Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

What Are Good Akizuki Builds These Days?

6 comments in this topic

Members
12,615 posts
14,320 battles

So currently have a 12 point captain with PM, AR, LS, BFT, and CE on my Akizuki and wondering what optimal builds are these days?

Considering  SE and SI which would leave 1 skills free. But wondering if different set up would be better? Like maybe SE and AFT?

Also wondering if Akizuki is effective at ranges like 15km which is what I estimate the gun range would end up being after AFT, plus the small AA buff would be welcome if the guns could manage that range. ( I do have Aiming Mod 1 on the ship.)

Have heard DE is good on Akizuki which presents another possible set up.

Thanks in advance. :Smile_honoring:

[PISD]
Members
1,921 posts
6,338 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

So currently have a 12 point captain with PM, AR, LS, BFT, and CE on my Akizuki and wondering what optimal builds are these days?

Considering  SE and SI which would leave 1 skills free. But wondering if different set up would be better? Like maybe SE and AFT?

Also wondering if Akizuki is effective at ranges like 15km which is what I estimate the gun range would end up being after AFT, plus the small AA buff would be welcome if the guns could manage that range. ( I do have Aiming Mod 1 on the ship.)

Have heard DE is good on Akizuki which presents another possible set up.

Thanks in advance. :Smile_honoring:

Depends of a few thing. First, is it an Akizuki captain or do you plan to rise him to Harugumo?

If you want to go only for the Akizuki: I would go with : Preventive Maintenance, Last Stand, BFT, CE, then RPF Demolition expert or Superintendant and lastly AR.

If you want to go higher and have a commander for Harugumo :Preventive Maintenance, Last Stand, BFT, CE, IFHE, CE, Priority target.

The fire chance loss for a Harugumo is a minor set back vs the capacity to pen every BB bow and stern. Meanwhile Akizuki 30mm pen is still quite relevant against tier 7 and lower, making it more situational.

RPF is more useful than Adrenaline Rush in every situation and should be taken first. Knowing where those nasty torps may be coming from is crucial in those clumsy Destroyer.

Members
12,615 posts
14,320 battles
9 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Depends of a few thing. First, is it an Akizuki captain or do you plan to rise him to Harugumo?

If you want to go only for the Akizuki: I would go with : Preventive Maintenance, Last Stand, BFT, CE, then RPF Demolition expert or Superintendant and lastly AR.

If you want to go higher and have a commander for Harugumo :Preventive Maintenance, Last Stand, BFT, CE, IFHE, CE, Priority target.

The fire chance loss for a Harugumo is a minor set back vs the capacity to pen every BB bow and stern. Meanwhile Akizuki 30mm pen is still quite relevant against tier 7 and lower, making it more situational.

RPF is more useful than Adrenaline Rush in every situation and should be taken first. Knowing where those nasty torps may be coming from is crucial in those clumsy Destroyer.

Plan on having the current captain stay with Akizuki and an eye towards using it in Ranked.

[PISD]
Members
1,921 posts
6,338 battles
48 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Plan on having the current captain stay with Akizuki and an eye towards using it in Ranked.

In such case I would ignore IFHE. not enough BB to farm and you got torp anyway. Plus, if you use her in CB at tier 8 one BB hardly justify IFHE.

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
30,163 battles

For randoms and with the intention of using it on the haru: pt, ar, ls, bft, de, aft, ifhe. You can drop aft for ce if you absolutely need it or you can swap de for se to increase survivability. For ranked you don't really need ifhe and aft so ce and se+pm is a good choice. 

[ICEY]
Members
190 posts
6,743 battles

My build is PT, LS, DE, and CE.

I skipped IFHE as I wanted to test how effective it is in comparison to my previous captain that had IFHE. I kept ending up racking lots of fire damage because cruisers captains have a bad habit of hitting the DCP right away. Plus Aki meets tier 6 and 7 ships where she doesn't need IFHE. If you go up to Harugumo, you definitely need IFHE cause all the BBs you meet will be a hard but to crack.

Sign in to follow this