You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Interwebz_Grand_Champion

How is the new DD air detection?

29 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,328 posts
4,773 battles

Kinda early to ask since it won't go live until tomorrow.

• Funny 4

[MELON]
Members
904 posts
2,678 battles
33 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

BUT THIS IS THE WOWS COMMUNITY!!!! we gotta overreact and cry about anything and everything ASAP 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
7,378 posts
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

The air detection change is going live?  Maybe I missed it in the patch notes.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,328 posts
4,773 battles

You mean it isn't real?  (Haven't done the Release Notes yet.)

[PVE]
Members
7,378 posts
35 minutes ago, Interwebz_Grand_Champion said:

So it did or didn't? If not, I wonder why? If it did, how did it work out? 

It's still in closed testing.

Edited by Slimeball91

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,903 battles

So much catering to the DD players. They are the most catered to ship type in the game.

CV's keeping them in check were needed.

It keeps the game flowing instead of people hiding because there could be a DD there.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[GGWP]
Members
7,589 posts
17,983 battles
On 8/4/2020 at 2:10 PM, iDuckman said:

You mean it isn't real?  (Haven't done the Release Notes yet.)

No they never said anything about testing it ever. THey discussed it briefly a a possible option when trying to appease the player base upset about the previous season of CB's, but not a hint of actually testing or implementing it.

Members
12 posts
2,765 battles
18 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

So much catering to the DD players. They are the most catered to ship type in the game.

It keeps the game flowing instead of people hiding because there could be a DD there.

This is such an ignorant and false statement.  Did you miss the MASSIVE and I mean MASSIVE amount of radar added to the game?  Seriously, wth man.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
7,378 posts
18 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

No they never said anything about testing it ever. THey discussed it briefly a a possible option when trying to appease the player base upset about the previous season of CB's, but not a hint of actually testing or implementing it.

I thought they said they were going to test it, although I could be wrong.  I agree with you that this is WG trying to appease players.  Ultimately WG may do something to address some the DD/CV interaction.  I won't be holding my breath.  After acknowledging the problem it took WG well over a year to make the change to BB AP against DDs.  WG did jump right on making the changes to radar after they said it was a problem for DDs, it only took 8 months....Oh yeah, they also buffed radar ranges, duration, added the announcement in chat, gave it a visual representation in game so you can which of your teammates is using it, and its range/duration, and WG nerfed flooding at the same time. 

• Boring 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
7 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I thought they said they were going to test it, although I could be wrong.  I agree with you that this is WG trying to appease players.  Ultimately WG may do something to address some the DD/CV interaction.  I won't be holding my breath.  After acknowledging the problem it took WG well over a year to make the change to BB AP against DDs.  WG did jump right on making the changes to radar after they said it was a problem for DDs, it only took 8 months....Oh yeah, they also buffed radar ranges, duration, added the announcement in chat, gave it a visual representation in game so you can which of your teammates is using it, and its range/duration, and WG nerfed flooding at the same time. 

DD new air detection... It's on the way. Done.

Q: What in the world does the manufactured drama from 2 years ago have to do with the OP?

A: Absolutely nothing. 

PLEASE STOP TRYING TO DERAIL THE THREAD.

Edited by thebigblue

[PVE]
Members
7,378 posts
Just now, thebigblue said:

DD new air detection... It's on the way. Done.

Q: What in the world does the manufactured drama from 2 years ago have to do with the OP?

A: Absolutely nothing 

I'm pointing out the past actions of WG so people might have a better idea of what to expect.  You seem to be under the impression that its a done deal, and WG hasn't even committed to publicly testing this.  This is far from being done. 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,328 posts
4,773 battles
2 hours ago, Terenil said:
21 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

This is such an ignorant and false statement.  Did you miss the MASSIVE and I mean MASSIVE amount of radar added to the game?  Seriously, wth man.

Nope, he's right.  At least partly because y'all are the whiniest, noisest faction in the game.  "Radar unfair.  Must nerf!" yet again. The anti-CV crowd (which includes much of the DD Mafia) still hasn't caught up with the anti-radar rants.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,903 battles
3 hours ago, Terenil said:

I really don't want to go back to the days where people hid, and i do mean really hid behind islands and such because they were too nervous to step out and get either spotted or torped by DD they can't see. 

Anyone that has played for a long time remembers how stale the meta at high tiers became due to DD. 

That's right the meta became stale and boring because of DD. People were too afraid to leave their little island hide outs. And i don't mean just Cruisers. Everyone hid.

Do we really want to go back to matches where everyone hides because of DD? 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
7,378 posts
4 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I really don't want to go back to the days where people hid, and i do mean really hid behind islands and such because they were too nervous to step out and get either spotted or torped by DD they can't see. 

Anyone that has played for a long time remembers how stale the meta at high tiers became due to DD. 

That's right the meta became stale and boring because of DD. People were too afraid to leave their little island hide outs. And i don't mean just Cruisers. Everyone hid.

Do we really want to go back to matches where everyone hides because of DD? 

And people don't play passive now?  Also, you left out some important details about why ships "hide".  They not only hide because of DDs, but because of carriers, HE spam, and BBs that blap you from across the map.  You left those little details out. 

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,903 battles
4 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

And people don't play passive now?  Also, you left out some important details about why ships "hide".  They not only hide because of DDs, but because of carriers, HE spam, and BBs that blap you from across the map.  You left those little details out. 

They hide because the first ship spotted is either focused or torped. DD's dictate matches. Stop acting like they aren't the most influential ship in the game. BB aren't even close. Cruisers aren't either.

The common denominator is DD here. Not any other ship. If there's a CV in the match right now the matches flow and move. With no CV people stay far from caps and hide.

That meta we've done already and its quite boring.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
12,615 posts
14,320 battles
On 8/4/2020 at 11:39 AM, Spyde said:

What new air detection ?

Word is they are cutting down the air detection range for DDs so DDs if they have AA turned off are more difficult to spot as sort of a buff to them. Personally while this is good would rather of had AA buffs instead.

[PVE]
Members
7,378 posts
4 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

They hide because the first ship spotted is either focused or torped. DD's dictate matches. Stop acting like they aren't the most influential ship in the game. BB aren't even close. Cruisers aren't either.

The common denominator is DD here. Not any other ship. If there's a CV in the match right now the matches flow and move. With no CV people stay far from caps and hide.

That meta we've done already and its quite boring.

You lack the ability to think critically in order to find the root cause of the problem.  That's because of your bias against concealment.  DDs spotting you doesn't cause a single hit point to be lost.  It's the massive damage coming from the focus fire from half the enemy team.  It's the lethality of ships that is the root cause of passive play at high tiers.  Not concealment.  Don't believe me?  Make ships fire marshmallows and see how much more willing people are to push forward.  I'm not suggesting that, just using it to illustrate the point.  

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,903 battles
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

You lack the ability to think critically in order to find the root cause of the problem.  That's because of your bias against concealment.  DDs spotting you doesn't cause a single hit point to be lost.  It's the massive damage coming from the focus fire from half the enemy team.  It's the lethality of ships that is the root cause of passive play at high tiers.  Not concealment.  Don't believe me?  Make ships fire marshmallows and see how much more willing people are to push forward.  I'm not suggesting that, just using it to illustrate the point.  

No, i've lived it. I remember the matches. Critical thinking doesn't apply to memories.

This isn't something i'm guessing will happen, this is something i remember happening quite frequently before the CV rework. People hid and will hide more because there could be a DD over there.

Once we got CV's matches started to flow with fun.

Taking away their ability to spot the most influential ship type in the game is just going to lead to more passive play just like it did in the past.

• Cool 2