You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Slava Release version gameplay.

23 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
6,367 posts
7,148 battles

As title goes, Slava is out of NDA and here's a video with her release version. Should give an idea on what to expect as a potential buyer, and as someone opposing one.

Seems to be along the lines of Champagne, conforming to passive playstyle. There's a section by the end showing the armor as well, 25mm extremities.

[STW-N]
Members
4,218 posts
10,277 battles

In truth, I am actually rather glad it's relegated to the research bureau, thus limiting its numbers.

I find this type of premium ship to be highly unhealthy for WoWs. We have enough ships encouraging the sort of camping, HE spamming, and sniping from afar meta as it is: Thunderer, Champagne, etc.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Agreed, these don't seem to be great ships in terms of impact on the meta. 

We'll see how they actually turn out. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[KWF]
Members
6,367 posts
7,148 battles
3 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

In truth, I am actually rather glad it's relegated to the research bureau, thus limiting its numbers.

I find this type of premium ship to be highly unhealthy for WoWs. We have enough ships encouraging the sort of camping, HE spamming, and sniping from afar meta as it is: Thunderer, Champagne, etc.

If I could, Slava would remain a testbed and not go public. The problem in my books lies in survivability and tanking, something that Aerroon addresses too.

Let's say for example's sake that there's a Champagne that ends up being the only top tier BB. On the reds there's a Mass or whichever tier VIII BB really. All of them can push and tank to some extend. Meanwhile Champagne goes f**k this and plinks at 18km while the team around it dies because nobody could tank.

Bottom line, these ships are good for damage totals, not so much for affecting battles.

• Cool 1

[CK5]
Members
1,549 posts
16,305 battles

8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Bottom line, these ships are good for damage totals, not so much for affecting battles.

Thumbs up for understanding the difference between effect and affect.

Edited by PrairiePlayer

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,352 posts
6,951 battles

Every time I see this ship, it's at the far edge of the map ERASING people in single salvos. 

Research B be damned, it basically ensures whoever gets their paws on it will abuse it. You basically gatekept it for Unicums....

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

0 posts

this ship should def be rb.  Otherwise it will be like smolensk part 2 except with devstrikes instead of fires. 

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,015 posts
7,823 battles

Move over Thunderer.   

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
599 posts
16,599 battles

Yup, a particular nation gotta have the best long range BB. Complete with a bow in immunity.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
5 minutes ago, Gemlin said:

Yup, a particular nation gotta have the best long range BB. Complete with a bow in immunity.

Um... 25mm bow and 32mm deck is "bow in immunity"? 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[CAZA]
527 posts
6,881 battles
21 minutes ago, Gemlin said:

25mm bow lmbo. Everyone and their mothers will pen bow tanking Slavas.

0 posts

shell velocity still the fastest in the game? Last time I came against it I couldn't even angle with incoming fire alert before the shells hit me.

Members
876 posts
5,967 battles

Holy cancer!? If this is the new direction WG is going in then I don’t see this game lasting much longer. Between CVs and BB snipers all other ships will get caught in between. Why reward camping in a tank class? I don’t get their decisions some times.

[NFJF]
Members
707 posts
11,017 battles
3 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

yeah, only BB mains like me that are spending like 500.00 to instagrind the points will have her. doing it right now actually. been waiting for this thing for over a year now and I cant wait any longer. I really enjoy the Champagne so I know I will love slava.

• Sad 1

[NFJF]
Members
707 posts
11,017 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

Every time I see this ship, it's at the far edge of the map ERASING people in single salvos. 

Research B be damned, it basically ensures whoever gets their paws on it will abuse it. You basically gatekept it for Unicums....

I'm not a unicum, but she'll be in my port tomorrow. Its all about priorities. This game is basically my only hobby so all my disposable income goes to it.

• Sad 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Ask your CV to attack her. Slava AA isnt that great...she is a damage farm for torpedo and dive bombers...

Maybe the real reason they're adding the ship is to distract high-tier CVs with a punching bag...  

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Haha 1

[KAG]
Members
76 posts
11,941 battles
On 8/4/2020 at 4:31 PM, iRA6E said:

Move over Thunderer.   

Thunderer is by far a more powerful ship. It has very good accuracy (though not quite on Slava's level), harder hitting AP, way way way harder hitting HE, better armor, better AA, better concealment, a better rudder shift time, better turning circle, faster reload, and smaller size. How people never complained about how broken Thunderer is is beyond me, but that's just what the majority of the player base is like nowadays. Only jumping on overpowered ships if they fly the Soviet flag. Or calling balanced ships overpowered if they have the Soviet flag. It must be said in this case that Slava is not overpowered.

Edited by MitoUchiha
  • Cool 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,015 posts
7,823 battles
4 minutes ago, MitoUchiha said:

Thunderer is by far a more powerful ship. It has very good accuracy (though not quite on Slava's level), harder hitting AP, way way way harder hitting HE, better armor, better AA, better concealment, a better rudder shift time, better turning circle, faster reload, and smaller size. How people never complained about how broken Thunderer is is beyond me, but that's just what the majority of the player base is like nowadays. Only jumping on overpowered ships if they fly the Soviet flag. Or calling balanced ships overpowered if they have the Soviet flag. It must be said in this case that Slava is not overpowered.

I probably wasn't clear..   what I was trying to say is that Thunderer will now have another ship playing same meta in the same space.  I haven''t played Slava, and may not, so I wouldn't necessarily say either was OP or not?    Thunderer certainly feels strong to me in limited games... but a lot less influential in battles due to the playstyle?  I figure Slava will be the same.      

[TIMT]
Members
1,713 posts
5,604 battles
On 8/4/2020 at 2:09 PM, Torenico said:

25mm bow lmbo. Everyone and their mothers will pen bow tanking Slavas.

The outer bow is 25mm, but inside the bow and not shown in the in-game armor viewer is apparently another armor block shown here:

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-warships/supertest-soviet-freemium-tier-x-battleship-slava-2-0/

Basically, the armored belt extension of 100mm to 32mm (it gets thinner further front) also has a deck inside the bow (100mm), which again is capped with an angled 420mm (!) plate. So while you can pen the bow, you probably will never citadel her through the nose as the internal plates will either lead to bounces or non-pens. This leaves you with full-pens on the bow, but no citadels. So, it is a weakness but not to the extent people would think.

[CAZA]
527 posts
6,881 battles
4 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

The outer bow is 25mm, but inside the bow and not shown in the in-game armor viewer is apparently another armor block shown here:

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-warships/supertest-soviet-freemium-tier-x-battleship-slava-2-0/

Basically, the armored belt extension of 100mm to 32mm (it gets thinner further front) also has a deck inside the bow (100mm), which again is capped with an angled 420mm (!) plate. So while you can pen the bow, you probably will never citadel her through the nose as the internal plates will either lead to bounces or non-pens. This leaves you with full-pens on the bow, but no citadels. So, it is a weakness but not to the extent people would think.

The bow would still eat penetrations from anything but Odin, let alone HE spamming ships. It's a cheeky move from WG to add a 420 mm plate that will not show up on the in-game armor scheme viewer, but BBs rarely get citadelled from the front really because shells tend to arm themselves before reaching the citadel. 25mm bow is still a major weakness.

[R-R-R]
Members
1,069 posts
11,391 battles

I used all my RB points in the ship today. She did not disappoint in my first 3 games(45% main battery hit rate with majority of shells fired from long distance). Her gameplay basically focuses on one thing - find broadside. It doesn't matter how far away that broadside is. As long as you find one, her laser gun arcs and accuracy will not let you down.

She has clear weakness in frontal engagement but it doesn't prevent her from being a ship you feel dirty to play.

Edited by Exciton8964