You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tfcas119

Theory Crafting Part 2: Christmas 2020, the Reward Ship and Dockyard ship

13 comments in this topic

[GRAVE]
Members
1,194 posts
18,391 battles

So after last week giving my guess about future events for the rest of this year (got a collection right, supercontainers, but did not expect a campaign or another Dockyard event, and most likely Florida won't be part of the US BB split now OK has been announced) I'm now going to share my thoughts about how what ships WG would hand out for Christmas 2020.  PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT EVERYTHING HERE IS PURE SPECULATION AND MAY OR MAY NOT HAPPEN, SO TAKE ANYTHING STATED HERE WITH A PINCH OF SALT.

First things first, Christmas 2020 will bring about a snowflake event the same as last year, with T5-7 ships rewarding coal, T8-9 steel, and T10 giving Santa containers.

Now, on to the reward ship: Christmas ships tend to fall into these categories
   1. Are T6 or 7 premiums (Emden excluded)
   2. Are related in some form to a line released that year (PEF excluded)
   3. Are ships of historical value deserving of being collector worthy ships (PEF excluded, barely)
   4. Are usually completely forgettable and are basically nonexistent after any missions they are needed for expire (Graf Spee excluded)

With that criteria in mind, let's look at some currently in-testing (or about to be) ships that could easily meet 2 or more of these. Note: it is very likely that the Christmas ship this year is one ship already known about, as anything announced after patch 9.7 would only have one round of testing instead of most test ships getting at least two.

Leone, T6 Italian DD (yes this thing was first seen in Oct. 2018, and last heard from in Feb. 2019): Leone has no relation to any lines released this year, has some historical value (it existed, better than some ships can say) and makes Hatsuharu look good. Although if they do a dockyard (they probably will) if they choose another Italian DD in testing to be that dockyard ship, then maybe Leone might finally appear

München, T7 German Light cruiser- Fits with a German line being released this year, but doesn't have much historical value, being a never built M-class light cruiser, but it actually looks pretty decent, seeing she hasn't changed since her first reveal June 5th, same time as Anchorage

Florida, T7 US BB- Fits both US line and US BB split/extension, and semi historical value as if Germany, Japan, and Italy never renounced the Washington Naval Treaty, this is what the NCs would of been completed as, and I have seen people wanting this NC prelim in-game. However, as it stands, Florida is a really good ship and could easily become among the strongest T7 BBs out there, so not really Christmas fodder to grind away on

Those are the only ships I can think of that could be the reward ship for Christmas (at least until the second I submit this, then I'll instantly think of another). Of those three, its going to be a tossup between Florida or München, and honestly could depend on whether or not Florida is part of the US BB event. If she is, then she'll likely be premium shop only as OK will be the freeium for that event, and that frees up München for our Christmas present. If not, then I might put Florida down as the Christmas present, if only because München would make the 4th German ship to be a Christmas reward ship, compared to Britain, Italy, and US with one each.

DOCKYARD, CHRISTMAS 2020 EDITION

This Christmas dockyard will most likely follow the same format as the last two, Odin and Anchorage, with a small difference of slightly harder missions (not PR level stupidity, but almost Rouge Wave level), but doable for free (because Christmas Spirit. As for the reward ship, well there are some options

1. Paolo Emilo, T9 Italian yolo machine- Seeing how the only way I see someone actually buying this thing if it releases as it is right now is if they are absolutely insane and/or have nothing else left to spend money on, dockyard might be the only way to get people to buy this thing 

2. Belfast'43, T8 RN light cruiser- because why not capitalize on a legend returning, people who missed out on on T7 Belfast get a chance to either get the new one for free, or whale their way to Payfast 2: the sequel

3: 

Spoiler

phpjcDaIJ

I'll get my mind out of the gutter for this one.

So and that's my thoughts on Christmas 2020, I could be nearly accurate, or 100% wrong. Only time will tell

Members
6,546 posts
20,338 battles

This will be the first xmas that I hope I don't get ships, just premium time and camos.

[WOLF6]
Beta Testers
24 posts
11,431 battles

Germany was never part of the Washington Naval Treaty.

32 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Florida, T7 US BB- Fits both US line and US BB split/extension, and semi historical value as if Germany, Japan, and Italy never renounced the Washington Naval Treaty,

• Cool 2

[WOOK3]
Members
4,203 posts
3,235 battles
1 minute ago, TNTi said:

Germany was never part of the Washington Naval Treaty.

They did have ship limitations per Treaty of Versailles however. Germany renounced that.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,729 posts
11,341 battles

well, if we're getting Italian BBs after the US split, highly unlikely, but maybe Impero? because apparently Impero and the copypaste of Roma "Littorio" were 2 completely independent ships 

Edited by tcbaker777

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,275 posts
15,442 battles

Christmas event is always the highlight of the WOWS year for me.

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
[OIL-1]
Members
1,085 posts

Part 1: I'm going with Leone, for the reasons you stated in #4.

Part 2: Given the flood of Odins currently in the game, I can't see WG changing precedent by offering a free ship,
even if it is Christmas. They might offer a free ship at the halfway mark that everyone already owns, like the Graf Spee.

• Meh 2

[HRVAT]
Banned
7 posts
13 battles
13 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

DOCKYARD, CHRISTMAS 2020 EDITION

This Christmas dockyard will most likely follow the same format as the last two, Odin and Anchorage,

Anchorage ?

Did i miss a dock yard ship during my break from game ?

I have PR and Odin but take 3 month off from ga,e does not seem like I miss event

[GRAVE]
Members
1,194 posts
18,391 battles
1 minute ago, Srdjana said:

Anchorage ?

Did i miss a dock yard ship during my break from game ?

I have PR and Odin but take 3 month off from ga,e does not seem like I miss event

Next patch is bringing another dockyard, this time featuring Anchorage, a worse than stock Buffalo at T8 with Fletcher torps and an American smoke

[HRVAT]
Banned
7 posts
13 battles
7 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Next patch is bringing another dockyard, this time featuring Anchorage, a worse than stock Buffalo at T8 with Fletcher torps and an American smoke

Oh okej, well, if people do not want it, then do not have to participate I guess ?

I will get it and see how it go like with all other ship :)

[ARGSY]
Members
19,406 posts
13,715 battles
14 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Florida, T7 US BB

Far more likely IMHO that this will be released with the actual split, in the premium shop. If she is not, then I agree she is a candidate for Christmas Ship.

However, since these seem to cycle through tiers - Spee T6, Duke of York T7, PEF T6, Gorizia T7, my bet's on a T6 this year. And that may be Leone, or it may be something we haven't seen yet. 

[P-V-E]
Members
1,485 posts

I can actually see it being a submarine event this xmas, with a dockyard with a RN Sub, as the USN, KM, and IJN subs may be in by the end of the year, given otherwise RN subs will be conspicuously absent otherwise.

Edited by b101uk
spelling