You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gaelic_knight

MATCHMAKING NEEDS FIXED

6 comments in this topic

[MR-1]
Members
1,984 posts
23,202 battles

Being up tiered  doesnt work    T6 against T8   is not  a fair matchmaking  choice  . gives lower tiers  an unfair advantage  

and WOW calls it a fair match making  

shot-20.08.03_20.28.14-0202.jpg

• Cool 1

[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
130 posts
7,523 battles

My Biggest Gripe with Matchmaking is the Amount of Middle Tier ships in this game. Why does it have to be basically a tier 6 vs Tier 8 Game? Theres literally 2 Tier 7s in the match with the rest being 6s or 8s. Any tier that this tends to happen really sucks. There should always be more Middle Tier Ships then bottom Tier Ships in the match.  I get that you need bottom tier ships for Queue Times but i just hate how the current setup is and it happens all the time. But alas Bottom tier or not il make it work the best I can.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,330 posts
14,924 battles

Nothing wrong with that match. Both teams had the same number and tier ships as the other. Tier 6 DD's, of which there are none in that match, have some ability to complain about being bottom tier but other ships don't because of detection ranges but that is it.

The problem before was certain tiers being dragged up far too often. With the current MM it tries to keep your being bottom tier down to 40% or less but doesn't always  succeed.

Edited by BrushWolf

[KOBK]
Members
483 posts
5,566 battles

Better play full HE in those matches. Theres nothing to do, it sucks, yeah, but it doesnt look like they going to fix it. 

It should be +1/-1, but doesnt look like its gonna change soon

Members
1,383 posts
4,457 battles

MM should be +/- one tier unless the player waits more than 3 minutes for a game. This would mean that during peak times, it would be +/- one tier and during slow times it would be +/- two tiers. I'd be willing to wait a couple extra minutes to get a +/- 1 tier game than always being bottom tier by 2 tiers to others. T5 and T8 are particularly a pain due to these issues.