Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rushbin730

Chat Ban

3 comments in this topic

Members
110 posts
6,495 battles

Hello, I got my first chat ban a month or two ago, and I was pretty annoyed because I prided myself on not being toxic and for never having been chat banned before. After contacting support as to why I got chat banned, they told me it was because I said "[edited] Chino."

I got a bit more annoyed at that, because I don't understand how cursing would result in a chat ban when people say much worse all the time, and when I have cursed before and never gotten chat banned for that. After asking around, some people said that maybe WG assumed that that was a typo, and that I meant "[edited] China." No, that was not a typo. At the time, I had a friend in my clan named Chinobachi, who we called Chino for short, and he happened to be on the enemy team. I remember the event pretty well too, because this guy bought me a premium ship. I said "[edited] Chino" because I was pretty sure that he would go for me, and that in a duel, he would win. It was really more so a compliment towards his skill, and my way of jokingly asking for mercy.

I got past the fact that I got chat banned for, in my opinion, a pretty [edited] reason. But during the super tester applications, there was a question on whether or not I had any chat bans on my account, and that there is no point in lying. I put that I did have one, because I did. I didn't get accepted, and I feel like having a chat ban on my account may have helped with my rejection. While I understand that there is still a significant chance that I could have been rejected even if I didn't have a chat ban on my account, I wish to ask if there is a way to discuss the details of said chat ban, and possibly have it removed from my account's history.

• Cool 1

Members
57 posts
12,052 battles

I too, got chat banned for saying things to Chinobachi. Things as offensive as "Hello Chino." WG won't read the tickets I've put in, and instead has chosen to use automated responses repeatedly.

Sign in to follow this