Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xHeavy

Thunderstorm Circle on Map

4 comments in this topic

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,421 posts

Just played a coop where a big circle denoting a thunderstorm front came in from side of map covered objective A and moved to B.

I promptly got inside the storm while under intensive air attacks. No cover. No impact to visbility and nothing. Might as well be sunshine and blue skies for all it did. Thats not a storm front. The ones I understand and are used to is when the entire map is reduced to spotting at 8km and your previous ongoing and updated battle situation will decide how you can sail to find the enemies then.

A DD at the edge of his firing circle covered me in HE the whole time in that storm. Much good that did.

If that is what the devs plan on for now on in the game system then they need to go back to the original. This "Front" does nothing just makes a big circle that moves across a map. I managed to spot the Carrier in the back and continue to spam same with HE in the storm while under intensive air attack. Might as well dispose of that storm feature. It does nothing.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,065 posts
14,165 battles

There’s a difference between a cyclone and a thunderstorm/snowstorm. A cyclone is what you’re thinking of - map wide gradual reduction in spotting/vision down to 8km, and then a gradual return to normal spotting range toward the end of the battle. A thunderstorm/snowstorm: reduces the maximum spotting range to 30km; reduces a ship’s detection while in the storm (10% for destroyers, 20% for everyone else); increases dispersion by 30% for ships shooting in or into the storm (but not ships inside shooting outside); and reduces the gun bloom penalty from 20 seconds to down to 7. 

[RLGN]
Members
16,213 posts
28,085 battles
3 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

There’s a difference between a cyclone and a thunderstorm/snowstorm. A cyclone is what you’re thinking of - map wide gradual reduction in spotting/vision down to 8km, and then a gradual return to normal spotting range toward the end of the battle. A thunderstorm/snowstorm: reduces the maximum spotting range to 30km; reduces a ship’s detection while in the storm (10% for destroyers, 20% for everyone else); increases dispersion by 30% for ships shooting in or into the storm (but not ships inside shooting outside); and reduces the gun bloom penalty from 20 seconds to down to 7. 

Oh. It does do something. Guess I never knew, or just wasn’t paying attention.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,065 posts
14,165 battles
19 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Oh. It does do something. Guess I never knew, or just wasn’t paying attention.

It does, but nothing that’s really noticeable unless you’re really paying attention. And even then, all you’d notice is the slight detection reduction and maybe the bloom if you count it or use the mod. Unless you look at the stats menu or the wiki, you probably won’t even notice the dispersion debuff. 

Sign in to follow this