8,129 posts
6,782 battles
1 hour ago, Hunter_Steel said:

~Hunter

:Smile_teethhappy:

Kind of like "Get off muh lawn, ya young whippersnappers!! Away with ya, ya and yar Animu! Back in muh days, we had to walk to school in a blizzard, uphill both ways!" or something like that? LOL. :Smile_trollface::cap_haloween:

Edited by Blorgh2017
lol grammar reeeeeee
  • Haha 1

[ARP]
[ARP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,360 posts
4,761 battles
17 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Kind of like "Get off muh lawn, ya young whippersnappers!! Away with ya, ya and yar Animu! Back in muh days, we had to walk to school in a blizzard, uphill both ways!" or something like that? LOL. :Smile_trollface::cap_haloween:

I already farmed 2 angry reacts heh

~Hunter

• Funny 1

Members
611 posts
8,005 battles
2 hours ago, BCGrog said:

FYI you can also turn off the stupid anime dolls collection from gathering with your dailies. 

I haven't logged in yet since today's update, but if they are still collecting, you can click the azur lane collection and click to stop collecting them and they will stop appearing with your dailies.

I know I did this too. I'm a curmudgeon that came here hoping to just be immersed in naval warfare.

Not navel gazing.

Dude- It's not that i have a problem with Navel gazing it's the Japanese and others Anima fascination with 12 year olds with Gigantic Breasts.. (TM). It's basically fing weird and it's all over the place. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,629 posts
17,810 battles
2 hours ago, TobTorp said:

the problem from my understanding (i have played naval battles over there, but its quite a bit ago now) is that its balanced way worse then anything wows could ever dream of. the grind is generally also a lot worse.

Yeah the grind is nuts. Pretty much what kept me away.

[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,045 battles
Just now, paradat said:

Yeah the grind is nuts. Pretty much what kept me away.

also if you think torpedos are op here, then good luck in gajin land...

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,555 posts
6,443 battles
Just now, Wolffe_Commander said:

Utter trash.  They pretend it is realistic and then force the combat ranges to be so ludicrously short that armor is useless.  Watching CAs creep along among shallow coastal waters and islands, exchanging fire at ranges that are absurdly short is terrible.

Basically, WoWS is more realistic in many of the ways that count because of the sacrifices required to make the other game playable functionally removes many of the design elements of the ships they are supposedly modeling so accurately.

[PVE]
Alpha Tester
665 posts
17,336 battles
1 hour ago, Hunter_Steel said:

~Hunter

Ah yes, the old lump all boomers in the same category remark.

• Cool 2

[WOLF8]
Members
8,129 posts
6,782 battles
10 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

I already farmed 2 angry reacts heh

~Hunter

A badge of honor, lol. :Smile_trollface:

Do people that give the angry emote even realize that it actually counts towards the total positive vote count? LEL. :Smile_trollface::cap_haloween:

1 minute ago, Helstrem said:

Basically, WoWS is more realistic in many of the ways that count because of the sacrifices required to make the other game playable functionally removes many of the design elements of the ships they are supposedly modeling so accurately.

Wow, that... sounds like one of those biggest ironies of the decade, or something, lul. :Smile_teethhappy:

But I digress. Last I heard, we really shouldn't talk about that forbidden competitor's game here... lal. :Smile_hiding:

[HINON]
Members
9,010 posts
13,172 battles

this game stopped being realistic when US and IJN ships from WW2 were fighting on the same team when this game started

[SALVO]
Members
8,341 posts
6,181 battles
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Ok laugh about it...

What we have today was built by those who came before, many times with hardship and sacrifice that we, today's "softies" can't really grasp because we have no idea.

Keep laughing, ignorance is bliss.

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,048 posts
11,490 battles

If you look at High School Fleets battle and ships and not so much the plot its far more on the realistic side then most WW2 era movies made in the US.

to bad we didnt see a Grayhound collab.

[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,045 battles
30 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Ok laugh about it...

What we have today was built by those who came before, many times with hardship and sacrifice that we, today's "softies" can't really grasp because we have no idea.

Keep laughing, ignorance is bliss.

im not saying your not right, but i will say that today generation also inherited all problem made by older generations. we are still dealing with problems we got from dudes in the 19th century.

Edited by TobTorp
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1