You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SyndicatedINC

New Feature Allowing Customized Order of Consuables

11 comments in this topic

[KSC]
Supertester
2,259 posts
13,799 battles

WG we understand that you are always asking that us players give you feedback about new features.

Well in regards to this long time coming one:

1310423748_consumableorder.thumb.jpg.5526a65cb84ff8c0133d218e66ba36f8.jpg

Bravo well done, and thank you!  :cap_like::fish_cute_2::Smile_medal::crab:

4sBuzKD.gif.8b0d84cb1046f8f06bbdc9f50003710c.gif

giphy.gif.76d1a770ad20bba5374210f823555572.gif

dance.gif.f954c3f897bf3925deb47b606eb2f498.gif

• Cool 6

Members
738 posts

Between this and finally adding spaces between mission/directive requirements, I'm almost willing to forgive them for radar/hydro through islands, CVs, and few new maps.

• Funny 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,625 posts
20,928 battles
12 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

WG we understand that you are always asking that us players give you feedback about new features.

Well in regards to this long time coming one:

1310423748_consumableorder.thumb.jpg.5526a65cb84ff8c0133d218e66ba36f8.jpg

Bravo well done, and thank you!  :cap_like::fish_cute_2::Smile_medal::crab:

Agree! This is a great feature update. Next step is to provide a "slot" that would link to each type of consumable. For instance, R=Repair, T=Smoke, Y= Boost, U=Spotter/Fighter, I=Reload Booster , etc.. If I have Le Terrible I would have the R,  Y and I keys used. She has no smoke so the "T" slot would be vacant. User could change the order but I would really like slots aligned with the type so that I know if I hit the "U" key, with any capable ship, my fighter would launch.

• Cool 2

[SLDR]
Members
250 posts
9,589 battles

I'm at work so haven't tried this in person.  But, I don't understand what difference does this make?

As an example: the smoke consumable still binds to the "R" key, no matter where in the order you place it, as far as I can tell.  So why is this desirable??

[KSC]
Supertester
2,259 posts
13,799 battles
1 minute ago, slider37 said:

I'm at work so haven't tried this in person.  But, I don't understand what difference does this make?

As an example: the smoke consumable still binds to the "R" key, no matter where in the order you place it, as far as I can tell.  So why is this desirable??

Negative, you can now bind smoke to T key or U key or Y key.  Your choice.

you can even skip keys.   So say you always make smoke U, a ship with no other consumables could still have smoke in U slot.

[PHD]
Members
1,427 posts
6,116 battles
4 minutes ago, slider37 said:

2 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Negative, you can now bind smoke to T key or U key or Y key.  Your choice.

you can even skip keys.   So say you always make smoke U, a ship with no other consumables could still have smoke in U slot.

A really great feature is if you ship only has 3 consumables you still 5 locations to assign. So for DDs T can always be smoke and Speed Boost can be Y reguardless what the defalt keys were. It was a problem when you were using a ship because smoke might be speed boost key on the DD with no smoke.

It greatly reduces the chance of hitting the wrong key due to a different location with that ship.

Way to go WG!:Smile_medal::Smile_honoring:

You have R,T,Y,U and I to choose for what consumable you have.

• Cool 1

[KSC]
Supertester
2,259 posts
13,799 battles
Just now, GrayPanther2018 said:

A really great feature is if you ship only has 3 consumables you still 5 locations to assign. So for DDs T can always be smoke and Speed Boost can be Y reguardless what the defalt keys were. It was a problem when you were using a ship because smoke might be speed boost key on the DD with no smoke.

It greatly reduces the chance of hitting the wrong key due to a different location with that ship.

Way to go WG!:Smile_medal::Smile_honoring:

You have R,T,Y,U and I to choose for what consumable you have.

Absolutely! :cap_haloween:

[SLDR]
Members
250 posts
9,589 battles

Deleted

Edited by slider37
I misread

[PHD]
Members
1,427 posts
6,116 battles
4 minutes ago, slider37 said:

Deleted

I was wondering how WG was going to work the system. WG exceeded my expectations.

Just, in port, go to the equipment page, by the consumables there is a little slider switch that you move to reasign (that from memory so it might not be the right word) then your consumables are displayed along with the five key boxes. Just click and drag the consumable to the key postion you want. You can do that with each ship, they are not universal choices but individual.

Also acording to StatsBloke those asignments are stored on the WG server so if you uninstall the game and reinstall it the asignments will install the way you set them.

[WOLF6]
Members
462 posts
3,459 battles

I've long found it strange that so many players stick with the defaults of RTYUI.  My consumables are mapped to RTFGV, and have been for years.

Of course, this change is still an improvement, and still works with my layout.