Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zenn3k

Can you just sell me Research Points already?

58 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,299
[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles

With Slava coming out as yet another ship locked behind the horrible RE-grind that are Research Points, I gotta ask, can you just SELL me these points already?

I'd rather do literally ANYTHING else then regrind even a single tech-line in this game.   Almost every single tech line has multiple ships that are just dreadful.

I could re-grind the Soviet BB line, but I hated everything before Sinop, and everything after Sinop until Kremlin was lackluster and sub-par, especially Vlad which you over-nerfed.   Why would I EVER want to regrind this line of ships?  

There is not a single line I can think to myself and go "regrinding this line would be fun", not a single one.   There are fun SHIPS in these lines, but 1-2 good ships per line makes the whole process pretty awful.  

I can see why there are more and more bots, because some of the best ships in the game and locked behind one of the worst designed systems I've seen in a game like this.

Have you EVER completed a tech-line and said "Man, I sure wanna play that sub-par Tier 7 ship again!"....no, you say "Its over, its done, finally I'm through that horrible pain and have the good T10 ship at the end of the line"   

So yeah, just sell me these points please, I'd rather dig my eyes out with a spoon then re-play even a single line I have managed to finish.

  • Cool 5
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,299
[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

Comrade, spend American dollars to convert "Free" XP! 

 

WAY too expensive.

  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,758
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
7 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

WAY too expensive.

I think I forgot the /s on my post. 

It's not just too expensive, it's probably the most ridiculous price for anything in this game.  It would cost me 760000 doubloons to convert all the elite ship XP I have sitting around over to "Free" XP. 

Here's an example of how all sane people react to WG asking them to spend that kind of money:  

1539662995_laughinggirls.gif.fcc7bd374a70611772bd76d39a252fc2.gif

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,299
[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I think I forgot the /s on my post. 

It's not just too expensive, it's probably the most ridiculous price for anything in this game.  It would cost me 760000 doubloons to convert all the elite ship XP I have sitting around over to "Free" XP. 

Here's an example of how all sane people react to WG asking them to spend that kind of money:  

1539662995_laughinggirls.gif.fcc7bd374a70611772bd76d39a252fc2.gif

Agreed.    FXP conversion is the "A new player trap" for when they start earning ship XP they can't do anything with and they are just a few thousand FXP from unlocking a new ship...oh its only a few hundred doubloons...etc.   I feel for it a time or two (for small amounts) when I was new, then I figured out how bad it was (took getting higher tier and high level captain to realize, oh wow, its like $30 to level up my captain...ONE LEVEL)...and I never touched it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
293
[SKD]
Members
266 posts
14,530 battles
17 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

WAY too expensive.

you asked for them to sell you research points and you dont like the answer that you can use Free XP.... smh

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
667
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,474 posts

Whales love plankton and the new plankton is research points and the only way to get research points is to either grind lines or spend cash to convert copious amounts of FXP. Like 750k FXP per line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
60 posts
12 battles

yikes. just spend the money to convert your xp to free XP and regrind... its so easy. just because you dont like the price doesnt mean you get to complain about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,299
[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles
3 minutes ago, MikeOxmauI said:

yikes. just spend the money to convert your xp to free XP and regrind... its so easy. just because you dont like the price doesnt mean you get to complain about it

Sure it does.   I can complain about something being stupidly overpriced all I want, thanks.  

Sounds to me like the best answer here is to use a BOT.   Since we know WG doesn't ban bots (the HUNDREDS of 200 PR overall accounts with 5000 games played proves that), seems pretty risk free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
60 posts
12 battles
Just now, Zenn3k said:

Sure it does.   I can complain about something being stupidly overpriced all I want, thanks.  

Sounds to me like the best answer here is to use a BOT.   Since we know WG doesn't ban bots (the HUNDREDS of 200 PR overall accounts with 5000 games played proves that), seems pretty risk free.

or you just play the game like LITERALLY everyone else.... and not promote the breaking of the games EULA.... your complaining is petty and you are wasting everyone's time

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,758
[KWF]
Members
6,362 posts
7,145 battles

From the upcoming Dockyard notes.

 

"If you decide to complete shipbuilding at the Dockyard by using doubloons, you can still progress through the Directives. However, in that case, instead of the usual rewards for completing the shipbuilding phases, you'll get 600 Research Points for each completed phase. If you had no access to the Research Bureau, you'll get it upon receiving Research Points"

 

So basically 12k RP for 35k dubs if we go by Odin.

Edited by warheart1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,784
[SOFOP]
Members
2,478 posts
15,318 battles

Research Points are just the "Hey guys, we need to figure out a way to keep people playing without having to find napkins with ship plans on them to create new lines......so let's just make them regrind the current lines! *Pats Back*"

Anyways, if you are looking for an alternative suggestion to your request to just buy them....grind the IJN gunboat line.  Its cheap XP wise, and you can honestly skip straight to Akizuki with FXP for pretty cheap.  Akizuki and Kitakaze are awesome ships so grinding through them isnt terrible (not to mention, T8 and T9 are often in ranked sessions).

  • Cool 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,299
[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles
7 minutes ago, MikeOxmauI said:

or you just play the game like LITERALLY everyone else.... and not promote the breaking of the games EULA.... your complaining is petty and you are wasting everyone's time

As stated, I'd rather dig my eyes out of my skull with a spoon then re-play some of the ships in some of these lines.     I'd uninstall the game forever before I played even 1 more game in the POS Pensacola, for example.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
60 posts
12 battles
1 minute ago, Zenn3k said:

As stated, I'd rather dig my eyes out of my skull with a spoon then re-play some of the ships in some of these lines.     I'd uninstall the game forever before I played even 1 more game in the POS Pensacola, for example.

then dont play! if the game doesnt make you happy, then maybe its not worth your time.  there is no such thing as a bad ship, only bad plays in the ships

  • Meh 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,313
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,295 posts
4,773 battles

nnnnnNo.  But FXP.

 

2 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

I'd uninstall the game forever before I played even 1 more game in the POS Pensacola, for example.

Man, you *really* need to reset the USN CA line.  She's a fun bote for someone who knows how to play her.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,299
[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles
1 minute ago, MikeOxmauI said:

then dont play! if the game doesnt make you happy, then maybe its not worth your time.  there is no such thing as a bad ship, only bad plays in the ships

Odd, since there are plenty of "good" or even "great" ships....but there are no "bad ships"?   You're full of it.  

Pensacola, slow, turns poorly, bad guns, made of citadel, literally zero upside and the worst cruiser at its tier without question...thats a bad ship.   It took all of 2-3 games to realize I never wanna play it again.   

I'm content playing GOOD ships, the issue is so many lines have so many ships that are not even close to good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
60 posts
12 battles
2 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Odd, since there are plenty of "good" or even "great" ships....but there are no "bad ships"?   You're full of it.  

Pensacola, slow, turns poorly, bad guns, made of citadel, literally zero upside and the worst cruiser at its tier without question...thats a bad ship.   It took all of 2-3 games to realize I never wanna play it again.   

I'm content playing GOOD ships, the issue is so many lines have so many ships that are not even close to good.

good players can make any ship work.... its not the ship thats the problem.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,758
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
29 minutes ago, MikeOxmauI said:

yikes. just spend the money to convert your xp to free XP and regrind... its so easy. just because you dont like the price doesnt mean you get to complain about it

Do the math.  Converting "Free" XP is a total non-starter. 

The cost to convert 1 million "Free" XP is how much?  About $160?  

 

 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
formula error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35,707
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,771 posts
21,681 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It would cost me 760000 doubloons to convert all the elite ship XP I have sitting around over to "Free" XP.

x9dUvCu.jpg

1.88m dubs here to convert all my elited XP at 1/25.

Edited by Lert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,981
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

If you've seen how Slava's guns play out you might think she's gonna be a camping whale's paradise, Valhalla and the dream always dreamed. 

Aeroon played her on the RU server: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
359
[WOLFC]
Members
543 posts
9,521 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

x9dUvCu_d.webp?maxwidth=728&fidelity=gra

1.88m dubs here to convert all my elited XP at 1/25.

I think at that point, it might just be cheaper to buy Lesta.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×