You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

No Kriegsmarine Premium containers for sale?

23 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
2,388 posts
13,548 battles

Am I missing something? We can still buy AL containers & German Carrier containers, but I thought as of today we could buy the new Kriegsmarine ones. Scroll down about 2/3rds the way on the news post about the 9.7 patch: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/german-carriers-part-2/

"Kriegsmarine Premium containers, which have higher chances of dropping Pommern, Mainz, Z-39, or Admiral Hipper, can be obtained in the Premium Shop and in exchange for doubloons in the Armory. You can find one of the following items in a Kriegsmarine Premium container." 

Am I missing something? I can't find them in the armory or on the website.

• Cool 1

[FFG30]
Members
49 posts

I looked at the article it seems to me you can get these containers for completing directives and not by purchasing I could be wrong

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
19,988 battles
3 minutes ago, yinzer_1 said:

I looked at the article it seems to me you can get these containers for completing directives and not by purchasing I could be wrong

There will be standard Kriegsmarine containers you can earn and Premium Kriegsmarine containers you can buy.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
49 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Am I missing something? We can still buy AL containers & German Carrier containers, but I thought as of today we could buy the new Kriegsmarine ones. Scroll down about 2/3rds the way on the news post about the 9.7 patch: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/german-carriers-part-2/

"Kriegsmarine Premium containers, which have higher chances of dropping Pommern, Mainz, Z-39, or Admiral Hipper, can be obtained in the Premium Shop and in exchange for doubloons in the Armory. You can find one of the following items in a Kriegsmarine Premium container." 

Probably only in the Armory for doubloons.

At least Pommern and Erich Lowenhardt are now available in the Premium Shop.

[FORM]
Members
2,388 posts
13,548 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

Probably only in the Armory for doubloons.

Nope.

I expect that @Slimeball91 is right and it'll show up on Friday. 

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
52 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Seems new Atlanta camo is not available yet too.

Edited by Felipe_1982

[BOMBL]
Members
191 posts
7,029 battles

Thats weird - they are normally available with the release - you are right @TheArc, they are MIA :Smile_amazed:

Members
131 posts
7,298 battles

There is a small easy to miss note at the left hand bottom of the screen showing the premium container stating that it will not be available for purchase until Aug 14th 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
19,988 battles
38 minutes ago, RYANMK48 said:

There is a small easy to miss note at the left hand bottom of the screen showing the premium container stating that it will not be available for purchase until Aug 14th 

Good catch.  I totally missed it.

image.thumb.png.99c1c95074ed59ff1d00f0898ddb4a88.png

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
19,988 battles
37 minutes ago, PaceAdvantage_HB said:

Weird...I don't recall them ever "delaying" premium containers associated with a new update before...

My guess is that they are leaving the AL premiums in the store for another week.

[PVE]
Members
14,005 posts
29,565 battles
41 minutes ago, PaceAdvantage_HB said:

Weird...I don't recall them ever "delaying" premium containers associated with a new update before...

3 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

My guess is that they are leaving the AL premiums in the store for another week.

I am thinking it is because they want people to buy Pommern or use Coal so fewer people will get it from the crates. Although Hapa confirmed it is doubloons for duplicates he has not answered (that I have seen) my question wanting to know if it will still drop if you already have it? WG has been keeping that from happening for a while now. The only way it has worked recently is to buy crates before you get the ship but don't open them (content set at time of purchase not when opened but doesn't register on account until opened), buy the ship, and then open crates to see if you got lucky and got a ship. If so THEN you get doubloons. But if the ship is already registered to your account it won't drop a duplicate. Have they changed that for these crates? I doubt it.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
On 8/5/2020 at 10:10 AM, TheArc said:

dont forget. Summer sale on 08/14/2020!!!

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
19,988 battles
8 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Tomorrow? Cause they also said on 14th there will be the summer sale.

Next Next Friday :-)

[FORM]
Members
2,388 posts
13,548 battles
1 hour ago, Felipe_1982 said:

dont forget. Summer sale on 08/14/2020!!!

Oh? I didn't see that announcement... tnx for the heads up.

[SLDS]
Members
130 posts
8,420 battles

I'll say this....if the idea of this delay is to get us to salivate enough that we give up and buy the Pommern for 19K doubs, it's not working (on me). If anything it's annoying me more. Honestly, I totally would have bought 1-2 containers first day to take a whack at it but now I'm not buying anything until I can truly see all options. So if anything all it did was delay me from making any purchases at all for at least a week and now if I don't REALLY like whatever comes out a week from today (man that seems like a long time right now) then the gambit will have turned me from a "spend a modest amount day1" customer to a "not spend at all" customer as far as current offerings go. Odin, which was overshadowed quickly by this, is a surprisingly good ship (hIMHO, good job WG on that, could have been a dud but was a better reward and a better grind than PR in my opinion) that scratches almost the same itch (guys don't freak out and hit me with stats, I am aware they are not exactly the same nor the same tier) and at 19K doubs/$77 I'm just not biting. I have some coal saved up but I am maintaining discipline and saving that for Thunderer as that is likely next to go out of the Armory (I already have JB and Georgia).

I am not, to be clear, against purchasing things in general, nor do I judge those who do. I'm not like all up in arms either. I'm just speaking directly to WG's marketing department about how this tactic is working (or not working) on me. ;)